“Good food, great bar”

Urban Stack
Ranked #16 of 875 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Killer burgers. Manly drinks. Urban Stack takes pride in our community and region. We work with local farmers and vendors for the absolute best quality of meats and ingredients available. We have specifically chosen a wide variety of meats that are either all-natural, organic, grass fed, free-range or from sustainable and humane farms. We are committed to freshness, quality and homemade goods. We love our city and are proud to say we own and operate one of the most sustainable and environmentally friendly businesses in town. We grew up here and believe in supporting our community and being the best neighbor we can be.
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

One of the best spots in Chattanooga. Good burgers. Nice menu trick...you can substitute chicken breast for any of the custom burgers. Fantastic bar. Great selection of craft beers and bourbon. My kind of place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family arrived in Chattanooga on a Sunday evening. As we found out, everything seems to be closed on Sunday in the Downtown area (at least on the end that we were staying at). We ended up at Urban Stack per the good reviews on various sites AND the fact that it was just about a block away from our hotel. We walked into what I thought was going to be a small place but it was much bigger than it looked from the outside. It's appearance is clean and the atmosphere is very casual. Our server, Isaiah, was very friendly and helpful. We started with the wings appetizer, having half BBQ and half hot, with a side of their homemade (and yummy) ranch dressing. My favorite was the hot (but they were not very hot) and my husband preferred the BBQ. I am just not a big fan of bourbon bbq sauces. The wings were very meaty and a pretty good size. I ordered the bacon cheeseburger with fries and it was very tasty but I would suggest getting the chipotle ketchup on the side rather than on the burger. Aside from the bitter flavor that the chipotle ketchup gave the burger, it was very good. My husband had the steakhouse burger with sweet potato fries and was very pleased with it. The children enjoyed their meals, as well. One ordered the mini cheeseburger (she chose pimento cheese for it) sliders with mac & cheese and fries and she ate it all. I tasted her mac and it was pretty good, not that straight from the box stuff at all. The other had the kids marinated chicken breast with applesauce and mac. Although she only ate her sides and part of her bread, I ate small pieces of her chicken and it was really good. The buns tasted homemade, the dressing was homemade, and the fries were fresh cut. The only bad thing about the place is it's street parking.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

First time in Chattanooga and wish they had a location in Atlanta!! Loved the Highland Ale and Pimento Cheese burger and onion rings. Oh yeah, even bought some of the Chipotle Ketchup to take home. Awesome!! Don't miss out this!! Service was great also!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I asked our server for a sample of the gouda creamed corn just to taste it. I love smoked gouda but hate creamed corn. It was edible so I encourage you to try it. For my burger I tried the mushroom melt and it was outstanding. Lots of minced shrooms that had been marinated in a tasty marsala sauce. All 3 of us were very happy and would be happy to go back!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The menu is all burgers. I recommend the Big Mike. The food was higher priced than I would normally pay, but the food was really high quality and the service was OUTSTANDING.