Stayed here for two nights on a weekend getaway to Chattanooga.
This is an older property that was very obviously some other hotel brand until it was purchased by La Quinta and then renovated. I can't recall ever staying in a La Quinta that did not look anything like any other La Quinta. For one, it's all interior corridors. Also, there are, as I recall, 6 floors in the building.
When I arrived, the first thing I noticed was that one elevator was out. This is somewhat problematic at a hotel with as many floors as this, and I found myself on the stairs much of the time, if only out of convenience, simply because it took so long - particularly at peak times - for the elevator to come.
The staff was very nice. It seemed to be run by a couple, but that may be a false impression on my part. Check-in was quick just after the clerk gave directions to a couple in the line in front of me.
The location is a little strange. The southside of Chattanooga was not a desirable part of town in recent years, but has recently become much more gentrified. This gentrification has pushed south a bit but, still, it's not a particularly good area. In driving around, I realized that I wouldn't want to be alone on the streets, particularly after dark. But the location is right off the freeway and very close to Downtown and other attractions. It's basically halfway between Downtown and St. Elmo, which was perfect for what I wanted to do while in town.
The lobby and hallways are recently renovated. The room hallways were especially nice, with new carpet and decor. The rooms were also renovated, with flat panel televisions, new carpet and beds and new furniture.
I've said it before in other reviews - and it absolutely applies here - that, regardless of renovation, a hotel always shows its age in the bathroom, just because it's so expensive to fully renovate them. The shower faucet was just camp-tacular, and I can only imagine that, when it's eventually pulled out of the wall, some hipster will pick it up and put it into their own bathroom. Also, the weirdest thing was that the toilet was set on the floor at an angle to everything else. It wasn't that it had moved, it was actually bolted that way.
The breakfast was great. Really one of the better free breakfasts I've had at a hotel. They had eggs, waffles, toast, etc. But the biscuits and gravy they had was great. Also very good coffee. There wasn't really enough seating for all of the attendees though, and it complicated things by the seating area being so close to the front desk.
Another annoyance was that, because my room was at the end of the hall, it was more convenient to park at the end of the hotel and use the side, external staircase to access the room. However, for whatever reason, my floor's door was locked to the stairwell. No, not key access, just outright locked. It would be nice if they would install a key access door, particularly if the elevator is going to be down.
For what I paid though, it was a very good value, and I would come here again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of charming Chattanooga, Stadium Inn is just minutes from a wide array of attractions and sights, including Rock City, the Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga riverfront, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC), Historic Chickamauga Civil War Battlefield, and Lookout Mountain. Guests of this hotel will enjoy many amenities, including free continental breakfast, free local calls, and free coffee. Guests will also enjoy the seasonal outdoor pool and BBQ area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LaQuinta, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Stadium Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Chattanooga Hotel Chattanooga
- La Quinta Hotel Chattanooga
- La Quinta Chattanooga
- Chattanooga La Quinta