“Nice place to rest”

GreenLeadersGold level
Crown Point, Indiana, USA
“Nice place to rest”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night. We had great food in the lounge on the main floor and listened to some great live music. The next morning the breakfast buffet was outstanding and the pool was empty...perfect for morning lap swimming. The trees were flowering in the courtyard and we were happy to have stayed at such a clean and friendly place!

3 Thank WinfieldWormie
LauraBatchelor, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed a variety of different areas in the hotel and would encourage you to try our Sunday Brunch on your next visit as it’s a favorite in Chattanooga with locals and visitors alike.
Throughout the summer our landscape will continue to bloom so we look forward to seeing your return.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here in March for one night and would have stayed longer. It was lovely. The room was a good size. The beds and linens were very comfortable and the front desk was more than gracious. Because of their downtown location, there is only paid parking, but for just a couple of dollars more you can have valet service and they will have your car up in just a few minutes. Great location too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank sbell2852
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review.
We look forward to your return to The Chattanoogan

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at The Chattanoogan. The hotel is a sort of Frank Lloyd Wright meets Frank Gehry meets Mies van der Rohe meets Marriott Courtyard design. That isn't an insult. The lobby isn't spectacular, but it'll do. The service is professional, if sometimes distracted.

The hotel is within walking distance of four of the best restaurants in Chattanooga: the BlueGrass Grill for breakfast, Urban Stack for burgers, Terminal Brew house for sandwiches and beer, and St. John's for 4-star cuisine and dressy dining. The neighborhood is pretty deserted at night but I've never had problems in dozens of visits in the area. There are interesting parks to the sout of the hotel, along Chestnut St, where you'll also find a Farmer's Market at Chestnut and 17th.

The jazz bar would have been nice had the band played jazz, blues, or anything other than the disco era top forty junk they played. The guitarist, bassist, and drummer all looked the part ( of the advertised jazz band) but the lead singer/keyboardist ruined them with bad Stevie Wonder copies and Commodores covers. Maybe the hotel will encourage the three to get a lead singer that fits their group.

The rooms are nice, but the Chattanooga has the scratchiest sheets in any nicer hotel in which I've stayed. I suspect it's the detergent they use to wash the sheets. I don't mind them but the princess I'm married to will not stay at the Chattanooga again because of them (she's sensitive).

It is a good hotel if you aren't sheet sensitive and if you can get a groupon or ls deal, then all the better. There are better hotels closer to the Aquarium.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank DLGilmore
Thank you for your review! Not only did you give us impressive feedback but you increased my knowledge of architecture because I had to “google” Mies van der Rohe as you intrigued me with your description of our hotel. You named some wonderful restaurants here in the Southside and there are even more up and coming in the near future. Please let your wife know that our Director of Housekeeping is looking into our current detergent and fabric softener to see if we can find something that works better to keep scratchy sheets at bay , so I do hope you consider giving us a second try!
North Carolina USA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The last time I reviewed this hotel we were checking it out for my daughter's wedding, and we loved it. We've stayed here several times since - all wonderful! This weekend was the wedding, and I have to say that the hotel was incredible! Everything was perfect! They answered all our million questions, were helpful, polite, and helped calm us down. The wedding site was set up perfectly. The pre-reception and reception rooms were decorated exactly as our daughter had imagined and described. I can't imagine a better place. Our suite was large enough for a shower and 2 other smaller parties. The spa people were so sweet. The food was great. I just can't say enough good things about them!

Room Tip: If you need a lot of room for a party, get one of the suites!
3 Thank KarenandBeth
Thank you for writing this wonderful wedding review on Tripadvisor and for being a return guest.
The wedding was beautiful and I am happy to hear that all your guests had a wonderful time.

Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed April 7, 2013

First time staying in Chattanooga, and we were not disappointed. The staff, both at the front desk and bellmen/valet, were efficent and polite. There is a nice gas firepit just outside the lobby area to enjoy a cocktail and conservation. Our room(Courtyard Suite) was spacious with a comfortable bed, and table perfect for playing board games. Warehouse Row is a block away, fun for shopping and dining. Overall, a great stay!!

1 Thank photomelly
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to write a review! Our firepit is a popular place on spring and fall evenings so we hope you’ll come back and try it out again sometime soon.

Palatine, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family and I went to Chattanooga for spring break and stayed here, this hotel is worth it's 4 star rating. The hotel is beautiful and classy. The staff at the front desk and everyone I encountered was very couteous and helpful. I have read other reviews saying the hotel was dirty, no hot water, walls are thin, rude staff, and the list goes on and on. Honestly, I don't get it. I think some people just like to complain and try to get something out of it. I don't care, all I know is that this was the first time we went on vacation in 12 years and I am thankful and very pleased with our stay. Coming from the windy and rude city of Chicago it was a breath of fresh air to be treated with respect and courteousness. I will for sure come back. I want to thank Ms. Palmer and Mr. Tom Kapuro(?), for their above and beyound generosity. I also never slept as well in a hotel as I did in this one. The bed and bedding is so soft and you sink right in which was a welcoming surprise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jessica W
LauraBatchelor, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review touching on so many aspects of our hotel. We share all the reviews (good and bad) with our hotel teams and you can be assured that yours was given many thumbs up!

Thanks again and we look forward to your return visit to Chattanooga
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is my first review I have ever bothered to write. Payed $150 for a room that was very dirty. The ceiling looked like a water leak, the bathroom and what I found on the sheet is too gross to write about. Woke up at 6 am to shower before my 10 hour drive home and had NO HOT WATER!! That's made me write my first ever. When I called the front desk about the water they said they would make a note of it in my chart. It's not a doctors office!!!

2 Thank lttleone1
LauraBatchelor, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Please know that we take all of our guest comments to heart and always learn the constructive comments. Your experience does not reflect our standards and please accept my sincerest apologies
I do hope that you will consider giving us another chance should your travels bring you back to Chattanooga.