“Great rest stop for I 75 travellers”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall
Ranked #24 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Toronto, ON
“Great rest stop for I 75 travellers”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

What a great stop for the road weary. The hotel is quite new the room we had was very large and comfortable. The beds were great. The evening manger was very friendly.

Best of all the hotel has quite a few nice restaurants and bars within a minutes walk. And, you don't have to cross any major streets.

The only downside is that our room lacked "black out" curtains. We were facing the back so this didn't bug us. But, if we had have been facing the road the street and other lights would have bothered us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Rene B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ontario
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is our 1st time staying at this CI and it won't be our last. The rooms are very nice & the location is very quiet as it is away from I-75, but not a long distance, just enough. If that isn't enough, all the rooms are 2 room suites. All you have to decide is do you want a 1 king or a 2 queen room. It is also close to Hamilton Place Mall, the largest mall in TN. The only complaint that I have is the breakfast. It has all the usuals + apples, oranges, fruit salad, yogurt, bacon, french toast, but it is severely lacking in the bread/bagel department. They only have plain white bread + plain white bagels. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Rene B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Onehappyretiree,
Thank youi for the great comments on our hotel. I read your comments concerning breakfast and We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope to meet and exceed your expectations here at Country Suites Hamilton Place.

Rene' Baker
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I were travelling back home after a Thanksgiving visit with family. The previous day we had stayed at a Country Suites and Inn in Pennsylvania (our first stay with this chain of hotels) and were so impressed, we sought out another one as we neared the end of our driving the next day. The hotel was very festively decorated and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than we expected. The serving area was clean and the food was delicious. There was a very good selection of food choices. Our room was very spacious and clean. We had a great night sleep. I will definitely be staying at a County Suite in future travel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rene B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Dom C,
I am so glad you received a wonderful surprise and a enjoyable stay!! Thank you for taking the time to write a great reveiw about our hotel. We do hope you will continue to come back when your travels send you back to Chattanooga!!
Please friend us on facebook to stay informed on upcoming specials.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I spent last weekend at this hotel and were very happy. (We travel pretty frequently, so we stay at hotels often). This was a very comfortable place to stay. It was clean, the staff was professional and friendly, the continental breakfast was above par including tasty coffee and the manager was particularly helpful when we had a question about the hot tub.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The kitchenette bar with a microwave, refrigerator and mini-sink were quite clean. It was well stocked with coffee and sealed/wrapped cups (which are the only kind I'll use in hotel rooms). The only minor criticism I would make was that the coffee maker was not clean where the water is added, therefore, I did not make coffee in the room. I only used the English breakfast tea (Bigelow - a name brand!) that was provided by heating water in the microwave. The concession area down the hall was easy to use with credit card enabled vending machines.

The pool photo on the website is a bit deceiving, I think. They do not have a hot tub in the pool area but rather there are jacuzzi's in some of the rooms. Our jacuzzi was very clean and everything worked very well. The room was stocked with enough towels for bathing and the jacuzzi which was a terrific show of attention to detail.

The hotel is located near dozens of great restaurants, so that was an added plus. It was a great weekend away, and we will definately stay at this Country Suites next time we visit Chattanooga.

Room Tip: Rooms with jacuzzi are on the ground floor and very spacious especially if you have a king bed. The...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rene B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Christine,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will address the coffee pot issue with our housekeeping team to ensure this is corrected immediately. we look forward to your next stay in Chattanooga.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This property address was not in my GPS, nor (was I smart enough to find it) in Mapquest. Directions from the front desk cost me a lot more time than necessary to locate. Once there, my first impression was the walls could use a good scrubbing and the carpeting a good shampoo. Not much different in the rooms. Nice enough staff, just not enough profit seems to be going back into the property. We'll likely see if the Homewood Suites has room on our next stay.

Room Tip: The west side of the property is away from the interstate, and a higher floor is a little quieter...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Rene B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Rene Baker.

Rene Baker
Eminence Missouri
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I just spent the weekend at this hotel. Myself, my husband, my sister and my brother in law. We were in Chattanooga to attend a cancer benefit. We occupied two rooms, 335 and 333. Just to make a long bitter story short, these rooms were filthy. Photos will easily prove my point. I understand the place is currently being sold as under renovation, and I can appreciate that, but straight up filthy, I can't. No, I did not bother to complain. My Sisters room was just as dirty as mine, so another room was not the answer. These were prepaid rooms with no refunds. I'm not extremely sure where all of these glowing comments are coming from, as I sure saw the ugly. Soiled furniture, dust mite, skin and fuzz covered fans, vents full of dirt and debris and spider webs! See Photos. Bed hard, very heavy comforter. Windows filthy. The ONLY reason this place pulled a two score with me.. front desk folks were wonderful.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rene B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Rene' Baker General Manager 423-899-2300
Ness Ziona, Israel
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really nice.it is not that new but still very nice lobby, huge rooms (we stayed at the double twin bedroom), two flat screen tv's and very comfortable beds. Breakfast was fine - ok to start the day with. The location is nice - this is not downtown Chattanooga , and it will take you about 20min. To get there, but still - this is very close to the Hamilton place mall, lots of restaurants all over and the most important for me - it's not on the highway so it is quiet there. Recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the beds and our two tv's in the rooms. We look forward to your next stay.