“too many problems”

Motel 6 Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #79 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Shady people walking around, TVs are terrible, suppose to be smoke free halls smells of smoke, holes in sheets, air conditioner cover fell off, ppl in other rooms screaming and kids running wild, overall terrible.

Room Tip: Nothing for kids, bad area, for the price is not worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 88kimmy88

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is seriously disgusting. The whole hotel stinks and is damp and musty. It looked like there was old blood on the elevator, which I heard other guests complaining about. The room was too hot even with the air conditioner running on full blast. The other reviews weren't lying about this being a prostitute hotel. I was kept awake by noisy prostitutes. The floor in my room was also wet and covered in urine. I walked on the floor and my socks turned yellow and smelled so horrible. The people at the front desk were nice and so was the housekeeper, but that was the only good thing. The neighborhood is also unsafe. I wouldn't recommend brining your family or pets here. Seriously, spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. I ended up checking out early. I literally couldn't stay there one more day.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Walnut8993
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Foreign owned, with very poor upkeep. Old TV, no clock, no Kleenex, and carpet was dirty. Located in a bad section of town ..... never should have stayed there. AC was not on when we got there, and the room was really, really, hot. TV remote did not work on old, outdated TV. Could not get anyone to the desk on checking in or out. Foreign family must live there.

Room Tip: Nothing good about this place.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William B
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear William B – The cleanliness, service and maintenance conditions you encountered during your recent stay are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We appreciate your sharing these issues with us and apologize for your negative experience. Please contact our guest relations department so we may have a record of your experience to serve our guests better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Do not let the outside looks of the buildng fool you, It may look nice but as you get in it shows its real colors.
My husband and I were traveling last week all the way from Arizona and were concious of our budget so we decided to give it a shot because of the price and it looked ok from outside, as soon as we got in the reception area I knew we had made a mistake, sofas were stained and clerck, thought friendly, was not the best clean looking guy!
Room was even worse, toilet seat was broken and wobbly, no shampoos and towels were stained too. I literally looked at under the covers with a flashlight to make sure there were no bugs there, still, I felt my skin crawl all night long and couldn't sleep well, the neighbors slamming of the doors and hollering down the hallways didnt help either. We were too tired of driving 10 hrs that we just made do with it.
If you are a truck driver looking to exchange your cot in the back of a truck for a hard bed or need to use the toilets, then its ok. If you are a vacationing or traveling with kids, stay away from this place, your kids may ask you why the lady ridding the elevator with you is dressed like that, showing so much skin and in those funny shoes (can any one say prostitution ring here?!!!).
sometimes, saving a few bucks is not even worth it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traveling_Latina_10
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here on a road trip with our dogs. The place was very basic and the neighborhood looked a bit seedy. The manager was very nice. The room was clean and the place was quiet. We had a good night sleep and don't regret the money we saved staying there.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leslierw
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I came to stay at Motel 6 after having a wreck on I-59 Southbound, and it was the one the wrecker driver suggested. The price was good, at 39.99 per night, plus tax, and the front desk service was excellent. The room was comfortable, but the bathroom had not been cleaned in a while. The floor was dusty dirty, and the sink, toilet and tub needed cleaning as well. I always carry Comet so I can take care of this problem, because it happens from time to time. The TV offerings were great, with all the cable channels plus HBO. There was free coffee in the morning, but no food of any kind. My room style was described as "Rack", whatever that is, but it might be that the Rack rooms are the cheapest...

Room Tip: If you want to stay here, and you're not offered the 39.99 per night offer, ask for the "Ra...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The reasons I chose to stay here was 1- cheap (more money to put into going out and doing things) 2- allowed pets (no pet fee/deposit). These two reasons, the distance of its location to local attractions, and friendly courteous staff are the only good aspects of this place. The surrounding area is rough. Homeless men walking around, beggars at the intersection, loud/rowdy people yelling from open windows. The building itself is located on a one way street so you have to drive in circles to get into the hotels parking area. I noticed that there is an entrance from the road parallel to the building, but remains locked at all hours. The rooms are decently sized. The beds are ok. The pillows are flat and the sheets were dingey. Weird mirrors behind beds instead of headboards. There was an odor but hardly noticed it after turning on ac. All furnishings are outdated and carpets look dirty/stained). The bathroom is the worst. Its dirty and smelly. I did like that we had ample hot water and great water pressure though. The towels were clean for most part. Only soap provided. No hair dryer. WiFi available but not great. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family