“Don't miss this place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga
Ranked #41 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My stay here was perfect. I had reserved this place for myself thru Hotwire. However, I met a person to share the room for two nights. I was upgaded to a large suite. This was perfect for two people. The rooms were clean, quiet, great beds, complimentary computer service, great breakast and fresh cookie and newspaper in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Tori C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and your trip to Chattanooga! It is always nice to see that people enjoy our hotel; we certainly enjoy what we do! Thank you again, and we hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

All staff were extremely friendly, cheerful, and helpful - especially the manager, Tori. We were greeted with "open arms" and even though it was our first trip to the area, we felt like we had been there before and were welcomed by old friends! What a beautiful fireplace area in the lobby! Our room was beautifully decorated, clean, warm, and comfortable. We slept well! The morning breakfast room was sparkling clean, well-organized, and the food variety was plentiful and delicious! ALL ASPECTS of our visit were 10+. We will stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tori C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay here! I am so glad that we had the chance to share our Southern Hospitality with you and I am so glad you enjoyed it! Everyone here loves what they do and I am so glad it shows. I hope you do come visit us again the next time you are in the area. Safe Travels!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This property is well staffed, maintained, and presented. The N/S Executive Suite was roomy and clean. The provided breakfast was hot and staffed with a most polite and professional server. A good value for the traveller.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tori C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your room and the breakfast! I will pass along your compliments to the breakfast staff, so glad when people recognize the members of my staff. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spent this weekend at this establishment. I've stayed at several other Country Inn and Suites and have found them to be a good choice and so look (or at least used to) for them specifically. The room at this location was nice and big. However, they are cutting corners on their breakfast. On a Saturday morning, with an hour until breakfast was over, I decided to wash the food down with some orange juice. Nothing came out of the machine. I talked to the lady there. She looked into it and said the machine was empty. I saw her talk to one of the other employees. I stupidly presumed she was telling him to refill it since there was an hour remaining. About 10 minutes later, I try to get my orange juice and it's still empty. I tell the lady it's still not working and she rudely states, "I told you we were out." Now, I'm assuming they don't order their orange juice on a daily basis and could truly run out. If that was indeed the case, then they are simply incompetent. However, if the person in charge is telling them, "You will not put out more than X amount of orange juice each morning regardless of the number of guests", then they are being cheap. I would expect that at a Motel 6, but not Country Inn and Suites. Don't think this was an isolated incident. The very next morning I came down TWO hours early just in case. They had orange juice (either a new shipment arrived on Saturday afternoon - unlikely - or the manager's daily ration hadn't run out) but they had no waffle batter! I asked them if there was more batter they could mix up and they said they were out! Are they actually rationing waffle batter too? Needless to say, I have not stayed in a Country Inn and Suites since that time. If they are trying to save a buck at my expense (because literally, what was missing couldn't have cost them more than $1 per guest), then my money is best spent elsewhere. Whatever other good this hotel had I do not remember because their cheapness on breakfast ruined the whole experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bostonian_Tom

I am so sorry for the problems you experienced with our breakfast! I am disappointed in our performance and will be using your comments to illustrate to everyone how important it is that we are consistent in our performance and dilligent in our ordering process. Most especially I will be more present during breakfast hours so that I can assist where needed to avoid repetitions of this situation. I am grateful that you took the time to write a review, and I hope that you will give us another chance so we can prove that this was an exception rather than the rule.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was/am Still being Overcharged a total amount of $1,022.57. On Dec 12th I noticed the huge money gap, which lead me to view on my online banking statement. It had numerous false and random purchases charged/held by, Country Inns & Suites, located in Chatt. TN. I called my Mastercard to see if they could help me fix this since the hotel wasn't really listening to nothing at first. Christmas was gettin soon and we needed to get this fixed as soon as possible as holidays were coming up, and money was gettin tight.
I logged on to my online banking account to print off All the transactions made within the month of December. I printed copies for the hotel, managers, front desk employees as well as myself also requested by my cardholder and metabank. I made it very easy every time. I circled every single amount, date, and time i was charged by Country Inns & Suites during my entire stay. After the manager and employees revised their receipts and the information I provided, proving all the charges that were incorrect totaled over one thousand dollars, The hotel then sent out their First Fax The morning of December 12th. This fax did not get approved and didnt contain all the information requested by the Card Carrier. I informed the employees that day and a second fax was sent out. I kept in touch with my cardholder at least every other day checking statuses if everything was correct ect. The Third fax didn't accept because i was told it was messy and and they need the manager to type it all and send along all the same exact info they had sent in the most recent Fax (The third), As told from the start when my card carrier explained exactly what need to be faxed. when the gave every detail to include in this "Formal Letter"
This below, is a picture of the FOURTH Fax sent (made out by) this particular hotel, Country Inns & Suites, just this morning Dec 28th. I Was assured by Meta bank that as long as the hotel provided all the correct information (the correct merchant ID #) They would release the One Thousand and Twenty two dollars directly after Meta bank revises an receives the fax which takes two hours at most they had informed me. It seems every fax the hotel has sent its either missing something or incorrect. The fourth fax was fine accept because the merchant ID number is wrong this time. Now Your Hotel manager is on vacation and wont release it to anyone including the manager who's name is listed on this "formal letter'.? Whats it take to get someone to print or type everything in One single Fax with all the information requested So I can finally get My Money Back that should of never been took out.?????

