“Great place but think before you go!”
Review of Pin Strikes

Pin Strikes
Ranked #21 of 33 Fun & Games in Chattanooga
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have been here several times since it opened. We loved it since the beginning. Last two times the service has been poor and prices are getting higher with less coupons or package deals. Only one register open on a Friday night! Took longer to get paid then it took to bowl. The person behind the counter rolls their eyes when you ask about coupons it is bad (wait till that kid has kids, lol) In the past they had coupons online or in paper (or even if you just ask the person at the counter they would give you one) this time no coupons. Now before you think that I am whining, and say they do have specials on weekdays.
Think that a family of four like us from out of town that comes to chattanooga once or twice a month comes only on the weekends. So with hotel for the night, shopping, eating out, ect... You look for the best ways to spend. That said they need to think packages that a cost friendly for families. They need to think volume like when the place first opened rather than most buck! We use to wait in line for the laser tag, balladium war, and carts it really is more fun with a ton of people in there and not so much when it is just us four waiting for more people to be willing to pay the price. We like this place more then their computing up the street and even the chuckee cheese over the bridge near other mall but they need to start to think like them and have better more value for your pay packages. Like my wife said May be time to drive to Gatlinburg (all the places that have lasted with this kind of stuff there have great packages and coupons online, Facebook, or texting) or Atlanta, Nashville (where dave and busters or many other park style places.when I spend more than what it cost to go to six flags for a family of four to bowl and play a few rounds of other things I must agree.

2  Thank Daytonfam
Michael D, General Manager at Pin Strikes, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hi Dayton Family, we're very sorry to hear about the poor service you had when you visited us. It is never our intention to provide slow service. We have addressed this issue with the staff and are working towards correcting these problems. We recommend following our Facebook page at facebook.com/PinStrikes1 for updates on specials, coupons or giveaways. We understand the importance of family budgeting and we're thrilled you've chosen us as your primary outing in the past. We haven't raised prices because we aim to be an affordable and fun family friendly place for everyone. We hope you'll continue to visit us when you are in the Chattanooga area. Thank you for your feedback and the review. Best, Michael D., Manager

All reviews
"black light"
in 6 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 28, 2013

First off, we used a buy-one-get-one-free bowling game and even that wound up being a questionable deal. The regular rate is $5.25 + $4.25 shoe rental... per person! Yes, that's $9.50 per person per game. That's $38 for a family of 4 to bowl a single game or $76 for 2 games. Yikes! Video games are also really expensive at $1 each, plus I believe you have to buy the card to use which is $.50. The laser tag, balladium and bumper cars (which weren't turned on) looked fun, but are kinda pricey too.

The lanes were nice (it was cool that each person had the option for bumper or not) and shoes were new, although I guess too new as they weren't slippery at all which means I couldn't bowl properly.

So, if you are good with the prices and plan ahead time and maybe use a coupon or use a combination package, I think you'll have a lot of fun. I could see doing one of their birthday packages with all 4 activities as being a blast ($209 according to their website).

After we bowled, we went 7 miles up to Chuck e Cheese and got 90 games for $20 (best value around) instead of 19 video games at Pin Strikes.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This is much more than a bowling alley. We had a ton of fun. They had a large arcade area compared to other bowling alleys. There was laser tag and a spin zone. There was a wait for a bowling lane to become open but we were having so much fun we didn't care. They have reasonable prizes and the staff was friendly. We didn't try the food but the menu had a decent variety. We will definitely visit again!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently looked for a place to take the kids (9 and 3) during a rainy day. We went to Pin Strikes on a recommendation. The place is like a huge chucky cheese.

What was good:
1. Really cool games, some I have never seen before. All of them worked and my kids had a blast.
2. Food was good. We ended up eating dinner there. The burgers were good and they had a huge menu to choose from.
3. They have several activities (bowling, games, bumper boats, some ball shooting game and a bar in the back for adults).
4. Laser tag was fun and not busy at all. I am sure it can get busy at different times.

What was not so good:
1. Very crowded. We would have bowled, but there were no open lanes (they have about 20).
2. Very little seating. There are about four tables for eating. We ended up taking our food to the bar in the back and eating.
3. Expensive. It is not hard to drop $100 in this place. Each game is about $1 to play (some are $.50 and $1.50).
4. The bumper boats and ball shooting game had nobody to monitor them. At first I thought they were open and not available.

My kids had a good time, but I think it is best to stay clear of during the prime times.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ask the hotel for a place to take the kids during a rain soaked day. They recommended this place. I will let them know not a good choice!! We purchased a 3 attraction combo that included Lazer Tag, Bumper Cars and Balladium. First thing we waited at the bumper cars for 10 mins and no one was there to assist us. We decided to go do the Lazer Tag until someone was availible to work the bumper attraction. After my kids waited 10 additional mins for their turn at the lazer tag the attendant informed us we had to wait longer because she had a B-day party that gets priority. So back to the bumper cars......After another 5 mins i decided to go back to the front and ask. I was told their should be someone in a red / black shirt there. I agreed, There should have been but no one was there!!! The lady at the lazer tag finally come over and let them on the ride. She walked away leaving the ride unatteded again. Next FUN.....experience was the Balladium. We ask a maintenence man who was working who was there to let us in. He said Not sure but i can let you in. This was a neon room with half working ball guns. Not worth a dime!! Lastly long wait for bowling(we didn't wait) and the place appeared dirty and unorganized! We do not recommend this attraction.

1  Thank Wade C