“Bed bugs”
Review of Alpine Lodge Motel

Alpine Lodge Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Alpine Lodge Motel
Ranked #86 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Bed bugs”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Just found a big bed bug. I am so freaked out. It was crawling super fast right at me I caught in a yahoo bottle. We took a video and photos of it. We dont know what to do they said no refunds we are going to ask anyway this is so gross. Wall heater and a small plug in heater that dont work. Not enough plug ins even for thier things in room. Hot tub up against bed that dont work. Left door locked when left came back door unlocked. Pillow cases look dirty sheets dingy and yellow looking. Drain problems in tub.

• Stayed March 2013
7 Thank Shaeshae27

Families
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Water mysteriously running & Door wide open after we returned from dinner. I was terrified and wanted to check out & check in at the Hampton up the road. Should have followed my instincts when I first arrived
I'll never forget waking up from a nightmare I had in this room. The worst hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed October 2012
9 Thank Beki007
Dendron, VA
Reviewed July 11, 2012

First, we called for reservations and we talked to someone that was not very smart. He said they only made reservations one week prior to a stay and I was told at first that I could not make reservations because I was calling more than a week prior to our, my wife and I's, stay. Once I got that straight, I thought everything was going to be okay. When we arrived, we were told that the room that we reserved had been given to someone else and that we were being given a "better" room for one night and then would have to switch to the room we originally booked for the other two nights and we agreed to do that. Later in the evening, we were called and told that we were not charged the appropriate amount, that they forgot to add the sales tax. I told them that I would come to the office the next morning to take care of it. The next morning when I went to the office to turn in the key for the "better" room so that we could move to the room originally reserved, I was informed that we would be remaining in the "better" room for one more night. That infuriated me because we had already packed everything up in our car to switch rooms and I told the woman at the front desk that I should not have to pay the sales tax that she forgot to charge because of this HUGE inconvenience. She tried to give me a sob story of how it would come out of her check if I did not pay it, but I felt that the least that could be done for such HORRIBLE customer service was to waive the sales tax. When I returned to the car and told my wife about this, we decided that we would not stay there for the remaining two nights we were in Chattanooga. I went back in the office and ask for a refund for the remaining two nights, surprisingly, was given that with no problems. Only go here if you enjoy lousy customer service. As for the "better" room, just from outside appearance, the room that we had did not appear to be any different from any other room there, but apparently there was a major price difference because the lady at the desk constantly stressed how she was losing money by allowing us to stay in that room, but that was her fault for giving our room to someone else. My advice is to stay away from this place and put out a little more money for better customer service and a more comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kenneth B
South Carolina
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I seldom or never pay $36 plus tax for a motel room. I travel 100 nights a year and average $100 + per stay. However, I make an exception when I come to Cookeville. I've stayed at the Alpine Lodge 3 or 4 times over the years and find it is a clean, quiet, peaceful place to stay. My stay in April 2010 I noticed the rooms had been renovated and the staff as friendly as ever. I suppose you could come to the lodge at a time when families and children were present, but if you ask for a quiet room I think they will find the right place for you. The lodge has several different parts to it, and I suppose some areas are busier and thus not quiet as peaceful as others. Anyway, I like this motel. I'm a fussy and harried traveler and if it satisfies me it should most. Tell them what you want and the friendly people at Alpine Lodge will see that you get it--at a cost 1/2 or 1/4 what you would pay elsewhere. Thank you Alpine Lodge for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank richdavis101
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed July 16, 2006

For $70 a night for a standard room, this place was a good value for the money. Yes it is old and could use some updating but overall was clean and we had no complaints except the pillows were flat. The motel is set on 2 acres surrounded by mountains with nice grounds and a very nice pool that we used. I would recommend to anyone looking to save on the room and spend their money instead on siteseeing, attractions, dining, etc.

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank MoonlightMile
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 25, 2004

Please, do yourself a favor and do NOT consider this shack of a hotel. The owner was pleasant and kind, however, after staying in the hotel one night, my party and I felt very taken advantage of. The hotel was exceedingly over-priced. At nearly $150.00 a night, this "cabin" was highly overrated, and the advertising was purposefully false and misleading. For example, the entire room was not more than 12 X 12, but, when I asked prior to our arrival if the rooms were small, I was informed they were “cozy”. If you define cozy as an 18-inch separation between the bed and Jacuzzi, then you will be in heaven. I call it cramped. This was the only walkway in the entire room, save the entrance, which only led straight to the bathroom. Now, while the presence of a jacuzzi was enjoyable, it made loud, screeching noises when turned on, which made watching the orange-toned TV or relaxing virtually impossible. Two walls of the cabin were lined with gold speckled wall mirrors, which were cheesy and shady, rather than romantic. The linens appeared to come from a 1950's garage sale and the bathroom was something out of the 1960s. The entire place had the ambiance of a side-of-the-road, seedy love-motel. The bathroom, partly due to age, appeared dirty and unsanitary. Instead of complimentary and sanitary bathroom amenities, there were two refillable tubes (vials) of liquid. Each had a handmade sticky-label on it that stated "shampoo" and "conditioner". The bonus was the tube that included a piece of the previous guest's hair stuck to the label. Neat bathroom tricks included being able to distinguish the different shades of brown stains on the floor tile through the thin toilet paper. The room was advertised as having a couch and chair but, in reality, the couch was a wicker 2-seater that one sits on a porch and the chair was a white plastic patio chair. In order to access the closet, one had to move the "couch" either into the jacuzzi or on top of the bed. The small refrigerator would not hold a typical carryout dinner container. On the other side of the room (the foot of the bed), access to the masking tape-decorated porch door was limited due to a second interior plastic chair being placed and jammed between the bed and the door. I was willing to stay one night only and simply because we arrived so late. However, after 3-4 hours of sleep, I was so angered by feeling duped that we left first thing. I should mention we were the third party in line to complain. Apparently, this hotel is being sold in a month so hopefully the new owners will fix it up. It may be better just to bulldoze the area and start anew.
Avoid like the plague...

• Stayed July 2004
21 Thank Reddackel
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 15, 2004

I love this quaine, old style motel. Built around 1930, it has maintained the charm of the early motels. With only a dozen rooms, it's a quiet retreat at the base of Racoon Mountain, just to the west of Chattanooga and Lookout Mountain. The rooms are small, and have the original knotty pine wood paneling inside. Many of the rooms have jacuzzi's or hot tubs in addition to the walk-in showers. In the spring and fall you can leave the doors open, and a wonderful mountain breeze wafts through the screen doors- one of which leads out to a deck, the other to the carport where your car's trunk is just a few feet from the door. There's a pool outside in the summer, and the room rates are excellent. If you want to get away from the cookie-cutter, shoddy rooms of the city motels and hotels and just relax for a time, this is THE place to stay in the Chattanooga area. With two gazebos and beautiful flowers everywhere, the tanquility can't be beat! And it's within a few miles and an easy drive to the major scenic attractions of Chattanooga- and there are a lot of them! I've been to the Alpine Lodge three times in the last four years, and plan on staying there for another week this year and for many years to come.

8 Thank Jimcomics