“Nothing like it!”
Review of Flying Adventures - CLOSED

Flying Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Flights, Tennessee River Gorge, Nickajack Lake, Flythis.biz, Adventure flying, WSC Amphibious Trike, Cygnet, Chattanooga, Introductory Flight Lesson
Chattanooga, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing like it!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Erik greeted us when we arrived with a casual observation about the osprey's flying over us, and I knew that the focus of the ride would not be a daredevil event, as my husband feared. "Aren't you afraid you are going to fall out of that thing?", my husband asked me. I knew safety wasn't an issue, and i didn't have a fear of heights, so I figured I was ok. My son who has flown RC planes from a young age has been in a pursuit of speed with freedom. I knew it was a perfect fit. Erik gave us a quick education, and then the unexpected occurred. You drive into the water like a john boat , and when the right conditions are met, he lifts the nose and we were airborne. The next thing I knew we were looking down at the trees. Erik is a unobtrusive tour guide, allowing the time for the sense of wonder to saturate you. He is completely open to questions and can give background info on what you are seeing. And my son arrived back on the ground with a grin that could not be wiped off his face!

Visited August 2012
erik g, Manager at Flying Adventures, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
I'm really glad you had such a great experience!! Thanks very much for coming and for sharing.

Elkmont, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AWESOME EXPERIENCE!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Eric is an excellent Pilot. He gives great information about the things you are seeing during the flight. This is one of the coolest experiences of my life. You will see some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere.

Visited July 2012
Tucker, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My daughter-in-law, granddaughter (college girl) and I all went up in the 'Trike' with Erik - individually- and each of us will review but I got to it first! Erik is a consummate guide, he is extremely safety conscious and very experienced in flying. Once you take off, it is a bit intimidating to just go up, up and away but you very quickly feel safe and comfy since Erik is pointing out surroundings and his enthusiasm for this is catching. I found myself leaning out a bit and pointing out and asking 'what's that?" many times. Erik had all the asnwers. He also wants you to experience the feel of the craft and has you try turning a bit - feels very different than a car on the road at 80 mph but still - not scary. Loved this experience and have told everyone I know about it including total strangers we met in Chatt a couple of hours later.
SO - go ahead and do it - your bucket list will not be complete with out it!!!

, Manager at Flying Adventures, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for the most excellent feedback, it was a pleasure getting you ladies airborne!!
Orlando, Florida
“You Only Live Once...”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Having already done two flights with Erik ( because once just wasn't enough;) I can confidentially say that flying with Erik on his small two-seater seaplane was one of the most tantalizing experiences of my life! Soaring over blue waters as they expand into the engulfing canyons of the valley below, Erik sure knows how to show someone the very best view of the town!:) You feel free as a bird and safely secured as you make a smooth landing back unto the crystal waters and wish how you could be back in the sky soaring with Erik once again!

erik g, Manager at Flying Adventures, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
I'm really glad you loved the flying. Thanks for the excellent review and come back anytime to FLYTHIS.BIZ ;-)
Valdosta, Georgia
“dream come true... bird eye view”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Erik (from Flythis.biz) provided an outstanding flying experience near Chattanooga, TN... this was a dream come true for me of course but it also enable my daughter to experience the magic of flight . Very professionals Erik offers a safe and sansassional escape from our daily ground base every day life! ... a must do!