“Renovation”

Ranked #53 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Renovation”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I reserved a room for a couple nights, not knowing the hotel was under renovation (why would they disclose that?). After reading such negative reviews, I wanted to make sure I got a room that was renovated. Upon calling, they told me they were unable to guarantee me a renovated room. I cancelled my reservations, and they didn't seem to mind at all. Not very accomodating.

Room Tip: 5th and 4th floors are renovated, but you cannot request them. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tennessee_87
Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Please accept my apology for the reservation process. Although we have many renovated rooms, we are constantly booking reservations. We can't guarantee a renovated room but do everything we can to put our guests in one. Our front desk has received many compliments from guests who have stayed with us, so I don't know who you spoke with. I am very sorry for the way you were made to feel, and I can assure you we do care. Please call me direct should you ever come back to Chattanooga and I will personally take care of your reservation.

Connie Starnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The LaQuinta Hotel near downtown Chattanooga is allegedly "under renovation" but the evidence around this decaying, sad old remnant of a once-proud chain is just not there. Ancient elevators laboriously drag you to the top floor where the new, renovated rooms are located. New door-locks work okay but the door sticks and is difficult to open. The shower head was not installed properly and the exhaust fan switch was wired backward so that you had to place the switch in the off position to make it work. Electric outlet plates are not secured to the walls and could present a hazard for travelers with small children. The neighborhood is run-down and prompts you to consider security. The breakfast is pathetic.... The Tennessee state and local taxes will add an unpleasant surprise to your bill... Run away...

Room Tip: Choose a good room in another hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Navigator414
Please except my sincerest apology for the issues you encountered during your stay. It is because of the issues that you encountered that we are renovating the hotel. It takes a lot time to renovate 103 rooms but we are making great progress. We are at the edge of town which is more industrial. I can only say that we are very sorry and hope that you would revisit once the entire renovation is completed.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just underwent renovations and they have a great job. Very clean and friendly. Beds are great and so is the breakfast. Best hotel I have ever stayed at that's in our price range. Very happy with what we got for our money.
We will be back in September.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit.

Thanks again,

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My two children and I arrived at 8:30 PM and the drive in was interesting and caused me to lock our doors. Upon arriving in the parking lot the homeless people loitering in the parking lot were intimidating and I decided to not get out of the car with my kids due to safety concerns. The view of the windows and rooms showed shabby conditions and the parking lot was poorly lit in areas. I was extremely disappointed and decided to take my business elsewhere as upon waiting in the car only to find more questionable characters arriving. I do not feel being approached by homeless people in my hotel reservation parking lot is a safe way to begin my stay in Chattanooga, I think they should make their pictures accurate of the property and hire security to keep the parking lot safe and secure for their patrons. We left and went to the downtown Marriot and for $30 more had a pleasurable experience! Laquinta charged me the full room rate which I am not disputing. Do NOT waste your time staying here. I will update this to say they refunded me if they are kind enough to honor my request.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessica H
I am so very sorry that you were uncomfortable upon your arrival to the hotel. As you would not have known, we have quite a few contractors coming and going from the hotel at all hours of the day and night as we are in the midst of a full scale renovation. We do have night security but was not in the area as the contractors go outside for breaks. We have never had a gathering of homeless people in our parking lots. We have security to run off anyone who doesn't belong or call the police to have them removed. Again I do apologize for the scare but I assure you these were contractors as we have security that walks the perimeters.

El Dorado Springs, MO
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was the worse hotel we ever stayed in. I knew we were in trouble when I saw how dirty the entrance doors were. It only got worse from there. The desk clerks were friendly and courteous. Our bed sheets were clean and that is about the only good thing that could be said. Hall walls were dirty and the carpets were dirty and stained with who knows what. Our room carpets were so dirty that we put the dog's bed in our bed with us. Seemed to be a seedy area so we used a lot of caution. I see from another posting that a person was murdered the night before we stayed there. Did not eat breakfast there for obvious reasons.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank seafoodjunkiestan
Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I am so deeply sorry about the issues that you encountered during your stay. The front doors have been painted but we experience a lot of traffic through those doors and they continually get dirty. The hallway walls are continually scratched by pets and luggage. We try to keep them clean and that is a daily chore for any hotel. We are renovating the hotel and have completed floors 4 & 5 and are working on the third floor. Each room is getting new tile, carpet, furniture and bedding. New Flat screen TV's are going in as well. You stayed in one of the un-renovated rooms by your description and again I apologize. There was no one killed or injured in our hotel, there was a family dispute here and the police took care of it. I have not experienced or seen violence in this area in the 1.5 years that I have worked here. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to make a good impression. Call me direct and I will make sure you are in a renovated room.