“Nice place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga
Ranked #40 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stopped here for a night on our way back to OH from FL (it's a long drive with an 18 mo old!). It was very nice and clean. Room was larger than expected and I liked how the living room area and bedroom were separate. Good free breakfast in the morning. Indoor pool was nice and warm. Front desk staff was very friendly. Great location, everything you could need is close by. Only thing negative I can say is the carpet could've used a shampoo.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Tori C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Oh I am so sorry, NovTraveler01! I hate that we dropped the ball with your card, and I know that travelling can be hard when there is this kind of mistake. Please let me know that things have now been taken care of, or if there is some way I can help. About the breakfast, I can reassure you that we serve scrambled eggs, too! It just depends on the day. The Country Inn and Suites breakfast program provides a rotating menu that does not repeat once in each week, so different days are different foods, but you may have a point about the eggs benedict. I will monitor it next time and get some feedback from the guests; if you guys do not like them we can replace that menu with a different one. It is not my intention to have uneaten food and I want people to enjoy their breakfast! Thank you so much for the feedback! It is always appreciated and I want to be sure we are addressing every concern.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We arrived late but our check-in went smooth. Our rooms were comfortable and clean as were the beds. The breakfast was nothing great just the basic fare. Don't know any hotels that only serve eggs benedict on their breakfast buffet. I did not see anyone who took them. Maybe that was the point. What happened to the classic scrambled egg.

Our problem started when checking out. We guaranteed our room with a debit/charge card with instructions that we would pay cash when checking out. You guessed it they took the cash and charged our debit account. When this was brought to their attention they took care of it but told us it would be a week before the funds would be back in our account. This happened on the first day if our vacation which shortened our available cash. We also tried to reserve a 2 rooms for the return trip. The front desk person could not correctly complete this basic task and we had to call later and confirm we had our rooms. Good thing we did.

• Stayed: October 2012
Tori C, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I am so sorry to be so late in response. I know that Eggs Benedict is not everyone's taste, but we do offer it once a week as part of our rotating menu. Regarding the debit card charge, we are unfortunately unable to affect the banking process for release of authorization holds, however, we were at fault for not explaining this process better at check-in. I have already been working with our front desk team to perfect the explanation of this process. Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for the comments you shared, it means a lot that you took the time.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a great place to stay. Right across the road from craker barrel and about a dozen other good places to eat and drink. The staff there is wonderful. Especially PAMELLA at the front desk. I swear if there was a power outage, her smile could illuminate the entire facility !!! My family was there for my youngest sons wedding and we will DEFINITLY back whenever we are in town.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark U

Mark U I thank you so much for your review! I agree completely about Pamella, she really lights up the place, and if I could keep her here all the time I would totally do it! I love having her here as much as the guests do and I love the way she inspires everyone to write reviews and keep coming back to see us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I traveled as a chaperone with a collegiate soccer team to this hotel this past week. The accommodations were comfortable and the team especially loved the lobby and loft areas with comfortable seating areas to study.

I used the business center to check e-mails and catch up on work, this was especially helpful.

The staff was super friendly and accommodating.

My only complaint would be the smoking rooms offered, which seemed to be limited to the 3rd floor where the laundry room was located.

Overall, you will enjoy comfortable accommodations and a delicious breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you, Urbanhick, for the great review! I am glad you and your team stayed with us and enjoyed your stay. I know that having the smoking rooms tucked away in a corner on the third floor is tedious, and I am sorry if you were uncomfortable with them being so close to the laundry room. We do try and make sure that the hallways are kept smoke free, and having the laundry behind closed doors helps as well, but I completely see your point, and it is something we should keep in mind. I am glad to see that we all took good care of you and your team and we hope to see you next year!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

All the ladies at the front desk were very helpful and attenative. Pamella Clark was very sweet I enformed her that my room did not have a pen. When I travel for work I have a thing of collecting the pens. So not only did she give me one she gave me two and a note pad. They really know how to take care of their guests.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for writing the review, Deanna P! I love to hear these great comments about the hotel and the staff, and especially when a team member is mentioned specifically! I shared your compliments with everyone and we are so glad you stayed with us!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Chris & Rukiya were fantastic. When my husband and I checked in they were very friendly and helpful. When we checked into our room it smelled like someone was smoking (even though these are non smoking rooms) when we told Chris he immediately gave us another room, even better than the first room we had. Later in our stay we had a little trouble with the computer charging us for our room again even though we had already paid through another web site. Chris was very helpful and gave us a free night for our troubles and extra points on our rewards card. And he called our bank first thing to make sure the pending charges were immediately dropped. Thanks for the great customer service and the excellent room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S C
Tori C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you, S C, for taking the time to write such a great review! I am always sad when we make a mistake, but I am so glad that Chris and Rukiya were here to take care of you! I will be sure to pass along the eompliments and to reward them for their great attention to the guests! I hope that you will come see us next time you are in the area and I am sure we will get it right on the first try this time!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our ten night stay at Country Suites! We stayed on the second floor and our suite was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. The breakfast was good and had a nice variety each morning. The indoor and outdoor pools were very clean. The daily complimentary cookies were a delicious treat!

The staff was friendly and displayed wonderful Southern hospitality! Tori was very friendly and ready to fulfill any need or request a guest may have. Pamella was very friendly and welcoming. We looked forward to seeing her everyday! Thomas did a great job keeping the breakfast area clean and well stocked every morning. Chris was friendly and a hard worker. We saw him working behind the front desk, cleaning floors, and vacuuming.

Thank you for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VacationersPA

VacationersPA it was great to have you here with us for such a long trip! I am so excited about this great review and the opportunity to recognize those folks that you mentioned. Everyone here works very hard to take care of our guests and it really does require a team effort; but when someone stands out in the memory of a guest it is fantastic! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you will come back again soon!!