“Nice place to kick back.”
Review of Taqueria Jalisco

Taqueria Jalisco
Ranked #79 of 846 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went into Taqueria Jalisco for a couple of cold brews after a long and unseasonably hot day in Chattanooga, and it was great. Delightful atmosphere, quick friendly service and some excellent complimentary salsas for snacking. Hit it up.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you are looking for Mexican cuisine that isn't your run-of-the-mill Amigos, then this place is for you! They make their guacamole on-order and it isn't that pasty green stuff you normally get, it's full of onions, cilantro and tomatoes. Tacos are great and the staff is very friendly. Look no further, you have found the best Mexican food in Chattanooga.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Its a tiny place seats 24 I think. Family owned locally. The beef tongue taco & fish taco I had were excellent. The guacamole is made to order & super fine. No beer or wine but they have mexican soft drinks & offer flavored water. I had Mango. Marvelous!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Honestly...I hate to do a review on this place because I'd love to keep it a Chattanooga secret but I suppose other people should have an opportunity to eat at the best Mexican Restaurant in Chattanooga. The staff are really nice. The only thing that sucks is their hours. They close at like 7pm on the weekends. This place should be open until at least 9pm every night. I think it is on it's way to becoming a Chattanooga favorite. I hope they can get more servers and help so they can have later hours.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stopped to pick up dinner for my husband and me. The place is tiny--only five tables, but it's pleasant. I ordered a chicken burrito, carne asada, and guacomole. The total price was just short of $20.

On the way home the food smelled delicious! And it lived up to its preview. The guacamole was fresh with chunks of onion and tomato--I just wish it had been a larger portion. i had the burrito. It was delicious! Lots of fresh onions, pepper, and the chicken had been grilled. My husband had the carne asada, and he was equally impressed.

We'll be going back!