“Outstanding Hotel with helpful staff”
Review of Stadium Inn

Stadium Inn
Ranked #55 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Pensacola, Florida
“Outstanding Hotel with helpful staff”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night of the Elton John concert on March 23 2013. The staff was extremely helpful, aiding me with getting an extension cord for me and my wife's CPAP machines (Used because of Sleep Apnea). Although the building is a little dated (they are currently updating it now), it was extremely clean, well maintained, and located conveniently close to downtown Chattanooga. This La Quinta also served a free hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, and the normal rolls and bagels, as well as fruit juices. You cannot beat the value with this hotel. Would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I hope you will stay with us again and enjoy our new renovation.

Connie Starnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Carollton, GA
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Well you get what you pay for !!!! Where do I begin. This place is in a weird location off the interstate. We could not get the air to work or the hot water with low water pressure. The worst part was we were awaken at 4:00 am this morning with LOUD DRUNKS or STAFF not sure which yelling and screaming in the room next to us. We tried several times to call the front desk, apparently they don't answer the phone. My husband had to get dressed to go to the front desk and complain. They did call the room and we were so frustrated and angry we just left at 4:30 am! I do not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and enjoy your stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I do apologize for the noise you encountered. I hope you can understand that we do not control our guests behaviors. In checking, the desk Clerk had gone to the restroom, but was at fault for not having the phones covered. We address every issue that we can, but I assure you it was not my staff that was drinking and creating noise. We have security cameras throughout the hotel and I do apologize again for the noise, but there is not a lot that we can do when a guest continues bad behavior.

Snellville, GA
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Recently stayed at the La Quinta Inn Chattanooga downtown location as part of a girl’s trip for President’s Day Weekend. Our stay there was pleasant. We booked through Hotwire, so did not know which hotel we were getting until payment was submitted. I hoping to book a hotel that was on the shuttle line, so we could just utilize the shuttle instead of paying for parking. La Quinta is right off of the freeway exit, and a few exits from downtown. I am sure you could travel the surface streets, but GPS had me using the freeway for all travels. Also, the location made it easy to access other Chattanooga locations such as the mall.

There was a sign in the lobby that mentioned renovations, however, I didn’t notice any construction. We checked into a room with a spacious king sized bed on the 2nd floor (See note about booking through Hotwire). The bed was extremely comfortable, and we had plenty of pillows. The rooms seem recently updated. It came with a microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom was nice, and extremely clean. However, it you are staying more than one night, you will have to request turnover service. Housekeeping will not come in to make up the beds, empty the trash, or replace towels if needed because we were staying multiple nights. So if you want this, make sure to inform the front desk, or call down there.

The hotel serves the typical hot breakfast of make your own waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs (the hockey puck shaped kind) biscuits, pastries, bread products, fruit, juices, and coffee/tea. One thing I always noticed is the hotels usually only have one waffle iron, which is awful when there is a crowd. Fortunately, they had two waffle irons, so there was little to no wait for waffles. Tea and coffee is available all day.

It was too cold to use the outdoor pool, but it was a looking size. Also, they had grills outside for customer use. My friend insisted we work out during our trip, so we went down to the workout room. It was spacious, with multiple treadmills and elliptical machines. It’s bilateral with a couple of stairs, and each level had a television. There was a water cooler that was missing the water jug. My friend enjoyed her workout. I went back upstairs to enjoy the cable and premium movie channels.

We enjoyed our stay as the staff was friendly. As too females, we did not feel unsafe at all. We would stay there again.

Hotwire note: Hotwire guarantees to the room will sleep the number of people included in the search. I indicated two people and wound up with a king sized bed. Because of the busy weekend, we could not change rooms, and Hotwire is nonrefundable. So if you are booking through Hotwire, and want to ensure that the room is a double, then indicate that 3 or more people are traveling.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Chattanooga. You will love our new renovated rooms.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We arrived here, and were immediately skeptical of the area. We walked into the hotel, and were even more skeptical.
The walls are dirty. The carpet is dirty. We wouldn't even walk in our room without socks on.
The staff was nice. I'll give them that. The desk staff was very accommodating, as was the breakfast attendant. No problems whatsoever there. However, it seemed that there were some guys there just "hanging out" in the lobby area with the desk guy. Not sure what they were doing. Not sure if they were maintenance people or what. Young guys. No identifying badges or anything. Just sitting on the couch/chair area just beyond the desk. But if they were part of the maintenance staff, put a can of paint in their hand, and put them to work on touch up. All it takes is EFFORT.
Breakfast was fine. The guy attending the breakfast area was helpful, and courteous. He is to be commended for his work there.
The desk guy said that the carpet was being replaced in the hotel, and that the hotel was under renovation. Once this phase is complete, maybe it will be better, but until then,find another propoerty to stay at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are currently finishing up the 4th floor on our renovations. The hotel public areas are cleaned daily, but touchups on painted walls are done weekly. Guests luggage scrape our walls and it is very difficult to keep painted especially when all maintenance staff is assisting the renovation process. Each room has new paint, new carpet, new furniture, new bedding, new door locks, new TVs. I do hope you will try us again as I am sure, you will not be disappointed.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel was in a bad part of town so we didn't feel safe. The towels smelled weird and were beginning to fall apart. The tub faucet was falling off the wall and there were clearly many places where mold had been painted over. Of the few TV channels they offered, many were fuzzy. Our view was of the pool that was full of green algae.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, ask for a room not facing the highway for noise level.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I would like to address your issues. We are in a safe part of town. I have been here a year with not a single occurance. As a downtown hotel, we encounter an occasional homeless person, but we do not allow them on property. Maintence should have taken care of the the tub faucet, and this has been addressed. We are putting in new Flat panel LCD TVs which should correct the cable connection issue. Our pool is drained every 3rd week of April, painted, then refilled to open in May. There is nothing that we can do about the green in the water until that time. We are under full renovation, so I hope you will try us again. You will not be disappointed.

Silver Springs, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was greeted by a very friendly hotel professional and checked in in less than a minute. The staff was very helpful with suggesting places to eat and cocktails. My wife and I would stay there again. By the way renovation is happening there and we look forward to staying there again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. We are finishing up the 4th floor which gives us two fully renovated floors. I do hope you will stay with us again and enjoy our new look!

Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Short: The staff was not up to typical La Quinta standards. One employee, particularly, made for a couple of uncomfortable situations. The location is ALMOST great. Very close to downtown activities, but the block surrounding the hotel seemed sketchy. We drove a couple blocks north, parked, and walked around most of the night. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was generous and well-stocked. We will return for another stay.

The Long: Upon checking in, we requested a late check out. The gentleman working with me asked what time we would like. Instead of noon, I asked to have until 2:00pm. Before he could respond, a young woman with her back toward us said "we can do 1:00pm". The tone of her voice was harsh. We graciously agreed to the one extra hour and continued our check in. Our room was spacious and clean. We put down some blankets for the dogs and we were all settled in. The bathroom was clean, adequately-sized, with a shower strong enough to make you feel like it did something. Our ground-floor room was quiet and comfortable. It was a good night's rest. The Bright Side Breakfast provided the next morning was quite generous. The staff worked hard to keep the food choices stocked up. It was a satisfying meal that got us through to lunch. We set out for a morning of exploring Chattanooga. We returned to the hotel at about 12:30. We found a plate of warm cookies waiting for guests in the lobby. We were also "greeted" by the same young woman from the front desk the previous day. She brashly approached us saying "are you checking out today?". We reminded her that we had asked for a late checkout and that she had generously offered us an extra hour. She said she was not aware of our late check out. It appears the note she wrote herself was not delivered. We packed up and were ready to go, shortly before 1:00pm. We checked out with no problems. We will stay again, primarily because of the location and of La Quinta's realistic pet welcoming policy. With the noted exception of the one young woman, the staff we worked with was quite friendly, welcoming, and professional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheWellnessLab
Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for bringing your issues to my attention. Unfortunately we are training new front desk agents, and sometimes we have to also train them in customer service. I am so very sorry for the mix up and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.