“Mouth-watering tacos!”

Taqueria Jalisco
Ranked #79 of 839 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I grew up in Chattanooga but only visit home 1-2 times per year...and when I do, Taqueria Jalisco is first on my list of places to eat! The tacos are authentic- indistinguishable from many I enjoyed in Mexico City- and inexpensive, and the staff welcomes you as if you are family. Wash everything down with a Sodaworks soda, made in Chattanooga!

There are newer reviews for Taqueria Jalisco

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at Taqueria Jalisco on Monday April 15th . I was not aware of the restaurant until I read the reviews on the Saturday before our visit. My wife and I were the first customers in the restaurant that day. The young man Jorge asked if this was our first visit, he really made us feel welcome. It is a very small place and it didn't take long for it to fill up, several decided to dine in the outside area.One thing that we noticed was that Jorge knew each of the customers by name and on several occasions spoke their order to them before they placed it.I had the quesadilla and my wife had a burrito.I am not a fan of guacamole but I was tempted to try it because of the freshness.If you want authentic Mexican food, try Taqueria Jalisco.

1  Thank laboaks53
Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you want fresh, delicious, authentic Mexican food that is prepared expertly, then this is the place for you. Took my wife and kids here yesterday and had a great meal. Jorge was extremely welcoming and took care of us on our first trip here. Mom ( i believe ) was in the back doing all the cooking. My wife's guacamole was perfectly fresh and I ordered a burrito that came out nice and hot and was very filling. Kids had tacos and enjoyed them. Will make this a place we stop at on our future trips to Chattanooga.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Looks like a tiny dive, but the service and good are incredible. The beef tacos taste like steak- so yummy! Salsa and chips SE fresh and tasty. Guacamole is fresh and quesadillas are yummy. Try the tres leches cake too!!!

1  Thank CaseyMKnox
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Tacqueria Jalisco is one of our favorites. First off, the service is outstanding. Owners, Maria and her son, Jorge, are delightful and they make everyone feel welcome the second they walk in the door. Unlike most small taquerias, Jalisco has a lovely decor and atmosphere, with artful details that add to its charm. And last, the food is so tasty! Guacamole is fresh and flavorful, with plenty of lime and cilantro. Our favorite dishes include the sincronizadas, tortas, tacos, and pupusa. You can make pretty much anything vegetarian and they even have cactus as an option (surprisingly tasty!). This is a little known gem in Chattanooga, off the beaten path but so worth it!