“Friday Fish Fry”
Review of The Bistro at the Beth - CLOSED

The Bistro at the Beth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was my first visit and won't be my last.

I don't usually order fried food - too greasy - but the fish (perch) was small thin fillets with the perfect light dusting of cornmeal to give the fish some texture. Crisp, hot and fried in front of your eyes. They know how to fry; the fish wasn't greasy at all! Didn't even need any tarter sauce (I don't think there was any).

I ordered the combo plate - four fillets, baked beans, cole slaw and two slices of white bread. $6.50. Amazing. The beans were thick and rich, with a dark deep color, and a molasses base with bits of bacon. The cole slaw was slightly sweet, vinegar based that I don't usually like but I this time I did.

A co-worker ordered the brisket. A generous portion of smokey meat with a sweet dark barbeque sauce. Not sure which to order? Go with a friend and split the meat portion - there's plenty.

The Bistro is at the Bethlehem Center, an agency dedicated to transforming lives and communities through its programs. And through their great, simple but good food.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had the opportunity today to once again visit The Bistro for lunch. I do believe each time I go the food is more delicious than my previous visit! I usually shy away from buffets because all the food seems to taste the same but not at The Bistro...every dish is prepared so well, so full of flavor, so delicious...if I close my eyes I can easily pretend I'm a child again sitting at my Mama's or my Aunt Venie's table enjoying all the wonderful food they prepared from scratch in their very southern kitchens...that's how good the food is at The Bistro. The staff is so welcoming & attentive; the building is so very clean. It's a wonderful place staffed with wonderful people doing a wonderful job for their community. You are so missing out if you don't take the time to experience lunch at The Bistro. Take time to walk down the main hall of the Bethlehem Center and read the information boards, take time to shake Coach Jennings' hand or any of the great staff working there..you'll be so glad you did. They also have great meeting space for those looking for that sort of thing and no or very minimal cost; plan your next meeting there and incorporate lunch...all attending will be very glad you did!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I got a friend to go with me to the Bistro at the Beth. I had seen an interview of Mr. Goins talking about what all the Bistro had to offer and I wanted to just go and support their effort.
When we got there, my friend and I were treated like special guest by each and everyone of the staff, as we watched people come and go we discovered that everyone that walked in the door was treated that way. It was so nice to see 'ole southern manners in action. But all that was just icing, the real pleasure was the food!
We will be going back. We left happy and full!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We had a big group to dine at the Bistro at the beth Sunday after church it was very refreshing to know all you have to do is call a day or two early and the owner Mr. Goins or the Manager Mr. Ray both were very accommodating and professional. You talk about Good Food it was the best and the prices were good also. You can't get that every where, but..you can get it at the Bistro,,and the service was tops, to us the staff was very please to see us..,Now that's Southern Hospitality. Love that Sunday buffet. Now I will go back sometimes in the week..YUM!!

1  Thank raymondDalton g
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Today I enjoyed the lunch buffet. The chicken and mac'n cheese were to die for! Very good! And tasted like something a southern host would serve to special guests. The staff were all very upbeat and hospitable. They communicated that they were sincerely glad their guests were there. The salad bar was not extensive, but the items on it were very fresh and tasted great. The potato salad was my favorite.

They had a separate room that accommodated our group of 16.

2  Thank JanetonLookout