“Motel 6 on Williams Street”

Motel 6 Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #79 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I came to stay at Motel 6 after having a wreck on I-59 Southbound, and it was the one the wrecker driver suggested. The price was good, at 39.99 per night, plus tax, and the front desk service was excellent. The room was comfortable, but the bathroom had not been cleaned in a while. The floor was dusty dirty, and the sink, toilet and tub needed cleaning as well. I always carry Comet so I can take care of this problem, because it happens from time to time. The TV offerings were great, with all the cable channels plus HBO. There was free coffee in the morning, but no food of any kind. My room style was described as "Rack", whatever that is, but it might be that the Rack rooms are the cheapest...

Room Tip: If you want to stay here, and you're not offered the 39.99 per night offer, ask for the "Ra...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The reasons I chose to stay here was 1- cheap (more money to put into going out and doing things) 2- allowed pets (no pet fee/deposit). These two reasons, the distance of its location to local attractions, and friendly courteous staff are the only good aspects of this place. The surrounding area is rough. Homeless men walking around, beggars at the intersection, loud/rowdy people yelling from open windows. The building itself is located on a one way street so you have to drive in circles to get into the hotels parking area. I noticed that there is an entrance from the road parallel to the building, but remains locked at all hours. The rooms are decently sized. The beds are ok. The pillows are flat and the sheets were dingey. Weird mirrors behind beds instead of headboards. There was an odor but hardly noticed it after turning on ac. All furnishings are outdated and carpets look dirty/stained). The bathroom is the worst. Its dirty and smelly. I did like that we had ample hot water and great water pressure though. The towels were clean for most part. Only soap provided. No hair dryer. WiFi available but not great. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sjmdailey
Reviewed May 15, 2012

For what I paid it was what i expected. However if I had known they let complainers stay there with there stinking dogs I would not have stayed I think expecting to take a dog into a room someone else has to use the next day is ignorant

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank tonynothappy
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed here for one night....and that was too much. When we first arrived, I was immediately concerned about the neighborhood. It seemed very rough and gangster friendly. When we got to the front lobby (in daylight), the people at the front desk were nice enough, but I immediately noticed a bad smell. Then we got onto the elevator and the smell took over. It smelled of cigarettes, body odor, and I don't know what else, nor do I want to know.
When we arrived at our room, it was a little less stinky than the elevator, but even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room, it still reeked of cigarette smoke. The carpets were stained, the sheets had rips in them and stains on them. The pillows were flat as pancakes. There were strange, huge mirrors on the walls behind the beds instead of headboards--I thought that was weird and a little disturbing. Reminded me of something you'd see in a brothel, not a family hotel. I tried not to think of the things that must go on in that place on a regular basis.
Now on a positive note, the showers were clean and the water was very hot and had good pressure. The towels and washcloths appeared clean. There were samples of mini-bar soap, but no shampoo or any other extras.
We left to go somewhere, and returned around 9:30 pm....when we arrived at the lobby, there was a huge, boisterous group of people crowded inside the lobby and out in the street. They were friendly, but I still felt very on edge and concerned about the safety of my family. Once we got into our room, I bolted every lock and we didn't leave our room again until we left for good in the morning. There was a lot of partying out in the parking lot. Within 15 minutes of locking ourselves in our room, we heard a scream, looked out the peephole and saw a "hoochie mama" and the man she was with running down the hall chasing each other.
After about 12:30 am, it got pretty quiet. I was pleasantly surprised about that. I still couldn't sleep very well because in the first place, I was concerned for our family's safety....and secondly, the beds and pillows were uncomfortable and felt dirty. I didn't see any bed bugs or fleas, but I was still up and getting ready to go around 6:00 am--I have never been more ready to leave a place.
We paid $45 for one night's stay. It was a cost-effective price--so if that is your main concern, then by all means, go for it! But even then, I would recommend bringing your own pillows and clean sheets...if you are more concerned about location than the price, I would definitely look elsewhere and pay an extra $20 or $30. I will NOT stay here again--it was not worth the dirt cheap price to feel like I was sleeping in a house of ill repute.

Room Tip: Park where you can see your vehicle from your room's window.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank F D
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I recently had car trouble while driving through Chattanooga. My cab driver recommended Motel 6 for an inexpensive room without having to worry about getting killed or exposed to bed bugs. It was a good call. The desk staff was friendly, fast, and courteous. The elevator was in excellent condition and close to the room, which was spotless and in near-new condition. The bed was very comfortable and there was a good channel selection on TV. There was also a decent vending machine near the front desk for the things I hadn't brought with me. Best of all the price: $45.89 total, mid-week, no discounts. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We arrived shortly before sunset. I was the only adult traveling with one teen and three kids 10 and under. The area looked fine. The man working the desk was awesome. He was very friendly and seemed to be very helpful. The room itself was large for this chain and clean. After we got everyone up to the room, I sent my 16 yr old to the truck to grab a few things. It was just after sunset and he was approached by a large man asking for money.He was scared so he gave him the money and a cookie. After recieving the money and cookie the man asked him what else he had. Creepy! Overall, I would not stay again because of that experiance.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mkokies
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Not bad for a $48 price, if you have even moderate expectations, you will be underwhelmed. The single front desk clerk was polite and efficient and offered advice to the various attractions in town.
The room was what you would expect, two beds, a counter with a chair and two drawers, a small closet with hangers and a tv perch on top of the closet.
There were no amenities. No miniature shower set, no hair dryer and no ironing board. It appeared clean, though the bathroom floor and walls were stained and old but the shower was clean with plenty of hot water.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple