Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall
Ranked #38 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Hoover, Alabama
“Good value”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Safe area with many restaurants nearby. Clean and well furnished rooms. Common areas were well kept. Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. You won't be dissappointed staying here. No problems checking in or out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tori C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, Jim21W, for taking the time to write a review! It really helps us to have feedback on TripAdvisor and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope that we get to see you back in Chattanooga soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Winchester, Tennessee
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed 3 nights at this hotel and were extremely impressed with the customer service. Pamella Clark at the front desk consistently went above and beyond in everything she did to ensure our stay was a pleasant one. She is truly the model for what customer service and hospitality should be. She made us feel sincerely welcome as guests and we enjoyed her smile the duration of our stay. This is a great hotel and we will stay here every time we visit Chattanooga.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, James P, for the great review! I love to hear about everyone's experiences, but most expecially I love to hear that my staff is doing everything they can to really impress the guests!! I cannot wait to share this with Pamella and reward her for a job well done. I hope that you do come and see us again soon!
Cincinnati Ohio
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here on our way back from Florida.
The lady at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. She called our room after giving us enough time to get settled to make sure all was ok.
Overall, the lobby, grounds and the room itself are in good order. As another traveler noted, the room is cooled by a unit in the bedroom with an exhaust fan to pull the cooled air into the sitting area that is insufficient. The sitting area is rather warm while the bedroom is chilly. The furniture and carpet had some stains, so we were not in one of the recently remodeled rooms. The bathroom fan had quite an accumulation of dust and needs to be cleaned. It's kind of odd, because everything else seemed really clean, so don't know how that fan has been missed for so long.
There is a breakfast offered in the morning. Juice, coffee, pastries, cereal, yogurt, a make your own waffle iron, and some pre-made omlette things (think egg mcmuffin) They didn't look appealing to me, but my husband ate one. They also have cookies and coffee out during the day. Frankly, I wish they had been out in the morning. I probably would have had coffee and a cookie.
I would consider staying here again. I think with some relatively minor improvements, this could be a top notch place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanner76
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel is at the end of dead end street with lots of hotels and a few restaurants. The grounds and exterior were a bit worn and could have been better taken care of, but overall, it looked fine.

The lobby seemed well taken care of, although the breakfast area was small (more on that later).
Checkin was a breeze, although the desk attendant was pretty cold.

This hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool, and my kids used both. The outdoor pool is EXTREMELY small. My 10 year old was across the width of it in two strokes (really). The pool deck wasnt in the best condition, but the pool seemed clean.
the indoor pool room was extremely hot, to the point of me propping open the outside door. It too, is fairly small, but serviceable for kids, at least.

I'm to understand this is an "all suite" property, which these days doesnt mean much. We got a one bedroom "suite" for me, my wife and two 10 year old girls. The room was certainly OK, with a sofa bed, flat screen TV, wetbar, fridge and microwave in the front room and traditional king bed in the back. My only real problem was that there wasnt any sort of output for air conditioning (or heat) in the front room. There was a ceiling fan, and there was a small fan installed in the wall between the bedroom and living area. This was supposed to bring air through from the AC unit in the bedroom.

Well, that doesnt work. We had to leave our bedroom door open all night and keep the temperature setting down to 66 to keep our kids comfortable in the front room. This of course meant we were freezing ion the small bedroom.

The bathroom is on the smallish side, but the living room area was certainly roomy. I would recommend this for a very short stay or for a couple, but if you have more than two, I'd look for another place because of the HVAC issue.

1 Thank Travel by Signature
Tori C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, Travel by Signature! I am sorry for the concerns you had, and it is my hope that we resolved them to your satisfaction before you left. I am always glad to see reviews here, the good, the bad and the ugly, as it helps me understand what it is travellers see when they stay here. It is very easy for a hotel staff to become accustomed to seeing things only in respect to our jobs, and having the experience of a fresh pair of eyes is always welcome. I hope that you will come see us again soon, and give us the chance to impress you.
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I and are two boys stayed for 3 nights at this hotel and we were very pleased. The staff was great! I loved the option of having an indoor and outdoor pool (which were both very clean) the breakfast was perfect for our family, had many thing to choose from each morning. We stayed in a 2 queen bedroom suite with a pull out sofa sleeper. The best part about this room was there is a door to seperate the bedroom from the living room so when we got the kids to bed we could close the bedroom door and go sit in the living room and watch tv with out waking the kids. The wifi worked great which was a must for us. The room was clean and was smoke free which was nice. We will def. be staying in this hotel if we ever make it back to TN again :)

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much, David M, for taking the time to write a review! As you know, many travellers check out a hotel ahead of time on TripAdvisor and every review helps. I am very glad that you enjoyed yourself and gave me and my team a chance to let our Southern Hospitality shine! Please do come see us next time you are in Chattanooga!
Germantown, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was our second time staying here. We loved it the first time and were not disappointed the second time. Rooms are spacious and clean. Each staff we encountered at the front desk delivered first rate customer service. Nice breakfast. Would highly recommend and can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am so sorry to have gotten so behind on my reviews!! Thank you very much for taking the time to talk about our hotel and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay here in Chattanooga! I love to receive the comments here on TripAdvisor and it means a lot that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts. Come see us again, soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 10, 2012

A great value for the money as a slightly higher end chain. You can find cheaper hotels but overall this is a great "relaxation" hotel when you need a break during a driving trip. The decor, amenities and staff are a "step" up from the normal mid range chain. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
TravelingMan979 I am so glad you stayed with us and I thank you for sharing your thoughts via TripAdvisor! I love to see that people experience all the great things we try to offer here, and I hope the rest of your drive was better for having taken a break with us. Have a great rest of the summer and come see us again soon!