“An Absoloute Jewel in Chattanooga”
Review of The Chattanoogan

The Chattanoogan
Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 12, 2014

As a meeting planner I have been given the opportunity to visit many hotels throughout the United States, therefore I am able to speak with a modicum of authority when I give this property an excellent rating.
I was not expecting anything more than a local hotel with meeting space. Truth be known, my expectations were not very high. However, when I'm wrong I will admit my error.
The Chattanoogan is indeed a jewel. Not in the rough, but an absolute polished, shining, glimmering jewel!
The front desk welcomed me with a smile, gave great directions and was very helpful.
Rooms are comfortable and quiet.
There is a spa, complete with sauna and steam room.
Food service is great. If you are a foodie, you must try The Chef's Table. Chef Leon was able to work wonders with the pre-set menu. Robert seated us and was able to get us a perfect table in The Broad Street Grille.
If business or pleasure takes you even close to Chattanooga, you will be remiss if you don't at least try The Chattanoogan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for your detailed review. It is truly a pleasure to receive such a glowing review from someone in the business that has seen it all. We appreciate the kind words about the Staff and Facilities. My Team truly cares about helping create a memorable time here in Chattanooga. There is a lot to like about our location and our city. We look forward to many opportunities in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed a night at the Chattanoogan. We stayed before. The hotel provided a wonderful stay at a good value. We would stay again.

We had the Mother's Day buffet in the hotel. The buffet was really disappointing. The expensive buffet was no better than the free breakfasts regularly offered daily by two and a half star hotels. The hotel should offer a more inspired buffet .

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your candid review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Chattanoogan. We were disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the buffet. Our award-winning Mother's day buffet had many options including: peel & eat shrimp, seared salmon, prime rib, salmon and asparagus omelets, caprese salad, spinach salad, fresh fruit, polenta cakes, whipped potatoes, a variety of summer vegetables, banana pudding, mousse shots, and fruit tarts; just to name a few things on the buffet. I apologize that you did not find the value in our buffet. We appreciate that you took the time to review your experience and will be certain to take your feedback to heart. We hope you’ll return in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I went in for a spa day, the staff is very kind and attentive. That will basically end the good part of the review. I had a massage, facial, and pedicure. The "spa" is a hall way. There is a hallway with 6 doors ad they put some chairs there and that is the "relaxation lounge" um no, that's a hallway. It has nice chairs and is decorated but its a HALLWAY. You change in the common locker room that everyone uses for the pool. There are no amenities that are exclusive to the spa. The massage was good, definitely not the best. The facial was relaxing, but she washed my face a bunch and put a mask on. She did some massage which was nice but didn't clear black heads, pimples, anything like that. The pedicure was the worst pedicure I have ever had in my life. She didn't cut my cuticles, she quickly brushed my big toe and heel with one tool to remove dead skin and then painted my nails horribly and blotchy. I feel very bad because everyone was very nice, but the price is sooooo high, and my sweet husband got it for me with huge sacrifice, it's upsetting.

• Stayed: May 2014
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

We apologize that your experience was not positive in every way.Your comments will be shared with the spa team to make certain that our staff is committed to delivering top-notch service to our valued guests, which has always been our number one priority. It is clear we missed chances to make your stay a truly memorable experience and for that we are sorry.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel should be embarrassed to be charging their guests for parking. Valet said he would be able to help us after he was the bellhop for another guest....what? Front desk staff although polite were uninformed. Bar has no happy hour. Room was dated. Housekeeping extremely loud in the hallway in the morning yelling back and forth to one another. Housekeeping left dirty dishes and used washcloths in our room. The hair dryer is a tiny little thing attached to the wall that hardly blows, called the front desk to ask if they had a regular hair dryer...no. So not only was a not a good stay, my hair looked like crap for 3 days. Also hotel is in a undesirable location. Chattanooga has great choices closer to the river and downtown, will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank welovetotravelslways

Thank you for your honest feedback. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. This is not the usual experience at The Chattanoogan hotel.We hope you’ll accept our apologies for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced. We take all comments to heart; it is unfortunate that in our downtown area parking is not free. Most downtown parking is owned by Republic or AAA and we have no control on their pricing. I understand that this additional charge can be frustrating. It is clear we missed a key opportunity to deliver the outstanding guest experience that we want for all of our guests. Receiving feedback from our guests, positive or otherwise, gives us the ability to constantly improve upon the experience we provide and for that we thank you.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Went to Chattanooga for our 5 year anniversary & stayed at the Chattanoogan. What a Wonderful hotel!!! We had the use of the indoor pool, sauna, steam room, hot tub, on site restaurant and bar. The room was clean and had cute decorations. The staff was very friend & quick to assist any needs. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary. Thank you, for spending it with us. It is always great to receive detailed feedback from our guests after they have had an opportunity to experience all the nuances we offer. To read that you completely enjoyed your visit to The Chattanoogan hotel from the moment you arrived in town to when you departed means a great deal to us! We’re delighted our staff provided friendly service, thank you for your review. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Beautiful hotel, great rooms. We stayed in a suite which was wonderful to spread out in. Very spacious! Nicely appointed rooms & very clean. Only complaint about the room were the pillows, very hard & stiff. Enjoyed the outside firepit and the indoor pool. Great proximity to the aquarium, there are free shuttles around town if you don't want to walk or drive. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed a last-minute Spring Break getaway at The Chattanoogan hotel! We are so glad our pool and the fire pit were among some of the highlights of your vacation. Your kind mention of our friendly staff and roomy accommodations are truly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Please consider liking us on Facebook to keep up with hotel specials and happenings in Chattanooga.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Berean Christian Church located in Stone Mountain, GA selected The Chattanoogan to host its 2014 Women's Retreat. What a beautiful and wonderful time we did have. This is a beautiful hotel everything was perfect! The service, room, food, pool, hot tub was retreat worthy. The staff was very polite and professional and the hotel is very clean. The group price which very affordable, however, I will be inquiring about regular fees. Free bus transportation to main attractions is less then a block away from the hotel and from what I saw there was plenty of parking. I would recommend The Chattanoogan!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for the detailed review. We are thrilled to hear that your retreat went according to plan. The team we have at this hotel is what makes it such a special place. They make all the difference in the stay. Friendly, helpful, and eager to please. I am proud to have such a great team. I am delighted to hear of your great stay. There is a lot to like about our location and our city. We look forward to having everyone stay with us again soon. Please consider liking us on Facebook to keep up with hotel special, Chattanooga happenings, and much more.