The Chattanoogan
  • Breakfast included
Chatt City Suites(Chattanooga)
Stadium Inn(Chattanooga)
1,463 results
All reviewsbroad street grilleurban stackwarehouse rowfire pitvalet parkingbeautiful hotelparking deckconference centerrocking chairsself parkbreakfast buffetwithin walking distancerooms are nicevalet servicedowntown areafree shuttlefront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Chattanoogan is a great escape from the touristy type hotels. Perfect for business trips or romantic getaways, very clean and well-kept. Good service. A bit excessive for family vacations.

The bed did leave our backs sore, though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JandDK
LauraBatchelor, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you didn't like our mattress as it usually a favorite of guests.
We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is at the very end of the business district; nothing to do in the area to the west.
Some would call the lobby modern; we thought bare.
Rooms ok, bed was good.
Water bottles were out, for $2.00 per bottle.
I used one bottle and paid the Desk in cash as we checked out. Then I have another $2.00 charge on my credit card !!! One Bottle - 2 charges.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tom S

Thank you for the constructive thoughts you have shared on your review. I believe we also received a survey from you as well and have fixed the charge on your credit card for the water. I am sorry for the inconvenience or the double charge. If this charge has not been fixed please contact me directly and I will make sure it is fixed immediately.
Without your feedback, we cannot continue to make improvements.

423-424-3730

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We got this hotel via unpublished rates on Expedia. For $125, when the other Downtown hotels near the Aquarium were closer to $200 or above, it was great. But it is not walkable to the main attractions of Downtown Chattanooga. But, there is a free downtown city shuttle that picks up 2 blocks from the hotel, so that wasn't really an issue for us. And my 3 year-old loved riding the bus! The room was very nice, and the staff was friendly. And they have a full room service menu, so when my boy went to sleep, I was able to order a draft Fat Tire while I watched some college football!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mgriffith11

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and your time in Chattanooga. The free electric shuttle in Chattanooga is a great “green” way to travel in the downtown area and we are glad to hear you and your family used it to get around the city.
Our Foundry bar offers a great selection of beers that is always changing so on your next visit have another Fat Tire or perhaps try one of the new local brews.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We booked our trip online but had to pay in advance. For the price, it was worth it! A beautiful room. So clean and comfortable. We spent a lot of time in the room because we were visiting our son & working around his work schedule. We were able to walk everywhere we visited. Even the movies. We parked that car & didnt see it for 4 days! The accomodations are so nice. There is a spa & pool and hot tub we all really enjoyed. Don't forget the free electric trolley you can get picked up on Broad St & get almost anywhere downtown.

Room Tip: I asked for a low floor or the highest. It's just five stories & the restaurants are on the 1st floor. The pool & spa was on the 2nd floor so that was our choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank wetravel101
LauraBatchelor, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed so many of the things Chattanooga offers. Chattanooga is a great walking /biking city with so much to do.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here recently for 5 days for a business trip for my husband. As others have posted, this is not the most convenient location to the main downtown area, near the river. It is walking distance though, and there is a free shuttle that will take you down and back. It's a lovely property. All the food we had there was very good. I used the exercise room every day, and it had plenty to do and was clean and well tended. There's a nice private place to sit outside just outside the spa and indoor pool area. The guest rooms were well appointed, large, and comfortable. The beds were not the most comfortable really, but not terrible either. Housekeeping, restaurant, front desk, all staff really, were exceptionally attentive and polite. That is the main thing we noticed about the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank mswm80

I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do hope you return for a future visit and then you will find a new park across from our entrance with walking trails, sculptures and fitness options. Thank you for choosing The Chattanoogan and for providing your feedback, we look forward to your return.