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NatenShell
Tori C, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

I am so sorry that you are still having issues with this, and I promise you we are working diligently to get it resolved. I know how very frustrating this is. We are working on the solution right now and will continue to keep you in the know offline. Please, accept my apologies and know that I am working to resolve this for you.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel is at a busy exit off I-75 and there are many restaurants nearby, some of which are within walking distance.

We not only spent a night here, but we also rented a meeting room to host a rehearsal dinner for our son and daughter-in-law’s wedding.

We made our arrangements several weeks in advance and, both by phone and in person, we told two different staff members (one of whom was the manager) that we would be arriving around 12 noon in order to decorate the meeting room for the rehearsal dinner we were hosting at 6:00 that evening. However, when we arrived to decorate the meeting room, we found that it had been rented out to another group, even though we had been told that for the price we were paying, we would have access to the room all day and evening. We were not able to get in to decorate until about 1:30, which hindered some of our other wedding-related plans for the afternoon. When we went to pay for the meeting room the next day, we were pleased to find that the manager had considerably reduced the rental price, which we do appreciate. Looking back now, I realize that we had never received anything in writing to confirm the time we were told we could have the room. If you decide to rent a meeting room here, be sure to get all of the details in writing.

When we first went to check into our suite, neither of our keys worked. After getting the keys fixed, we entered the suite, only to discover that the bed had not been made. Fortunately, the hotel staff was able to find us another available suite very quickly.

This was my first stay at Country Suites, and with these problems occurring within the first few minutes of our arrival, I was not given a very good first impression. However, the manager and other hotel staff members were very helpful, polite, pleasant, and professional at all times.

Our suite itself was roomy, consisting of a bedroom and sitting area separated by a glass-paneled door with a gauzy curtain.

The bedroom had a TV, a comfortable bed with four square pillows, two nice chairs, and a room-darkening drape at the window. All night long, we heard no noise outside or inside the hotel. The bedroom would have been more comfortable if we could have regulated the heat and air-conditioning unit better. No matter how we adjusted it, the room was either too hot or too cold at any given moment. Also, the bedroom lacks a mirror and a wastebasket, both of which would have been handy.

The sitting room had a TV, a table and chair, and a couch which folds out into a bed. The family member who slept on that bed said that it was pretty comfortable. The sitting room has its own thermostat, which seems to do a good job of keeping the temperature regulated in that part of the suite.

The bathroom was large, but there was no counter space, other than the few inches surrounding the sink. The shower worked well, with hot water readily available. The towels were of a good size, and everything in the bathroom looked clean.

The suite itself was fairly clean, except for some stains on the lower wall near the small kitchen area. The kitchen area offered a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, sink, and countertop. The refrigerator was a good size; it held some gallon jugs we needed to keep cold.

The hotel breakfast was all right. Hotel staff members were constantly on hand to see whether anyone needed anything. The choices included cooked oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins, and brown sugar, a waffle maker, rubbery-looking eggs, warm cheese sauce, cold cereals, juices, coffee, yogurt, and assorted pastries. Both ceramic and disposable plates were available. The dining area was packed so full of tables and chairs that there was hardly any space to maneuver between them. Many of the guests came to breakfast in their pajamas, which lent a different atmosphere to the meal than I was expecting. If you do not care for the hotel breakfast, there is a Cracker Barrel just down the street.

I would consider staying here again, but given the vast selection of hotels in the Chattanooga area, I would definitely look at other options, as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Tori C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am so sorry for the issues you experienced but glad that we got them all straightened out. I know that travel is a stressful experience, and having those initial plans go wrong really makes the rest of the trip tough, so I am glad that it all worked out. I hope that the next time you are in the area you give us another chance so that we can prove we have made improvements.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed at the hotel so that we could see Ruby Falls the next day. It is a clean hotel with a helpful staff (especially Parmella) since we arrived late and called to make sure the room was saved. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. Breakfast was limited (sausage, potatoes and waffles that you could make )-we missed eggs but is was adequate. A nice place to stay for Ruby Falls.

Room Tip: Always ask for a top floor if you want a quiet experience!