“Great dining on Chattanooga's North Shore”
Review of Marco's Italian Bistro - CLOSED

Marco's Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tampa St.
Transit: The closest public Transit stop is a little over a block away on Frazier Ave. and Tremont St.
Description: When you walk in to Marco's Italian Bistro you'll feel as though you've stepped in to a scene from the Soprano's... A small piece of Little Italy or a restaurant on a street corner in Rome. Come join us for dinner, you'll find that we cook everything from scratch. In our kitchen you won't find a single can, jar, or box - just freshly prepared, handmade, authentic Italian cuisine unlike any other in town. Our Martini menu can get overwhelming... We do recommend trying every single one of our 60 martinis. We do not, however, recommend trying them all in one visit. We also stock a wide variety of wines from all over the world - guaranteed to make your meal an even more amazing experience.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Went with a large group, so we tried a variety. Appetizers (fried ravioli...calamari...bruschetta) were wonderful and the entrees (lasagna, chicken parmigiana) were delicious. Serving size was more than enough.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I looked forward to our first visit to Marco's. We didn't know what to expect, because we had not read the reviews. We were attracted by the published menu and by the elegance of the website presence. The welcome by the receptionist was very gracious, and we were greatly impressed by the "feel" of the restaurant. The art work on the walls speaks to the elegance that we had been expecting. Unfortunately, the actual experience was very disappointing. The service was very poor; we were virtually ignored, having to wait for a disappearing wait person to finally return. And the food received was not what we carefully specified. Several items had to be returned before they were ready to eat as ordered.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My fiancee has a gluten allergy and when the staff was notified, every possible accommodation was made to help her. They had no gluten free alfredo sauce, but as soon as she asked if they did we were told that they could make an alfredo sauce from scratch right then. The chef even came out to speak with us when he was informed of her intolerance. Not to mention the food was fantastic. I will be looking forward to going back whenever I go to Chattanooga again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

If I had written this review after our first experience at Marco's I would have given it a much better review. Our first meal was nothing but excellent! Food delicious and service just right.

At that visit I had the "Giardino Italiano" which was a very unique vegetarian dish and my husband created his own pasta dish with Italian sausage and meat sauce. We raved about them both. We each ordered a half Caprese salad. Again, tasted great and was much larger than we had anticipated. My husband had two glasses of red wine and I had one glass of white.

The total bill was $48.91 (with tax included but no tip included) and we felt that was very fair. We were determined to come back. And we did a week later. That is when things sent south.

My husband ordered the same entre but I decided to order a Lobster pizza. My husband was again pleased with his food but mine was terrible. I had not noticed that the pizza came with bacon and since I do not eat meat (with the exception of some occasional seafood) the pizza was not eatable. The crust was horrible. I attempted to pick the bacon off but there was just too much of it. I told the waiter that I could not eat it and he said "oh my, sorry". The waiter was no where to be seen during the rest of the dinner. He was suppose to bring bread and he brought it at the end of the meal!! My husband was already finished with his meal.

Our bill (one wine for me, two for my husband) came to about $55.00 (no salads this time)

Will we go back? Maybe but I would make sure I read the menu closer and had another waiter!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We would have given a 5 for Marco's but an Italian restaurant with no Cappuccino....unheard of.

Location for pre-theatre is excellent, good parking, and nice atmosphere.

Food was excellent, but service slightly slow.

Worth a try.