“The breakfast buffet is a bargain”
Review of Gardens Restaurant - CLOSED

Gardens Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Indianapolis, Indiana
“The breakfast buffet is a bargain”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was skeptical of the breakfast buffet, because it was only $12 at a major hotel. Making it even more economical was that kids eat for free, and the hotel offers a significant discount to guests. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the buffet was very well done, both in terms of food and service. For us, the only downsides were scrambled eggs that were rather dry and coffee that was much weaker than we prefer. The rest of the food was quite good--even the bacon, which is tricky to keep crisp and hot on a serving tray. Had this been a typical $20-25 buffet for such hotels, I would have rated it lower, since it lacks features such as made-to-order omelets. However, for the price paid, it was unbelievably good.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank NanjingBob

Gallant, Alabama
“I left my free Hampton breakfast for this?”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Maybe if I had ordered from the menu my opinion would be different, but the Hubs and I left our hotel to come meet the parentals for breakfast since they stayed at the choo choo. We ended up paying around $30 for breakfast and it had the same stuff the Hampton had put out with the addition of a few more meats.

I mean, all in all, it wasn't bad. The fruit selection was the best of the buffet. Milk and cereals available for the kids, eggs (powdery), biscuits (frozen), pancakes, link sausage, steak patties, and bacon were available with some powdered gravy. Best hot bar item was the frozen seasoned hash brown potatoes.

I guess I just feel that if a couple is going to pay almost $30 for a breakfast, (that I coulda eaten for free at my hotel) couldn't you at least attempt to make it "homemade"? I coulda gotten a better biscuit at Hardee's.

Service was mediocre at best. The lady was a bit snippy when my father and husband each ordered coffee and something else to drink so than when my mom and I ordered she ran through it about 3 times before she left the table and snapped at me that she would get my brothers drink when he sat down. Hello! I was just adding one more OJ to the mix. If you can't remember the orders, that's ok, but bring a pencil to the table instead of being rude. Nobody faults a waitress with a ticket book! And by the time we fixed our plates, she was already bringing the tickets to the table and passing them out. Even though the waitress says there is no rush, if you throw my ticket down right as I sit down, I feel that you want me gone quickly.

All in all, I prob wouldn't get caught in this tourist trap again. Heard they do fix a mean prime rib...that might be the only thing that gets me back.

Charlotte N.C.
“Food , prices and service ,,, Excellent”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

You have a choice of Buffet or Menu and either way you cant go wrong , Service and price are great , Very clean and you feel like you stepped back in time.

Visited February 2014
Loganville, Georgia
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at the Choo Choo and walked down to this restaurant next to the lobby. We chose not to do the breakfast buffet at $11.50 a person and ordered off the menu instead. We each had omelets and breakfast potatoes and they were fantastic! Great service and food came out quickly and piping hot.

Visited January 2014
Alabama
“Great Food and Service!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Family friendly, fast service, and good affordable food. Staff was accommodating and fast even though they were very busy. Plenty of food at the buffet, or could menu order. Enjoyable.

Visited December 2013