“Fun and Free”

and up
Chattanooga's North Shore and Coolidge Park Tour by Segway
Ranked #6 of 153 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Named in honor of a World War II Medal of Honor recipient, this seven-acre park features a restored hand-carved carousel, pavilion and interactive play fountain.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The water park in Coolidge Park was so much fun. My grandchildren loved it and did not want to leave. The could run, climb and splash. It was a wonderful, refreshing afternoon. The carrosell l was also a fun relaxing way to end the day. Highly recommend this stop. Beautiful park, also got to walk on the river boat.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Rode the indoor carousel. It was hot in there but they had huge fans trying to cool it off. The ticket machines would jam up if you got more than one ticket at a time. We walked all around the park & played in the fountain area. Very cool with the different animal statues... Cheap fun!!!

1  Thank fsc81
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family LOVES Coolidge Park! The carousel is the selling point here for my girls. What a great value for the memories you make! You can ride the antique carousel for only $1.00 and that means my girls ride it over and over again. The rest of the park is absolutely beautifully maintained. The water area for the kids is great and the grounds are beautiful. The view of the Walnut Street Bridge is spectacular. It is a great place to relax and enjoy the moment.

1  Thank CRI1177
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Great stop if you are traveling on I 75 to Florida. We got there around 10 on a Saturday and got a 2 dollar parking spot for 2 hours. I have a 4 year old and 22 month old and they loved the splash fountain. Please wear water shoes because I saw a few kids slipping.
Right next to the splash fountain is an old school merry go round for one dollar kids under 2 are free. Give your 45 minutes to walk across the pedestrian bridge across the tenn river. Bring your camera! There is so much to do in a small area. You could easily make a day or two days out of the downtown area. I also felt very safe the entire time I was there. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The kids love the area where they can play at the water fountain. I am 60 years old and I still enjoy riding the carrousel which is only a few feet away. Make sure you bring your own lounge chair. There are not many places to sit. Restrooms are available. It's also close to eating places.