“Recommended but beware if you are sensitive to smoking.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall
Ranked #36 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Asheville, North Carolina
“Recommended but beware if you are sensitive to smoking.”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I would give this property a higher rating except that smoking is allowed in several rooms and it is noticeable in the hallways. Otherwise, I stayed in a very spacious one bedroom suite which was very comfortable. Cleanliness was slightly above average.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank mdm69
Countryhamilton, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. Our hotel still allows smoking but have limited them to the back corner of one floor. I will see if I can find a solution so the hallways still smell fresh. We are gald you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 9, 2011

its was awsome stay very respectful people that were the best was barry h and michael turner on 2nd shift the were great offee was awsome had everything you could need and want just sooo nice && but michael and barry were awsome they bring u business thanks

Room Tip: Get the honey moon suiet the best !!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Countryhamilton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments concering the staff, I will make sure to pass them along. Both Michael and Barry have been a blessing to us because of their wonderful customer service. We appreicate you taking the time to write a review and look forward to your visit in the future.
Tennessee
Reviewed March 23, 2011

My daughter and I got away for a mother-daughter weekend. What we loved the most about Carlson Suites is that our room was an actual suite! The "living room" being separate from the bedroom was great! There was a nice frig and microwave and a storage cabinet underneath a spacious counter with sink. The living room was roomy. There are flat screens tv's in both the living room and the bedroom. The complimentary breakfast is a great one. They had oatmeal with toppings, a yogurt bar with toppings, eggs, bacon, and biscuits, pastries and toast, fresh fruit, waffles you make yourself, and plethora of beverage choices! We stayed two nights for $160 total. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. I'm so glad you're daughter and you have a special time together and that our hotel was part of it. We hope to both of you in the future.
Richmond Hill
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We checked into the Country Suites on our way home from Florida. This hotel is ideally located with lots and lots of restaurants around. It is also close to what is apparently a terrific shopping area. We didn't have time to do much but did stop at a few stores and bought some stuff. There are lots of stores and Hamilton Place Mall is apparently the largest indoor shopping mall in the area ( and I believe Tennessee) but we didn't get a chance to go in.
The hotel itself was very warm and welcoming. The rooms are all suites so we had 2 Queen Beds, very comfortable, in a separate room with a tv and in main room, pull-out sofa with another tv and large counter area with mini-fridge and microwave. This was great after a long journey on road to store drinks and make popcorn. My son was thrilled he didn't have to share a bed with his sister. Bathroom was large and very clean as was the room itself. My only complaint would be that the air conditioning set-up was difficult to control and very, very noisy but nice and cool!
Staff was very friendly. There was what looked like a good-size fitness room and a smaller indoor pool (which we didn't use) and also there is an outdoor seasonal pool which we saw covered over. Free breakfast in morning was good and up to par for the Country Suites/Inn chain; here it was more of a southern-style breakfast. Large sitting area in front lobby if you want it and 2nd floor area with tables (some people were playing cards). Also, keeping with the southern-theme I guess, there was a very large porch area out front with rocking chairs which was a nice touch.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to all travellers!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Countryhamilton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
WOW what wonderful comments concerning the hotel. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to tell other guest about your experience with us. I will pass this along to the staff and on behalf of all us Thank You.
Mason,
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We arrived at about 3 am on our way to Gainsville Florida from Cincinnati. Chattanooga is the perfect halfway mark. We had 4 kids and 3 adults and were all exhausted. We love Country Inn, but this time our stay was 110% more exceptional. Kelly helped me as soon as I walked in with drinks for the kids, she even gave us some snacks to nibble on. She also covered every amenity there could be. I'm very much a night owl and everyone else was to tired to entertain me. I went to the lobby to hang out a while so I could unwind and got a chance to talk to Kelly. She is a very down to earth lady. I was so impressed with her hospitality that we stayed again on our way back home last night. If she were in Cincinnati I woulld have to borrow her to work for me. :) Hannah from the morning staff was also amazing. I will ALWAYS stay at this hotel on my Florida travels. Thanx so much. 2 thumbs up!
Sincerely
Tiffanie Hundley Abdallahi.
Treneehundley@yahoo.com

• Stayed March 2011
Countryhamilton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
WOW thank you for such wonderful comments. We are very fortunate to have associates such and Kelly and Hannah. We love taking care of our guests and try to make them feel at home. Hope to see you on your next visit.
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Very good accommodations. I would definitely stay again. Also, the indoor pool was a great time for the kids.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank aubyrnefamily
Thank you for taking time to write a reveiw, we love hearing great comments. If your travels bring you back to Chattanooga, we hope to see you again.
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I've had mixed stays at Country Inns & Suites. Some really good, and some that wanted me to fly to Minneapolis & show pictures to someone at corporate - and this one will be getting a letter from me, but a good one!

Hotel staff were very efficient & friendly, grounds were well maintained and clean. Lobby was nice & spacious with great decor. Business center was closed off and required a room key to get in - this is great as the times I always needed to print something there's a teen on the computer on Facebook and I'm sitting there waiting at least 20 minutes for them to get off, after watching every Justin Beiber video.

Room was updated with the newer beds, furniture, and tvs. Definitely like the new direction CIS is taking.

Last comment is a bit "snobby".. but I'm a Gold Elite member - highest status with the Carlson program. I typically stayed 20 - 45 days a year at a Carlson hotel. When I'd check into a Radisson/Rad Blu, they'd apologize to me the presidential suite isn't available, and give me the next best room. At most Country Inns, not a peep. Standard room key, standard speech, and the Elite parking spot is always taken (by a non-elite). (however, one CIS in Orlando saved me from a horrible trip by letting me check-in at 5am, thank you!). These guys, thanked me for my loyalty at check-in and upgraded me to a suite. This was nice. Most hotel loyalty programs have items in place for their elite, especially their highest tier, and I've always been disappointed that Country Inns have never really done much for us. (Marriott, for example, gives you a welcome basket in your room or a bottle of wine, even for Silvers - at the lower-end brands).

It was very nice & I commented to the manager about it who said its up to each hotel individually.

So if you are Gold or Gold Elite, this hotel will take care of you.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DiverDown79
Countryhamilton, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
It was very nice meeting you. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review especially when you are always on the road. It's a pleasure to hear such positive comments. The Country Inn & Suites family thanks you for continued business.