Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall
Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Indiana. The suite was OK although it is an older hotel that needs updating. The service was horrible and the breakfast was also horrible. Most of the time there was no one attending the breakfast area and when I told them they were out of various items they just smile and did not pay attention. I talked to the front desk about this and they told me they were sorry but the lady taking care of the breakfast area had others responsibilities and would get to the breakfast area as soon as she could. The personal need to be trained in customer relations. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you have no option. I have stayed at several Country Inns before and had planned to stay at others during my month vacation but this hotel changed my mind and I will be staying at other hotel chains instead.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel V
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Daniel V,

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We sincerely apologize that the breakfast items ran out and we were unable to restore them in a more timely manner. We appreciate your feedback on this manner so we can ensure these types of situations do not continue to happen.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Illinois from Florida. It is located at the end of a side street with other hotels. A sign at the front entrance warned guests to take all their belongings from their vehicles as the hotel was not responsible for any loss ( a little disconserting to say the least). The Hotel is older and in need of some serious refurbishing. The Front Desk person was friendly and helpful. She had our reservation and our room was as requested. The room was cleaned but not really clean, the bathroom has seen better days. There were 2 flat panel TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the sitting area which also had a microwave and small refridgerator. Our King suite was non-smoking and had a convertible couch/bed that could have slept two additional persons.

We did not use the Free breakfast option but the breakfast room seemed crowded.

The location is 5 minutes from Hamilton Place Mall, which has many restaurants from which to choose. Also rush hour traffic on I24 was stop and go, really congested for early in the morning. All in all, our stay was average but there seemed to be better choices for the price that we passed on the road to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while in Chattanooga to help pack my brother up from school and move him home. When we arrived at the hotel the staff member at the desk told me that our room had been labeled wrong and given away- cramping 4 of us in one room- not the suite we had reserved 2 months prior. That employee said he knew who messed it up and that was a typical thing that happened when "she" worked.The next day I went to check to see if our room would be available and another staff memeber was at the desk-Jeff. He told me it was my fault the reservation was messed up because we booked through Expedia and if I had a complaint I needed to talk to them- it was my fault! THEN to top it all of Room Service never cleaned our room the whole time we were there. The lobby was also dirty- like it had not been swept or dusted in days. No apologies from staff memebers for these inconveniences only blamed because apparently it was my fault. I have worked in many areas dealing with customer service and management for almost 10 years and I think the manager needs to do a review of staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ehogge12
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights while we went to visit Chattanooga. The location was easy to get to, lots of restaurants close by, and not too much traffic. The staff were super friendly - everyone greeted us with a smile and always asked if we needed anything. The room was very clean and spacious. We were very impressed with the large selection at breakfast. They had pretty much anything you could want. My only "complaint" would be that the breakfast room was so packed on Saturday morning that there was nowhere to sit and the poor attendant couldn't keep everything filled up. It wasn't her fault though, she was trying! It was just the normal busy time for a Saturday and we were able to take our food in the lobby so it wasn't a big deal. I would just recommend getting up early or waiting to later to go down for food. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone wanting an affordable, clean hotel with a good free breakfast. If you are looking for something within walking distance to downtown this isn't for you, but if you don't mind a 10 minute drive it's perfect!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited this hotel as part of a high school group. When we arrived, Chris had everything prepared. He made the kitchen area available for card games. When we came back from the baseball game, the evening manager had warm cookies out.

The rooms had plenty of space for four girls (and their requisite stuff) plus me. Both the rooms and the common areas were clean. Breakfast was typical of normal hotel breakfasts but the woman managing it kept everything refilled until the end. All in all, Country Suites was a great home base.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I really don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. The room was spacious with a separate sleeping area and suite/office/tv space. Very roomy. Very clean. Very modern. I have no complaints about the room at all. The towels were thick and there were plenty of them. Shower worked well. There were two tvs, one in the bedroom area, one in the suite. There was a refridgerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The breakfast area was nice, well kept and well stocked. There was plenty of variety for breakfast. I like having waffles when I'm away from home. There was a variety of juices as well. The freshly baked cookies are always nice. They have these throughout the day. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We got this hotel as an expedia special rate - don't know the name until you book- hotel for a one night stay before a doctor's appointment that was out of town. We didn't get to the hotel until after 8pm. Check in was a breeze and the front desk clerk was so sweet. She was new, so she had a little trouble giving directions to our room, but she was very helpful with restaurant suggestions and with explaining the hotel's amenities. She also called our room about 5 minutes after we checked in to make sure the room met with our expectations which is a VERY nice customer service behavior. Our room was GREAT. We got a king suite that had a full front sitting room with its own tv, a desk, a kitchenette, and a large bathroom. The bedroom also had a door so it could be shut off from the rest of the hotel room- a nice feature if you are traveling with kids (which we weren't). Also the bedroom had its own tv so my hubby was able to watch a program in the living room and I was able to watch something different in the bedroom- unheard of in most hotels. Lots of people were enjoying the indoor pool- the pool closes at 11pm for kids and midnight for adults. I think it is a very nice feature that the adults have an hour of kid free pool time. We didn't have time to enjoy any of the hotel's amenities, but there seemed to be several- including a local area shuttle and free breakfast and free wi-fi. The bed was very comfortable and the whole hotel seemed very clean, including the hallways. The only issue I could see was parking. The hotel was very full and parking was a little bit of a challenge. The other big bonus is that this hotel is walking distance to several restaurants on a well-lit street with sidewalks. It felt like a very safe residential neighborhood. I highly recommend that anyone stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near one of the several entrances and exits that are only accessible with a room key...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple