“Needs Work” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
St. Charles, Missouri
“Needs Work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Yes, the carpet is stained; everywhere. The walls are thin; could easily hear the TV in the next room. Area is somewhat sketchy; heard police sirens more than once in the night. One way streets surrounding hotel make it difficult to approach. Bed and HVAC unit were both noisy. Having said all that I must add that the staff were very friendly, the breakfast was above average, the property is very close to some nice downtown restaurants and I saw evidence that a major remodeling project is in the works.

Room Tip: Wait six months until after they are done remodeling.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank You for your review. We are in the middle of a massive remodeling task that will be completed by the end of March. New furniture, flat screen tvs, paint, bedding and carpet. It a time consuming task but we are diligently working to make our guests happier in their stay.

Connie Starnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Room reaked of mold and cigarettes. Carpet was stained in several places. Was told there were no other rooms. Charged $109 for the night when the listed price is $69. Sketchy neighborhood. Will never stay at this chain again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I truly and sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We are in the middle of a renovation but can only close off one floor at a time. We are making wonderful changes with the renovation. I ask that you give us another try and ask for me. I will personally take care of the reservation and promise you won't be disappointed. We are listening to our guests and appreciate each and every one.

Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here as it was the best deal on a visit to Chattanooga. Service was friendly and rooms where clean. They had a good breakfast. Would stay again. The only thing that was'nt good was the location, but it was'nt terrible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review.. We are in the middle of a renovation but can only close off one floor at a time. We are making wonderful changes with the renovation. I hope that you give us another try and ask for me. I will personally take care of the reservation and promise you won't be disappointed. We are at the edge of downtown, but in a safe area surrounded by business owners.

tell city
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Not worth much of my time so I will make this quick. 1st room- carpet heavily stained. 2nd room - carpet stained, something on toilet seat (looked like urine), and used shampoo bottle compliments of the hotel. 3rd room - i'll let the pictures do the talking. Staff was friendly. The manager checked the 3rd room before giving it to us saying "this room should suit you". When we saw the room we took the pictures and called him back up to walk through the room with us so we don't get charged for it. When we decided to just go ahead and leave, my husband asked if we were getting all the money refunded and the manager said "if there are no damages done to the room". Seriously?! I know he probably has to say that but he just saw the room and it's condition. I know, I know, the rooms are being renovated. I can tell you anything from floor 4 and down have not been. I also thought they were newly renovated 2 yrs ago when we were here last. Which, by the way, we had an aweful experience then too. Yup! This WAS the second chance. We are done with this hotel and have found a new place to stay when we visit Chattanooga, TN.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank kkdeloach80
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I truly and sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We are in the middle of a renovation but can only close off one floor at a time. We are making wonderful changes with the renovation. I ask that you give us another try and ask for me. I will personally take care of the resovation and promise you won't be disappointed. We are listening to our guests and appreciate each and every one.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is filthy! They changed our room 3 different times and still the same outcome.... Stained floors, lights that are falling off the wall, urine on the seat and graffiti in the bathroom. The only thing we got from the manager is sorry we are sold out!!!!
Please run the other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to write your review. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. There is no excuse for what you went through. We are currently under renovation on the top floor and working our way down. I know this does not change your opinion, but I do hope you will try us again in the future. I will personally make sure that your stay will be beyond satisfactory. Please call me if you have any questions that I might assist with.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

very friendly and helpful clean rooms and gerat breakfest got off wrong exit and front desk directed me right to hotel. beds were very comfortable since we just got off the road from driving 12hrs straight.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Connie S, Director of Sales at Stadium Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to write your review. We apprciate your comments and hope you will stay with us again soon.

knoxville, tn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My sister and I stayed in this hotel Oct 5-7. I had researched the hotel and read previous reviews. This review shows how 1 problem can ruin a stay and a review. 1st the hotel is nice and clean. our room was nice, bathroom clean, no problems with the carpet as mentioned in previous reviews.
However our stay for me was ruined the 2nd night when we returned after our ghost tour to pull into the hotel property to have 3 men come across the street and follow our car and surround it. My sister pulled over in front of the door and called hotel security. They did come out and escorted us in.We were told there was a birthday party going on at the hotel and they were being a little "rowdy". However the problem didn't end there. Over an hour later an alarm goes off in the hotel telling guest to evacuate the hotel. My first thought and most of the other guest were that someone from the party going on pulled the fire alarm. None of this however is La Quinta's fault, however their reaction or lack of reaction is.
No member of the La Quinta staff came out to the parking lot where all the "guest" are waiting to talk to us. They never let us know rather it was real or not. They did not let us know when we could go back into the hotel. It was chilly and we were for the most part outside in our evening clothes many families with kids. This is terrible customer service!!
The excuse my sister received was that there was only 1 member of management on the premises and she couldn't leave her desk. I DON'T CARE!! It was over an hour between when we called security and the fire alarm went off. The manager should have called for help.
As I said all of this was adressed with a manager but not to my satisfaction. And there was never a proper apology.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for taking the time to write your review. I am truly and sincerely sorry for the disruptive group. It took time for our staff to evaluate if this was a prank or a real threat, but their first instinct was to protect our guests and if this was indeed a threat. Again, I apologize for the entire incident. I do hope that you will stay with us again. We are under renovation and I know you will love our new look. Ask for me, and I will personally take care of everything for you.