“Clean hotel and good to stay in for Ruby Falls”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga
Ranked #41 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed at the hotel so that we could see Ruby Falls the next day. It is a clean hotel with a helpful staff (especially Parmella) since we arrived late and called to make sure the room was saved. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. Breakfast was limited (sausage, potatoes and waffles that you could make )-we missed eggs but is was adequate. A nice place to stay for Ruby Falls.

Room Tip: Always ask for a top floor if you want a quiet experience!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tori C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and I hope you enjoyed Ruby Falls! It is always nice when we get to host people on vacation, and I am glad you found that we met your needs. I hope that next time you are in the area you come and stay with us again, maybe for Rock City or the Aquarium this time!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I frequently stay at the Country Inn & Suites so when I was looking for a hotel to stay at near the Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga, this was my first choice -- even though I had never stayed at this one before.

Upon arriving during the evening, the front desk clerk was very delightful, quite helpful, and very friendly. She even called my room later to see if everything was okay with it. Unfortunately, the phone had some sort of short in it, and I didn't even get a dial tone on it (much less see her message). Later the next day I accidentally bumped it, and the light came on, and I listened to her nice message.

The room was nicely decorated, clean, and had a small refrigerator and microwave. I didn't use either one, but I was glad they were available. The room was spacious, and the bed was quite comfortable. It was also fairly quiet in spite of a group of teenagers running down the hallway yelling and carrying on. It was after 10 pm, and I was glad for the good soundproofing so I could sleep well.

The room was very cold when I arrived, and it took the heating system all night to warm it up. It had an unusual set up where a built-in fan was supposed to pull the heat from the bedroom to the adjoining room. It was not very effective at doing this.

The breakfast was very good, and they offered a little more than what I have seen at some of their other hotels. The room was a little crowded, and I noticed that a large family of one of the employees was eating breakfast there. I don't know if this is common practice or not.

The hotel had a very nice (and warm) indoor pool. It did not have a hot tub like some of the other Country Inns & Suites I have stayed at. I also worked out in the small fitness center. Unfortunately, the television did not work very well in that room.

Would I stay there again? Probably. The positives certainly outweighed the few negatives. And more importantly the location was convenient to where I needed to be.

From some of the other positive reviews, I guess I expected a little more, but it certainly was sufficient for the couple of nights that I stayed there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the detailed review. I am glad that you found the positives outweighed the negatives, but I do apologize for those negatives. We are aware that at times the suites get unbalanced in the temperature and have instituted some changes to make them more comfortable. I hope that the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed at the country suites in Chattanooga on our way to see the fall colors in North Carolina. Called the hotel late on our way through Chattanooga and asked if there were any rooms left. Luckily, there were a few rooms and the night manager offered us a discount since we would be arriving late and leaving early. The rooms was very nice with a separate living room area and a small bar with a fridge and microwave. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. The next morning we enjoyed a great breakfast that was included Inte price of the room. Everyone in management was very helpful, polite and kind. The kitchen staff kept the breakfast area clean and filled with all the breakfast foods available at the bar. I recommend this fine hotel. It is conviently located close to the interstate and I have already recommended family & friends stay next time they are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tori C, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us, and I am so glad that you enjoyed the trip to see the colors! We love hosting people whether on vacation or on business but it is always extra special when the trip is for fun. I appreciate the time you took to review the hotel and I appreciate your referrals. Hope to see you next Fall!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We selected this hotel based upon past reviews by other travelers. We have consequently been delighted with the level of customer service and standard of this hotel. We have been made to feel very welcome and Tori the General Manager has gone above and beyond expectations to meet our special needs. Other staff have been equally helpful. The small matter of a broken light bulb was immediately seen to for example. We found the bed very comfortable and the sitting room very convenient as we were waiting to see if we would be able to fly home to Australia via NYC after the hurricane. The business centre was private and useful for us to make changes to our travel plans. The indoor pool was a great bonus. The hotel is a little way out of Chattanooga but quite close to the large Hamilton Place Mall and the airport, making it a very convenient location for our 5.30 am flight now fortunately to LA. All in all a great place to stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor right down the hall from the lobby and the public sitting area. The se...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am glad you made it safely home! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you stay with us!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here one night for a Special Olympics State Bowling Tournament. The staff was very nice and the room was nice. Had plenty of space with a tv in the bedroom and a tv in the sitting are. Room was clean and linens and pillows were nice. But the beds were like laying on a block on concrete! The only comfortable place I found to sit in the room was the desk chair, all the rest were as hard as the beds. The breakfast was the same bill of fare, gravy and biscuits, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, about all it did was fill you up, nothing outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Wow, I am so sorry about the bed in that room! I appreciate the time you took to share your comments, and I am glad that the rest of the accommodations and staff were to your liking, but truly I am sorry about the mattress. I will most certainly address it and get a replacement. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review, and I hope you come give us a second chance!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed two nights for a softball tournament. The front desk staff 'Pamella Clark' was very helpful and accomodating. She went out of her way to take care of our teams needs. Anything we needed, she was happy to comply. I being in the service industry would love to have a staff member like Pamella on my team. We will return to this Country Inn because of her service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Isn't Pamella great? Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with everyone, I was able to give her a bonus because of her impression on you! It means a lot to all of us when our hard work and dedication are rewarded, and I really appreciate the time you took to write a review and share your thoughts.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed for a week at this Country Inn, Hamilton Place Mall, it is on the whole basically very much like all the others, The suites are quite good size, kept clean and tidy with adequate furniture and a good comfortable king size bed.
The maid service was very good, well cleaned every day with clean linen and fresh towels.
No different and everything you would expect from this class and category of hotel.

However what has forced me to review this particular Country Inn was the tremendous staff. We could not believe how helpful, friendly and obliging they were. Nothing and I do mean nothing was to much trouble.
For example we requested the use of the BBQ near the pool area one of the evenings, "sure no problem was the reply, if the gas runs out we will run out and get you a new bottle if needs be".
You most certainly do not get that in many places.
Keep up the good work, it was you guys that make this Country Inn and also enhanced our stay in Chattanooga.
Dorsetdon.
UK

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and I am so glad that we were able to provide you with excellent service. We all take great pride in serving guests in any way we can, and I have enjoyed sharing your comments as reinforcement with my team on how important this is. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience!