“Chattanooga Choo Choo”
Review of Stadium Inn

Stadium Inn
Ranked #54 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was greeted by a very friendly hotel professional and checked in in less than a minute. The staff was very helpful with suggesting places to eat and cocktails. My wife and I would stay there again. By the way renovation is happening there and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are finishing up the 4th floor which gives us two fully renovated floors. I do hope you will stay with us again and enjoy our new look!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Short: The staff was not up to typical La Quinta standards. One employee, particularly, made for a couple of uncomfortable situations. The location is ALMOST great. Very close to downtown activities, but the block surrounding the hotel seemed sketchy. We drove a couple blocks north, parked, and walked around most of the night. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was generous and well-stocked. We will return for another stay.

The Long: Upon checking in, we requested a late check out. The gentleman working with me asked what time we would like. Instead of noon, I asked to have until 2:00pm. Before he could respond, a young woman with her back toward us said "we can do 1:00pm". The tone of her voice was harsh. We graciously agreed to the one extra hour and continued our check in. Our room was spacious and clean. We put down some blankets for the dogs and we were all settled in. The bathroom was clean, adequately-sized, with a shower strong enough to make you feel like it did something. Our ground-floor room was quiet and comfortable. It was a good night's rest. The Bright Side Breakfast provided the next morning was quite generous. The staff worked hard to keep the food choices stocked up. It was a satisfying meal that got us through to lunch. We set out for a morning of exploring Chattanooga. We returned to the hotel at about 12:30. We found a plate of warm cookies waiting for guests in the lobby. We were also "greeted" by the same young woman from the front desk the previous day. She brashly approached us saying "are you checking out today?". We reminded her that we had asked for a late checkout and that she had generously offered us an extra hour. She said she was not aware of our late check out. It appears the note she wrote herself was not delivered. We packed up and were ready to go, shortly before 1:00pm. We checked out with no problems. We will stay again, primarily because of the location and of La Quinta's realistic pet welcoming policy. With the noted exception of the one young woman, the staff we worked with was quite friendly, welcoming, and professional.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheWellnessLab
Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you so much for bringing your issues to my attention. Unfortunately we are training new front desk agents, and sometimes we have to also train them in customer service. I am so very sorry for the mix up and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The best thing I can say about this hotel is the staff were great. The hotel is difficult to find and when you find it the neighbor leaves a lot to be desired. I was traveling alone and arriving late in the evening and definitely did not feel confortable. The bed was hard as a rock and felt like it was a platform bed. The room elevator, hallways and rooms have definitely seen better days. The hotel was as clean as it could be under well warn conditions. There is absolutely no soundproofing in this hotel. I heard every workman that left and every door that opened and closed. I left as early as I could. Would not stay there again under any circumstances.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. We are in the process of a full renovation which includes new bedding. New carpet and paint throughout the hotel in rooms and hallways. I am sorry for the noise as we have many contractors working on the hotel. I can assure you that we are in a safe area of Chattanooga as I have worked here a year with no incident. I hope you will stay with us again in the future and I will personally make sure that you are in a renovated room.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this hotel due to its convenient downtown location and the cost. I had read some of the reviews online in advance and knew that the hotel was undergoing renovations. With that said, I requested a room on the 5th floor when I reserved (as I knew these rooms were already renovated). When I checked in I was placed on the third floor in an unrenovated room. The room was fair, no major issues to address. The bathtub did not have a stopper and the tv reception was terrible. Literally, over half of the channels were not viewable due to the 'fuzziness'. The worst part of the hotel was the fitness center. Understanding that hotel fitness centers are very limited I was not expecting much. But when I walked in there were 2 treadmills (1 was broken and the other was very old), 1 elyptical and some medicine balls. A suggestion to the hotel is to buy a universal machine or at least some dumbbells for the center. If I was staying here more that 1 night this would have been an issue.

Overall, not a bad stay for the price, but definitely still have some work to do.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. You will pleased to know that the Fitness Center will be updated with new equipment as part of our renovation. Once all the guest rooms are done, we will be working on the lobby, fitness area and our public areas. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Recently had to travel for a memorial service for a loved one who passed. It was a VERY unexpected event, with travel plans being made on the fly. I booked the La Quinta the day before I left. After an 11 hour drive, all I wanted to do was lay down on a clean bed, in a quiet room. This hotel was perfect for that purpose. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The coffee was superb at the continental breakfast. Most importantly, the housekeeping staff respected the Do Not Disturb sign.

Pros: Very friendly staff, clean room, good coffee.
Cons: Neighborhood seemed a little sketchy, bed was pretty firm but that is just personal taste.

Given the nature of the trip, I am glad to have had a sold place to stay that didn't present any added issues. Thank you to the staff of La Quinta Chattanooga.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JayeMills

Thank you for chosing the LaQuinta for your stay and please accept my sincerest apology for your loss. We are in the process of great renovations and hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Please give me a call anytime you visit Chattanooga again and I will personally take care of your reservation.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place is very convenient to I-24 and that was the primary reason we stopped here. It is in very bad need of remodeling and was undergoing a lot of work while we were there (a fact that was NOT told to us at booking). So the place was in very much disarray and there was a lot of noise when they were moving things in and out. Parking was very tight since they had a lot of containers taking up room in the parking lot. The tub in our room had large chunk of the paint that had been used to cover the old tub missing and it looked very off putting. The cable was in and out and mostly out or very snowy. The staff was exceptionally friendly. I would wait until they finish the remodeling before I would stay here.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wohali50

We are doing a lot of wonderful renovations, one of which is new flat panel LCD televisions in every room. I apologize they were not available during your stay, however we now have them on 3 floors. I apologize for the disarray but renovating a hotel is a massive undertaking with large work crews doing what they can daily. I do hope you will stay with us again, and call me directly for your reservation. I am available should you have any questions.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed one night and was not impressed by this property. Our king room was small with only one desk chair to sit on. The carpeting throughout the hotel was stained including that in our room. While the bathroom was clean, the enamel in the tub was peeling. The elevator worked, but again it had seen better days. Was disappointed in this particlar LaQuinta property. On the plus side, the staff were very friendly. I wouldn't stay here again unless updates are completed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheRudys

I apologize for the issues you encountered while staying with us. We are under renovation and have completed one and one half floors. I know that doesn't help with your stay, but we are doing a lot of wonderful changes to our guest rooms. I do hope you will stay with us again and I know that you will have a much better stay. Please call me and I will personally book your reservation and put you into one of our renovated rooms and I offer you a discount for your next stay.