“Stay away..” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Somerset, Michigan
“Stay away..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Several of our group stayed at this hotel, we will not go back and hopefully knowone else will stay there. The staff were not helpful or friendly, my husband requested another pillow and was asked why he needed one and that he couldn't have it. The ceiling in the bathroom over the shower was bubbled and black with mold. Another couple had problems with their sink it was draining on the floor, went two days before it was fixed. I went to get 2 cups of coffee to take back to the room in the A.M. was told I could not do that, so I dumped the one cup in the sink and was yelled at, that I was wasting the coffee. I could only drink one cup so what was I suppose to do?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Harleyrider1213

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kingston, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I haved stayed at this hotel several times in the past because of the price and its' location. But I have always stayed on the 1st floor, but not tonight. The 2nd floor stunk so bad of cooked food and spices [if you have traveled enough you know what I mean] it almost made me sick. The hallways are not as maintained as the 1st nor are the rooms. But once inside the room it smelled just fine, but walking down that hallway-YUCK! And like some of the reviews of this place, the maintenance is not as good as the outside appearannce. If you are on a budget it is OK, but if you can stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 2nd floor!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank harleyrider2002
abvi42521, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Chattanooga North, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear harleyrider2002,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you encountered during your stay. We have recently painted each of our rooms, adding a new bedding package, and have our hallway carpets professionally cleaned several times per year. We hope that these updates will enhance the overall guest experience.

Regards,
Mike-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Chattanooga, TN
Detroit
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

I am a travel agent. I rely on reviews from trip advisor, hotmail, expedia ect to book trips for clients. Not only did this place embarrass me but it was also an uncomfortable stay for my client. My client was traveling from Michigan to Florida with her family. They needed a place to stay close to 75. They wanted a decent place but nothing fancy. Based on the review, i felt this was a good choice. However, they called me after arriving and said the room was dirty, the bathroom was moldy with stains on the shower curtain and the lights were not working in the room. I hope you take my review to heart and find someplace else to stay

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DarrahInc
Dear Darrahinc,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. Since it has been a while when you last stayed, can you please provide us with more information? I want to be sure that you have posted this review for the right location. We have several properties in the Chattanooga area. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss the matter further.

Kindest regards,
Mike-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Chattanooga, TN
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2008

We were passing through and needed a place for the night. We pulled off the highway, went to this hotel, got quoted $39.99 for a night and just took it. The entrance is decent so we assumed the room would be, too. The hotel has a little bit of that "sketchy" feeling....our room didnt have some working lights. The top blanket/comforter "felt" dirty as did the carpeted floor, but this might have been in our heads. Also, keep in mind that what leads that "sketchy" feeling might have been the fact that this place is for people who either want a really cheap hotel/motel in the area for whatever purposes, or for travelers/truckers passing through.

Recommendation is the following: If you drive to Exit 5, it seems like there might be nicer hotel/motels to stay out, but it will be double the price. It all depends what you want. We'd pay more to have it more comfortable/nicer, but thats just us.

• Stayed December 2008
2 Thank Wheedler123
LaGrange, Ga.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

I was looking for an inexpensive place for one night in Chattanooga. Being a single mom, I didn't want to spend alot of money on a hotel room. This was a pleasent surprise. Beds were fine, air conditioning worked great, plenty of hot water for shower - refrigerator and microwave in room. I signed up on the hotel website for their discount program for free and received a 15% discount. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't the Hilton, but then again for only $55 - it was a great deal.

• Liked — Nice staff, clean beds
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Middle Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2006

Nice hotel. I got a very good rate online. Check-in was fast and courteous. The room was pretty standard. Everything worked fine. Half the rooms face a busy city street, but there is a row of trees that really block alot of traffic noise.

The continental breakfast was just so-so, but it was free, too. I had no hassles whatsoever. The staff was very helpful with directions around town and with messages.

• Liked — The staff was great. I don't usually get service that nice in comparable hotels.
  • Disliked — Kindof far from downtown.
  • Tips/Secrets — My internet directions said to stay on Lee Hwy from downtown to get there. Take the interstate!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank deliciousirony80
Lafayette, LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2006

Travelling from Louisiana to Pennsylvania, Chattanooga is about the 1/2 way point. I had booked this hotel from their home website. We stayed once on our trip to PA and once again on the way back. What a mistake! The first room was dirty and the recliner was so badly broken you could not sit in it. The floors and bathroom were old and dirty. We asked for another chair and were brought a straight back chair that was so dirty we had to put towels on it to sit on it. The stay on the was back was even worse. Again the recliner was badly broken and when we asked for a replacement we were told that all the recliners in the hotel were broken and they had nothing to replace it with. The blanket on the bed was full of holes and hair! The floors were dirty as well. What a nightmare. We will never stay here again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank happygrl1967
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
Econo Lodge Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#37 of 96 in Chattanooga
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites LaFayette

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Chattanooga North? Share your experiences!