Stadium Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The Dwell Hotel(Chattanooga)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesclose to downtownstaff was friendlyoff the highwaybiscuits and gravyfree breakfastdowntown chattanoogachattanooga choo choopetcerealmicrowaveaquarium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived I found that the person at the desk hadn't been informed of my new arrival date although the person on the phone told me it was all set.

The first impression of the outside was shabby. The lobby looked more promising and the staff was friendly. The dog was no problem.

The appearance of the halls leading to our room was shabby but the room looked OK. My brother cleaned some scum off the sink.

The pet area was very far from our room. They were renovating the rooms that were close so things should be improved in the future. The paint fumes as you walked down the hall were strong.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2013

stayed in October 2013. Yes, some of the public areas are in need of minor renovation, but it appears that renovations are currently in progress.

Staff was friendly and attentive. I did not have any issues, but they seemed to respond quickly to a few maintenance issues that I overheard while at the front desk.

Breakfast was OK and well stocked.

The room I was in looked almost brand new. The paint was fresh, carpet as clean, and most of the furniture looked new as well. The room had a more contemporary color scheme with gold and red. The bathroom was nearly spotless....new fixtures, new tile.

Location was decent for the price. Not within walking distance of downtown, but it's an easy 5 minute drive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DanL-Atl
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Motel appeared very clean and nice. It is located near the Interstate and is convenient for travelers. I stayed at this motel because I had a family member in the nearby children's hospital and they were very accommodating. Free breakfast was outstanding on a weekday morning. It included eggs, biscuits, gravy, 'make you own' waffles along with a good assortment of cereals, breads and beverages. Will definitely stay at this motel the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Even though close to Interstate, I experienced no road noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BobP99
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I were returning from a vacation in FL, where we had taken our two dogs with us. We stay with LQ because they are a pet friendly company. My first tip off to re-consider my decision, was the cigarette device immediately outside of the door where the code key (credit card) would not work. Inside was the smallest hotel/motel room I have ever been in.

The web page claimed they had flat screen TV's in the room we selected ..... nope. When was the last time you have seen a 21" Zenith TV?

Add to the above: One garbage can, no clock/radio, walls had hand/foot prints, smallest refrigerator/microwave on the planet.

The hair dryer in the smallest bathroom on the planet, had been ripped out but the mounting plate was present for duty. My wife (she's a soaker) was forced to take a shower, as the tub had no plug.

Upon returning from our dinner downtown, I noticed that the fire point in the hallway had no hose attached to it.

I am not sure if this is a LQ franchise that belong to whoever, but the department of public health, or the fire department, need to visit this place.

In all fairness the counter personnel were great.

Last comment, we stayed because we had driven ten hours that day and were not in the mood to locate another facility. Seriously ...........avoid at all cost!

Room Tip: Find another hotel period. The neighborhood is scary, and I'm from Chicago.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ChiTownMonk
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I thought this hotel was an excellent value for what it offered. The rooms are nice with newer amenities and ample space. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and well presented. The free parking is always nice.

The hotel is conveniently located to the interstate but the general area is more commercial without restaurants and shops within walking distance. It is not a "downtown" hotel even if it is within city limits.

I love dogs but was not traveling with one. It seemed like I was put on the pet floor because there were dogs in the hallways almost every time I left or returned to room. The carpets on my (2nd) floor hallway were badly stained. Maybe due to pets but looked bad.

This was my second stay at this hotel and it suited my needs during my visit. If I were going to Chattanooga without a rental car or with my spouse for touring, I probably would choose a different hotel more conveniently located to the attractions.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo