“Nice place to bring the family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Raccoon Mountain RV Park and Campground
“Nice place to bring the family”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here a few nights with our family. Our kids love explored but we wished there were a few more things for the kids to see and do. The park was older and with the weather the gocart track was closed. We enjoyed the area and will keep it in mind if we travel near here again. Everyone at the park was wonderful and helped us when our camper had problems. We are very thankful for their kindness.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Faribault, Minnesota
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed a week and a day in cabin 6. the cabins are cute but lack any extras. A small table of any sort would have been nice and some coat hooks on the wall would have been helpful also. This cabin is a half bath cabin. The floors were sticky, and you could see dirt. There was somebody elses dirty sock under the bed, and we had just a broom not even a dust pan or mop to clean with. This is just a half bath cabin so we had to use the shower house. THEY do not regularly clean it. I went in one day and someone forgot their dirty undergarments on the shelf in one of the shower stalls 30+ hours later, they were still there :( Lots of teenagers running the place, lots of talking and very little cleaning I would say. If they can get their workers to shape up and keep the place clean, it would be a wonerful place. we did not do anythig at the campground other than use the cabin as home base as we investigated the surrounding areas.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DRJakes
CampRMC, Manager at Raccoon Mountain RV Park and Campground, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks for pointing these issues out, I am sorry that you felt as the restrooms do not get cleaned regularly, we clean them at opening and also at closing and check in between. We are in a spot where if clothes are left and we throw them away the people who "forgot" them get mad and then the other side of the coin is persons such as yourself feel as though the restrooms don't get cleaned if we leave them there for the owners to collect. We do have a young staff but they typically go out of their way to assist anyone with anything whether it is our duty or not. As far as the sock in the cabin I am sorry it was there as our cleaning staff moves the furniture and appliances each time they clean and then the cabins are inspected by another member of our staff so I am unsure as to how they missed this. Thank you again for the feedback because we can't move forward and make our park better if issues are not brought to us. We sweep and swiffer all the cabins after they are cleaned and inspected. The cabins are small so that is why the cabin you stayed in does not have a table or chair inside, however the larger cabins that have full kitchens and baths do have tables. We do also keep extra toilet paper, soap, trash bags etc in our office for the convenience of our guests so that it does not clutter the cabin.
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My family and I stayed there in our Toy Hauler for 3 nights January 18-21 2013. The campsite was clean and the site we stayed at was mostly level. The employees were always very helpful. My kids loved the go-karts and the cave. I will definately be back again to do the long cave tour. The only reason I gave it a 4 was because the fire wood that they were selling was wet and very hard to start a campfire with otherwise I would have given them a 5. Thanks again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alain A
Pleasant Lake, Indiana
Reviewed January 9, 2013

RV Campground: We called in a couple hours ahead of time to check availibility of a transient pull-thru on a reasonably level site. As we passed Nick-A-Jack we called in again and they said they would stay open until we arrived. We were well treated on arrival, registered easily and guided by golf cart to the site with minimal turn angles. The after dark mountain against the sky was beautiful and the camp area was quiet. We set up on the level lot and proceeded to showers about 100 yards away. Wow - they were really warm and taking the shower was a pleasure and so was toweling off afterwards. The site had water, 30/50A and black water hookups. No issues encountered and we departed at 0800. Easy on/off from I-24. I would guess about 20% occupancy, drive/sites are limestone and we have a truck slidein towing a dolly/Honda Civic rig and backing up is not an option. KOA level pricing.

Room Tip: The RV sites are not complicated to negotiate for transients. Appear to be several local attractions...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank InspiredSailor
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a great experience. We were a little concerned after reading some reviews. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We arrived after closing but easily found the office and a map with our campsite identified. The views from the campground are outstanding. We would most certainly stay again!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Cabin #3 for our anniversary trip to Chattanooga. The staff let us check in after hours leaving a helpful map to our site. The cabin was clean and as advertised with a full sized bed and a set of bunk beds. The mattresses were very firm so bring some memory foam if that doesn't suit you. The refrigerator was nice and clean. The only complaint we had was there were some beetles that came from the drain and a couple cockroaches, but what do you expect from a wooden cabin in the mountains?

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank AABateries
Cottonwood, Arizona
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Made a reservation 24 hr before arriving & was told about a 1 day charge if I did not show. I callled & canceled 12 hrs later & they charged me any way; Stating they had a 48 hr cancellation limit. I WAS NOT told about that, just a "NO SHOW" policy.
Now they're telling me they were 100% booked (which I doubt). Had we have known about the 48 hr policy we would NOT have made a reservation only 24 hrs in advance.

• Stayed October 2012