“Needs renovation”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga
Ranked #32 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel five times in the last four years on my way to Florida, and I was always happy with the accommodations in the past. In 2012 they were renovating the lobby and I was informed that they would also be renovating the rooms. Unfortunately, the renovation stopped with the lobby. The rooms were in ill-repair, the upholstered furniture was stained and our socks were black from walking on the carpet. Although the bathroom was "clean," it was in a poor state of repair and it was so dated that it appeared "dirty."
In the past the staff has been friendly, polite and helpful; however, on this stay the staff was none of those things - at best the desk staff was "short." We were so anxious to get out of there that we did not even think about staying for the free breakfast. I will not be staying at this Country Inn in the future - there are too many other choices in the area.

Room Tip: Before booking this hotel, ask when the rooms were last renovated.
1  Thank SAS707
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. We would also like to apologize that you were unsatisfied with the staff during your stay. We appreciate your comments as they help us to improve. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have to say our trip to Chattanooga was great we called ahead of time talked with Keona she was very helpful in getting us to the hotel. Our room was perfect very clean and very comfortable beds all of the staff was very polite and helpful. We loved that it had an outdoor pool and an indoor pool that were very clean. The breakfast was good well stocked very good and fresh. The children loved the cookies that stayed stocked in the lobby with the coffee. They had a sign up saying they were in the process of refurbishing the hotel. I do hope they paint in the indoor pool area it did have peeling paint but the water was warm,clean and the area was stocked good with towels for the guest. My only suggestion would be for them to put in the room the address and phone number of the hotel it was nowhere in the room. We attempted to order a Papa Johns pizza after seeing one the front desk had ordered and they would not deliver without a phone number we gave the address but no deal they had to have the phone number so we advised them nevermind due to we couldn't find it on nothing in the room. Our room was a suite with 2 queen size beds and a sleeper sofa and our teenager said it was the most comfortable sleeper sofa he has slept on. I have stayed at other hotels in the area before and had the option to purchase tickets to attractions in the area at the front desk this is something they need to check into.My husband was very pleased with the ac units in our suite it worked very well to keep our room very cool and comfortable. I am very pleased with our stay and will stay again in the future and plan to do so to see if any of our suggestions have made a difference. Oh we did love in the morning having coffee on the front porch but did notice their was cig buts on the porch since there was no ash tray they may want to make it more known where the smoking area is or put in some ashtrays.

1  Thank tn f
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our first time to Chattanooga and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! The views are breath taking and the people are even more wonderful. We arrived around 7p.m. after a very long drive and called as we had gotten lost and the very sweet desk attendant, Dotty, was very helpful and guided us to our hotel. We checked in and went to dinner. When we came back we discovered the toilet wasn't working in the room and Dotty quickly moved us to a better room in my opinion. We left the next morning and after being gone all day came back and discovered the beds hadn't been changed but this was quickly resolved. The breakfast was delicious both days consisting of fresh made waffles, fresh oatmeal, kelloggs cereals, fresh tasty juices, bagels, link sausages, bacon, eggs , French toast and home fries. It also had yogurt, granola, fresh and dried fruit and delicious coffee. The bar was clean and the attendant kept it full. They also have coffee and fresh baked cookies in the lobby all day. The rooms are also wonderful having a separate sitting area with its own television, a huge plus when traveling with small children who only want to watch cartoons. It also had a sink area and a microwave and fridge, which is something we always look for when traveling. But the real star of this trip is Chris Burgess who is the guest service manager. He corrected the issues we had, was very friendly and genuinely seems to care about his guests comfort and happiness. We will most definitely be making this a return destination in the fall.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Indiana. The suite was OK although it is an older hotel that needs updating. The service was horrible and the breakfast was also horrible. Most of the time there was no one attending the breakfast area and when I told them they were out of various items they just smile and did not pay attention. I talked to the front desk about this and they told me they were sorry but the lady taking care of the breakfast area had others responsibilities and would get to the breakfast area as soon as she could. The personal need to be trained in customer relations. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you have no option. I have stayed at several Country Inns before and had planned to stay at others during my month vacation but this hotel changed my mind and I will be staying at other hotel chains instead.

1  Thank Daniel V
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Daniel V,

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We sincerely apologize that the breakfast items ran out and we were unable to restore them in a more timely manner. We appreciate your feedback on this manner so we can ensure these types of situations do not continue to happen.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Illinois from Florida. It is located at the end of a side street with other hotels. A sign at the front entrance warned guests to take all their belongings from their vehicles as the hotel was not responsible for any loss ( a little disconserting to say the least). The Hotel is older and in need of some serious refurbishing. The Front Desk person was friendly and helpful. She had our reservation and our room was as requested. The room was cleaned but not really clean, the bathroom has seen better days. There were 2 flat panel TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the sitting area which also had a microwave and small refridgerator. Our King suite was non-smoking and had a convertible couch/bed that could have slept two additional persons.

We did not use the Free breakfast option but the breakfast room seemed crowded.

The location is 5 minutes from Hamilton Place Mall, which has many restaurants from which to choose. Also rush hour traffic on I24 was stop and go, really congested for early in the morning. All in all, our stay was average but there seemed to be better choices for the price that we passed on the road to this hotel.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while in Chattanooga to help pack my brother up from school and move him home. When we arrived at the hotel the staff member at the desk told me that our room had been labeled wrong and given away- cramping 4 of us in one room- not the suite we had reserved 2 months prior. That employee said he knew who messed it up and that was a typical thing that happened when "she" worked.The next day I went to check to see if our room would be available and another staff memeber was at the desk-Jeff. He told me it was my fault the reservation was messed up because we booked through Expedia and if I had a complaint I needed to talk to them- it was my fault! THEN to top it all of Room Service never cleaned our room the whole time we were there. The lobby was also dirty- like it had not been swept or dusted in days. No apologies from staff memebers for these inconveniences only blamed because apparently it was my fault. I have worked in many areas dealing with customer service and management for almost 10 years and I think the manager needs to do a review of staff!

2  Thank ehogge12
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights while we went to visit Chattanooga. The location was easy to get to, lots of restaurants close by, and not too much traffic. The staff were super friendly - everyone greeted us with a smile and always asked if we needed anything. The room was very clean and spacious. We were very impressed with the large selection at breakfast. They had pretty much anything you could want. My only "complaint" would be that the breakfast room was so packed on Saturday morning that there was nowhere to sit and the poor attendant couldn't keep everything filled up. It wasn't her fault though, she was trying! It was just the normal busy time for a Saturday and we were able to take our food in the lobby so it wasn't a big deal. I would just recommend getting up early or waiting to later to go down for food. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone wanting an affordable, clean hotel with a good free breakfast. If you are looking for something within walking distance to downtown this isn't for you, but if you don't mind a 10 minute drive it's perfect!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple