“Great Hotel and Great Staff. Would definitely recommend.”
Review of Stadium Inn

Stadium Inn
Ranked #53 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I arrived approximately 2 weeks ago to the wonderful city of Chattanooga. Although the weather did not cooperate, the hospitality of the city and hotel made it a great experience. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and even asked us how everything was when she saw us come down 15 minutes later. The young man on the desk in the evening gave us perfect directions to the attractions and meal ideas. he even called a taxi for us. The young lady working the desk at night was very friendly upon our late night enjoying the town and smiled like she really enjoyed working there. The pool was open but due to the weather we were not able to swim in it but it looked really nice. The only two negatives that we had during our stay was the woman running the breakfast seemed VERY uninterested in her job. I personally did not talk to her but I did hear her say something in a rude manner to one of the other patrons in the lobby. That and when I saw one of the housekeepers in the hall, I asked for extra towels and she could not speak english. I asked another and she could not speak english either. Small issues to an otherwise remarkable stay. I will definitely recommend and will definitely be back. Thanks again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TritonXL

Reviewed May 18, 2010

Very nice hotel next to exit 178 off I-24, somewhat close to downtown by car. Nice rooms, clean, very helpful staff, and excellent hot breakfast in the morning. free wifi. For the price paid, excellent choice.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fcsklabrie
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Late night check-in, we had called a little earlier and the lady at the front desk was very kind and helpful, even in person. The price was comparable to the ammenities provided. The bed was very comfortable as was the down-alternative duvet. The room was perfect size, tv was modern, little coffeemaker was great. It is a pet-friendly hotel, however I never smelled any sign of it. The hot breakfast was very filling, complete with waffles, cereal, eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, etc. The gentleman who was tending the area could use a few lessons on manners and customer service. I just ignored him and went along my way. The front desk provided a useful map and other area attraction info if you were staying around. We enjoyed our stay and would choose this hotel again if in the area.

2  Thank beetlebug1220
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I am happy to say that both me and my husband enjoyed staying at this hotel. I read some of the reviews before we booked the room online and they were not great but because it seemed to be so close to all the attractions and had a good price I said we'll try it. I am glad we did. The room is big and clean, nice bed, tv, refrigerator and microave, wireless internet, clean bathroom, NO bad, stincky smells! We loved the continental breakfast and the nice staff that works here. And by the way, it is very close to all attractions. It rained the whole time we were there so we were in the room more that we thought we'll be but we didn't mind. It is close to the highway so its not completly quiet but nothing that you need to worry. They have a nice pool for when the season opens and a fitness room. We'll come here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anaderol_12
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Stayed the night before Thanksgiving on our way south. Checked hotels in the area and the prices were either over $100 or $38 for La Quinta and Red Roof. We had stayed here before and thought it was an aging motel with small rooms and decided to save our money and stay here again. The price was a bargain. We stayed in room 102 and had a nice king. We turned on all the lights and inspected the room fully before collapsing. It was larger than the room we had several years ago. No bed bugs, sheets were quite comfortable and pillows too. (Definitely not a Marriott). We found the room to be clean (even the carpeting) and the bathroom was roomy. The shower had white/cream paint drips all over it but we figured it was probably covering some stains. The room was clean, the lady at the desk was very pleasant. We did not eat the complimentary breakfast as we departed for the annual Turkey Trott race/walk. There was a blow dryer,l nice tv and plenty of outlets for our phones and camera to re charge. My husband had been mad I took the risk on a cheap room and feared bed bugs. But there were none and he said when we left, "I'd stay here again".

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaurieSusan
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I stayed here in the middle of November and I would have to say it was absolutely horrible.

The neighborhood ( after talking with some of the locals) is located in a horrible part of town. There were bums hanging out in front of the hotel and all over the street. I was approached for money twice and it made me feel unsafe nevertheless. It looked twice as bad at night.

The breakfast was actually pretty good and there were both cold and hot items to choose from. Everything tasted good and was fresh. My only complaint was with the male performing the breakfast. It was nearly impossible to prepare for my morning's business because the man hosting the breakfast kept on interrupting me in a very obnoxious manner every five minutes. I did not want to be rude but he should really limit his conversation to patrons to a good morning how are you.

The bed was very comfortable but that's about it. With the hotel being pet-friendly, be prepared to be placed in rooms that smell like wet animals and fleas. I received 3 bite marks located on my left ankle the morning of my departure. I was very unhappy and very disgusted to say the least.

The lone bright spot within the whole hotel establishment was the front desk staff. Everyone was very nice and professional and helped me thoroughly with directions and what not. The lady in the morning and the young man on the 3rd shift were the highlights of my stay. Both were very friendly and should be given raises for their positive attitudes while working at a hotel in that condition.

Overall I was very unsatisfied and will not be returning to conduct my future business.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank NashvilleVixon
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stay at LQ properties very often. This one is rather old, worn down. There were mildew stains in the bathroom. The breakfast was skimpy, they had the standard high-fat muffins which I wish they'd omit. But, it was only $35, so overall it was worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
lq6222gm, General Manager at Stadium Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2009

Again this is not for this location. Our rates range from $69 to $129 per night and we never offer a $35. rate. We also have a full HOT breakfast with scrambled eggs, Sausage, Biscuts, Gravy and the usual cold items. This response is obviously directed at the other LaQuinta location in Chattanooga.