“Nice stay on market street”
Review of The Chattanoogan

The Chattanoogan
Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

A short drive from the more touristy area provided a quiet and comfortable overnight stay. Clean comfortable rooms. Double beds only though, not queens. Fine with us but not as roomy for larger people.

They have a spa though we did not use any services. Pool was on the 2nd floor and right off of the fitness center.

Nicely decorated and accommodated. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the kind words about the staff and facilities. My Team truly cares about helping create a memorable time here in Chattanooga. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I planned a trip to Chattanooga for the first time and wanted to stay somewhere downtown. Based off the hotel's website we thought this would be the place to stay. We were wrong.

We drove through a section of town that I wouldn't be caught in after dark to get there. We wouldn't walk around outside after dark. The hotel was right next to that part of town.

The room had a musty smell to it. No refrigerator in the room, however they offered to bring one.

We stayed in the room 15 minutes and went back down to the front desk and said we wanted to leave. The supervisor said she couldn't let us leave without penalty. I asked for a manager and explained my wife and I were looking for something downtown. He let us out of the reservation without penalty.

If you're in town for business this would be a nice place to stay. But if you want to be downtown look elsewhere. We ended up staying at the Hilton Garden Inn next to the baseball stadium.

In the short time we were there we noticed that the rest of the hotel was clean and nice. There hotel and bar looked nice as well.

Like I said if you're in town and don't want to leave the hotel, this is the place. If you're wanting to walk around downtown Chattanooga and eat and different places you'll need to look elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you, for your candid thoughts. I must say your remarks surprised me. This is not the typical reaction to our hotel or the area. It is true that we are located in the revitalized area known as the Southside of Chattanooga but I assure you it is safe to walk to the many wonderful local restaurants and the free electric shuttle connection.The Southside of downtown Chattanooga (our area) has undergone a tremendous revitalization with local restaurants (30+), retail/business and housing ($300,000+ condo’s) in the last couple of years.There have been millions of dollars invested in our area and we are very proud of it. The future has never looked brighter for the Southside. It is unfortunate that you did not stay at our hotel and give us the opportunity to prove to you that we are a great hotel and in a great location.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My company holds a business conference every year at this hotel, and we will never change venues. Our guests love it, we love it, and it has everything to make your business trip feel luxurious. The hotel is gorgeous! The staff is so friendly and helpful. The food is really amazing as well. As far as hotels go, this is by far my favorite.

My only complaint was the "spa". I hope I just caught them on a bad day, because the service was really sub-par. When I walked in, there was no one to greet me. When I was greeted, the girl led me to a room to wait (no music or ambiance) for a while. When I was finally seen by the manicurist (which was the only service I was there for), she was not what I expected. She gave me some sugar scrub for my hands and instructed me to go to the sink and wash myself. The she gave me some lotion to put on myself. I got no hand massage. Then basically it was just a couple of touch ups on filing my nails and one coat of polish. I was very disappointed, especially given the cost. And I walked out with oil on my new shirt :-(

If you stay away from the spa, I'd give this hotel 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you, for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your candor. We’re thankful that you shared your appreciation for our facilities and the friendliness of our staff. While we were thrilled to be a place where you and your co-workers enjoyed another successful meeting, we deeply regret if you experienced anything less than stellar service. Our Spa strives to deliver attentive service and we are sorry if this was not the case for you. We will be certain to share your thoughts with the entire spa team so that we can make improvements to the experience we offer. Thank you for your helpful feedback, we hope to have a future opportunity to welcome you and your co-workers back again.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

First trip to Chattanooga, TN and my stay at The Chattanoogan was fantastic; beautiful hotel, very comfortable room, and great service from everyone we encountered!!! Great location, close to everything we visited. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

To read that you completely enjoyed your visit to The Chattanoogan hotel from the moment you arrived in town to when you departed means a great deal to us! We’re delighted our staff provided friendly service, thank you for your review. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was a great place. We stayed only one night but would've loved to stay longer. The outdoor fire pit area was great! Our room was a little dated, but nothing bad at all...VERY clean. Just not brand new. We loved it. Comfortable room. We swam in the indoor pool, which our son loved. It's a small but very clean/nice pool. Will stay there again!

Room Tip: If traveling with kids, stay on the floor where the indoor pool is!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure to welcome you to The Chattanoogan hotel. I am glad that our outstanding team and beautiful accommodations met/exceeded your expectations. You will be glad to know that we are slated to update our rooms this year 2014 to make the experience for our guest even better. We look forward to seeing you on a return trip.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Me and my girlfriend spent the night for our 2nd year anniversary and the staff at the hotel always made sure we were happy and comfortable and made us feel pampered...overall best hotel ever I highly recommend you to stay here if ever get a chance I so want to go back!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for your review. Thank you, for describing us as "The Best Hotel Ever." Happy Belated anniversary!! Thank you, for spending such an important date with us. I appreciate the kind words about our hotel. I know you have many lodging options, and I am glad you chose us. My team truly cares about helping create a memorable time here in Chattanooga. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Loved the hotel. Beautifully decorated, the lobby is welcoming and nice.

We only stayed one night, but the room was comfortable and nicely decorated.

The grounds were beautiful and lush and the lighted columns on the way in, is a great touch. Staff was nice and helpful. Got in late and the restaurants were closed, but the game room looked like fun. Would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014