Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #40 of 864 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Taziki's is located downtown with a great view of Market Street and patio seating is available. We offer a refreshing break from the typical with flavors inspired by the Mediterranean, highlighted by simple ingredients, fresh grilled meats, original sauces and healthy sides. We provide a relaxed atmosphere for business lunches and entertaining clients. We have fresh and healthy catering available any day of the week.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was a to go order, but the food was prepared well and all over good experience. The restaurant was very clean and tidy.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I've loved Taziki's ever since they became regulars in the UTC University Center--it's the only food I would eat on campus.

The food at the main restaurant on Market Street did not disappoint. The fruit was fresh, and the chicken pesto gyro was fantastic; no chewy or fatty bits, and no pesto overload. The only strange thing was that our meals were served with a side of potato chips. We weren't expecting them, and really had no interest in tainting our palates with them, so they were left uneaten. Some sort of hummus side dish would have been better.

The atmosphere is very nice. The restaurant itself is extremely clean and well organized.

My only complaints:
-There is absolutely no parking reserved for sit-in diners. I understand that parking downtown is extremely limited, but not having any parking makes my likelihood of patronage drop drastically. I will specifically avoid going to places downtown if it means having to fight tooth and nail for a parking spot that isn't five or six blocks away. There were reserved spots for take-out diners, which was nice (and I will be utilizing them in the future).

-The staff, while very helpful and generally friendly, looked like they would rather be eating glass than working a Saturday lunch shift. Some of them literally looked like they were in pain. I know being a server is rough, but it's not okay to make customers feel like they're causing you emotional trauma by wanting to eat.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was my first visit to this location (Gunbarrel Rd) and it will not be my last. The dish I wanted to order was only available on Friday's and the chef was gracious enough to make it for me even though it was not Friday. The dish was delicious!!! I initially had this dish at an event that had food catered from Taziki's.

1  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had the unexpected please of happening upon this local neighborhood Mediterranean Cafe today.

The food selections on this menu included such refreshing healthy selections from traditional Greek lamb, to grilled chicken and even fish, which is so needed in lunch offerings around the area...plus even gluten free for many who need this option... grilled vegetables, salads galore' Oh My, I had the grilled chicken roll-up on a flour tortilla and the chicken was a generous serving and the sauce was light. I also enjoyed the side of fresh pasta salad and nice since I like cold foods in hot summer heat! I can't wait to share this location with my family and friends... they even offer special take home meals for the busy family life! Be sure and notice the clean, and festive, relaxed environment and the top notch attention to service you will experience in a walk up order style/ then server brings food to tables...even a few seating's outside here too. The ice tea was brewed nice and they had real lemon wedges which I enjoy as a 'Real Southern' tea lover...for those with a sweet tooth they do offer nade from scratch offerings also...

1  Thank JM L
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Very nice place! Counter service was good, for being an insanely busy place. One of the only Greek restaurants I've visited that actually serves real lamb on a gyro. Quality is outstanding, everything was better than expected