We booked a week at this hotel mainly due to the hotel's boasting of their only 4 star resport in Chattanooga. When you refer to yourself in such a light, you should be ready to deliver.
Upon arriving at this hotel, we noticed the lobby was dark but nicely decorated. We were assigned room 534. Once we arrived at the room we were really disappointed. The furnishings were sort of beat up, the room was small, there was red nail poilsh on the chair, there were 3 tiny drawers to store 4 family member's belongings (2 parents, 2 children). We could also hear other conversations from our room. Not a good surrounding when trying to get your children down for a nap.
I called the front desk to explain our situation and they moved us to a different room and we were also told we would be upgraded to a suite after day 3 of of stay. Great.
Night two the fire alarm went off at 11pm. We were told that a kid on the 3rd floor pulled the alarm. Pretty typical since children were running up and down the halls without supervision since we arrived. This is the type of folks who you will see at this establishment, just to let you know.
Day three, we locked some belongings in the safe. Later that day we were unable to open the safe. The maintenance crew was also unable to open the safe with the hotels' password. The safe was jammed. The maintenance staff's answer was to bring a crowbar and start hammering away. That didn't work. We were told that they'd have to call the mfg for help. The manufacturer was closed on the weekends so we had to wait til Monday. Soooo, we have no pictures of Ruby Falls. Our camera was in the safe, as well as our childrens video games.
In short, while the maint staff called the mfg, the maint staff told the safe mfg that he purchased the safes at Home Depot. Nice. Still unable to open the safe, it had to be removed and drilled open. We were two days without our belongings.
Our toiletries were not replaced daily. I think we had shampoo on only two days. Our sheets were not replaced during our entire 7 day stay. I know this because my daughter fell asleep with lip gloss on on night one and left a small spot on the pillowcase. That spot remained for our entire trip.
Back to the offer of the suite. After hearing nothing further of the move to the suite, I inquired about it. I was told that they have no bed suites, only one bed and a couch that pulls out to a bed. I explained that we'd just stay in our regular room since my husband and I both have bad backs, it would be better to sleep on a regular bed. There was no offer of anything else to compensate us for our troubles. It was take it or leave it.
Restaurant--not a good choice for breakfast. I ordered a waffle one day and it tasted like raw batter. They serve a nice variety but it's the same dang thing every day.
I will definately not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chattanoogan offers upscale amenities and service. Decor and interiors are Post-modern industrial, playing up on the unique industrial heritage of Chattanooga in a modern, eclectic fashion. The property features all-original, regional art, specifically commissioned for The Chattanoogan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Chattanoogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chattanoogan Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanoogan Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanoogan Chattanooga