Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited this hotel as part of a high school group. When we arrived, Chris had everything prepared. He made the kitchen area available for card games. When we came back from the baseball game, the evening manager had warm cookies out.

The rooms had plenty of space for four girls (and their requisite stuff) plus me. Both the rooms and the common areas were clean. Breakfast was typical of normal hotel breakfasts but the woman managing it kept everything refilled until the end. All in all, Country Suites was a great home base.

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I really don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. The room was spacious with a separate sleeping area and suite/office/tv space. Very roomy. Very clean. Very modern. I have no complaints about the room at all. The towels were thick and there were plenty of them. Shower worked well. There were two tvs, one in the bedroom area, one in the suite. There was a refridgerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The breakfast area was nice, well kept and well stocked. There was plenty of variety for breakfast. I like having waffles when I'm away from home. There was a variety of juices as well. The freshly baked cookies are always nice. They have these throughout the day. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We got this hotel as an expedia special rate - don't know the name until you book- hotel for a one night stay before a doctor's appointment that was out of town. We didn't get to the hotel until after 8pm. Check in was a breeze and the front desk clerk was so sweet. She was new, so she had a little trouble giving directions to our room, but she was very helpful with restaurant suggestions and with explaining the hotel's amenities. She also called our room about 5 minutes after we checked in to make sure the room met with our expectations which is a VERY nice customer service behavior. Our room was GREAT. We got a king suite that had a full front sitting room with its own tv, a desk, a kitchenette, and a large bathroom. The bedroom also had a door so it could be shut off from the rest of the hotel room- a nice feature if you are traveling with kids (which we weren't). Also the bedroom had its own tv so my hubby was able to watch a program in the living room and I was able to watch something different in the bedroom- unheard of in most hotels. Lots of people were enjoying the indoor pool- the pool closes at 11pm for kids and midnight for adults. I think it is a very nice feature that the adults have an hour of kid free pool time. We didn't have time to enjoy any of the hotel's amenities, but there seemed to be several- including a local area shuttle and free breakfast and free wi-fi. The bed was very comfortable and the whole hotel seemed very clean, including the hallways. The only issue I could see was parking. The hotel was very full and parking was a little bit of a challenge. The other big bonus is that this hotel is walking distance to several restaurants on a well-lit street with sidewalks. It felt like a very safe residential neighborhood. I highly recommend that anyone stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near one of the several entrances and exits that are only accessible with a room key...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent a Friday and Saturday night here and enjoyed the stay. It is located in a nice area and across the interstate from the largest mall in Tennessee. Plenty of dining choices around, including an O'Charleys, Shoneys, Applebees, Cracker Barrel, and Fizolis within walking distance of the hotel.

We got room 127 which is on the west side of the property facing the daycare area of a large church. The room was very large and had the 2 person jacuzzi tub in the bedroom area. The TV could be swiveled for easy viewing. Plenty of towels and pillows available. The hotel itself looked very nice and the staff was cheerful and helpful. A complimentary warm breakfast is served every morning. As an early bird, I enjoyed the free WiFi. The landscaping was nice and the property was in good repair. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stopped here for a night while traveling and had a pleasant experience. The hotel is located just off mile marker 5 on I-24. It sits behind a couple of other hotels, much easier to find in the daytime and is evidently across the interstate from the largest shopping mall in Tennessee (we didn't go).
The hotel was clean, beds comfortable. We had a family suite, so the extra space is always nice. Sara (her middle name) was very helpful on more than one occasion during our short stay - thank you.
My son got to breakfast toward the end of serving time, didn't find much, but I found a decent selection earlier.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank trigirl66
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family of 5 stayed one night here. We checked in early as we were tired from driving all night the night before. Pamella Clark checked us in and got us all set with the crib for our youngest. This hotel was the best I've ever stayed at and was very affordable!! The pool was great and the complimentary breakfast was wonderful!! Thank you all for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Tori C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you, lknueppel, for the great review and the compliments! We certainly enjoyed having you with us! I have passed your compliments on to Pamella, and she is glad you enjoyed your visit with us. I certainly did enjoy reading your review and knowing that we made such a good impression on you while you were here. Please do come see us again, soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Country Inn and Suites. Although the rooms are a bit dated, they were clean and spacious. Our only room concern was that the a/c seemed to only come out in the bedroom, so for the person sleeping on the fold out couch, the air didn't get through so great. (bedroom freezing, sitting room stuffy). The lobby was beautiful and feels like a elegant lodge, with yummy cookies, tea and coffee all day. The breakfast bar was well stocked with the usual breakfast bar choices. The thing that makes this hotel stand out from others is the staff! Pomela and the other reception staff were very friendly. Even the maintenance person was extremely friendly, offering to show us the two different room types to help make our decision. And when I commented on how I like the buttermints at the desk, he gave me a big handful:-) Little things like that make a difference:-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FamilyCampers

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I love reading these reviews and knowing that we have really made an impact on our guests. All of us here work so hard and have such a great time serving our guests, and it really makes it worthwhile to read these comments. I have passed your compliment on to Robert (our maintenance person) and to Pamella, and they both say to thank you as well, and we all encourage you to come see us again soon!