“Review of Business Trip - staying at Chattannogan Hotel”
Review of The Chattanoogan

The Chattanoogan
Ranked #8 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Review of Business Trip - staying at Chattannogan Hotel”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

The Chattanoogan was recommended by a colleague who traveled to the area recently but stayed elsewhere and had wished instead she had stayed at the Chattanoogan Hotel instead. At her recommendation I made a reservation there.

I was not disappointed. The room I had was large, clean and in good condition. The hotel seems quite new.

The staff was always polite, helpful and friendly. As a traveler I appreciated this a lot.

Very professional desk staff. The breakfast, and dinner were great. I didn't have a chance to experience lunch but I'm betting it was great as well.

If I get a chance to return I would stay here again if my client was the same.

Damon at the front desk was very helpful with the business center, getting a FedEx package delivered and helping me get a copy of a document that I needed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard M
, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
It was a pleasure to read your comments regarding your stay. I have shared your comments with Damon and all of our staff and they are happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay.
We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed November 15, 2011

For any company looking to host a great event with first class service The Chattanoogan is the place to have it. We hosted the dinner at the Broad Street Grille and they put us in the alcove which was perfect for the amount of people we had. The food was great / delicious. We ordered the box lunches and the ladies (Susan Ruggiero and Corrine Woods) in the events coordination department were super helpful and accommodating with helping to plan the menu options for both lunch and dinner. The hotel overall was very clean, safe and the staff was exceptional. The hotel rooms were also very nice and clean. One of the best hotels I've stayed at and would definitely stay there again both for business and pleasure.

Another great feature of the hotel is the fireplace in the middle of the lobby that's very cozy and aesthetically pleasing.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sherry D
, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you for the kind words about your stay and in particular about our staff. Susan and Corrine are very happy to hear how successful your company event was.
I have shared your comments with all of our staff and we will look forward to your next visit.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Chattanoogan for our anniversary this year. It was mostly a good experience. We were given a complimentary breakfast card. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. There were plenty of healthy and tasty options. Our room was nice. We requested a city view and received a courtyard view, though. My only complaint about the room is that the bathtub needs updates. The shower curtain wasn't long enough and the fixtures were hard to maneuver. The caulking around the tub was in bad shape. That and the small size of the tub took away from my bubble bath experience. Also, there are no pay-per-view options or ways to order movies. There was not even a TV guide channel available. Customer service was great. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Courtyard view rooms have a great sunset view of the mountains
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ateam407
, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
We are honored that you chose The Chattanoogan to spend your anniversary! The breakfast buffet is a favorite and I am glad to here you enjoyed it. We pride ourselves on our room amenities and I am sorry the bathtub was less than what you expected. We are in the process of updating our room guides to make sure that all the guides are up to date.

We do hope you return to celebrate your anniversary next year.

chattanooga
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My daughter decided that The Chattanoogan was the place where out of town guests would stay and where the wedding reception would be held. The staff was professional, attentive and went out of their way to accommodate our every need. Every detail was tended to with a smile and our guests all agreed that it was the best reception that they had attended. Even though the property was full, it only added to the fun. There was never a wait for the elevator and the restaurant didn't make us wait anytime. Great food, even better attitude!

Room Tip: There is a free electric bus shuttle that can take you to the best restaurants and attractions in to...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank mike r
, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you for choosing The Chattanoogan to celebrate such a special occasion! Our staff considers it an honor to be part of a such a family celebration and we take all of your compliments to heart
You will always be part of our “Chattanoogan Family” and we look forward to welcoming you back for future stays.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We began working with the Chattanoogan nearly a year before our reunion. I love the facility personally, and enjoyed my stay though the room wasn't as nice as I expected for a four star facility. And with employee changes over that year of planning, our event fell through the cracks for a time and no one was handling our event, it seemed. I believe all that was ironed out although for the trouble, even after request, no "comp" was offered to salve the troubles I/we experienced. The bar has terrible television reception, which for our fall college football fan classmates, was a travesty. But all in all, I would schedule another event at the Chattanoogan.

Jeff Duke, Reluctant Reunion Planner

Room Tip: Not sure what to say, but it's an all non smoking facility which is great!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeffrey D
, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Jeff- Special thanks to your "class committee" for choosing to host the event at The Chattanoogan and we do hope you will schedule another event. I do apologize that with the staffing change you felt the event fell through the cracks, but I am glad to hear overall it was a success. You will be happy to know that we are in the process of upgrading the televisions in our Foundry bar.

We will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

My husband and I attempted to check Into this hotel. We were appauled that after waiting fir approximately 30 mins - to check in- we were told that they didnt take MasterCard ... My husband told the employee we would check in at another hotel . The employee didn't apologize for our inconvenience ! To me this was very poor customer service and rude! I will not recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank jennhope
, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Let me begin with an apology for indeed your experience at The Chattanoogan was frustrating as the service you experienced was not acceptable and has been addressed accordingly. Our hotel does accept MasterCard and the employee made a mistake in telling you we do not accept it.
I do hope that you will consider giving us another chance should your travels bring you back Chattanooga. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I will be more than happy to handle your arrangements personally.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Enjoyed our stay at The Chattanoogan Hotel. We found the room to be clean and comfortable.
The valet and the staff were very professional. The food at breakfast was great with made to order omelets and buffet. At dinner we found the food to be equally good but one thing that was not lost on us is that it took a really long time to receive our food after our order was placed. I must say that since we were not going anywhere and wasn't in a hurry it made liitle difference (except for the amount of drinks we consumed).

Over all we would recommened and return to the Chattanoogan again.

Room Tip: Court yard side has better view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RandN084
, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
It was a pleasure to read your comments regarding your stay. Our breakfast buffet is a favorite with our guests and we are glad you enjoyed it.
We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.