Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga/near Hamilton P
Ranked #74 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed September 27, 2012

perfect for my need. very clean. staff very polite and professional. great pricing. location great for eating, etc... i would definitely reccomend to friends passing through the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga/near Hamilton P

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the second time we stayed. The sheets were stained but not as badly as the last time. The pillows were flat and hard. The towels and washcloths were old and stained. Thwre was mildew on the bathroom ceiling. The rooms don't have irons.The La Quinta Inn above it is much older, but it is kept much better. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Awesome place, with nice rooms, cozy beds, courteous staff, and the location is great. It is only 10 mins from all of the attractions. The rooms are neatly arranged, using all spare space, so it looks clean. The room came with an extra bed on the window sill, which was nice. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We checked in at 12:30 am to room 323 and checked out at 1:30 am. Upon entering the lobby the room was old and smokey. The concierge didn't greet us and when she did, she did it with a slight attitude of " I don't want to be here". After getting our keys we went on the elevator that reeked of smoke and got to the nonsmoking third floor which also reeked of smoke and entered our nonsmoking room that, you guessed it, also reeked of smoke. Since it was so late we were going to try to deal with the room until the following day but around 1 am marijuana smells starting seeping under our door and that was enough. We booked another hotel nearby and checked out. Another thing, since we stayed in the room for an hour they wanted to charge us for the night. We are now dealing with Expedia who is trying to charge us room cancelation fees despite our complete dissatisfaction.

Room Tip: Never stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

For a little more than $40 per night, this was a bargain! The hotel was quiet, the beds were comfortable and for the most part the rooms were clean. Some of the furniture could be replaced but this is not the The Ritz. Someone had mentioned that their car was broken into. I felt pretty safe regardless of the time I came in. If a car was vandalized, it may or may not be someone at the hotel. A new hotel is being built across the Microtel; if vandalism took place, it could have been one of the construction workers. The area seems safe with a number of hotels/Motels (Super 8, Hilton, etc). in the area. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marcyNewYork
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The room was clean! There was mold in the bathroom! The air conditioner did not work that great! The breakfast was poor to average! Would have liked some fresh fruit! I would not stay here again! Mainly because of the mold and the fact that the air conditioner cut in and out all night and we roasted all night!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Soon H, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga/near Hamilton P, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Harnsada,

I apologize for the inconveniences you've had to deal with. I know this makes for an unpleasant end to a great trip or an unpleasant beginning. I have brought your concerns of the mold and A/C unit to maintenance and they are currently working on getting the problem solved. I am also sorry that you found our breakfast less then satisfactory. I apologize again.

The next time you are in the Chattanooga area I hope that you will give us another try. If you have any other concerns please feel free to contact me.

Best,
Soon Han
423-510-0761

Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel is nothing but trash. We ended staying in our clothes and shoes because the bed was covered in cig burns - non smoking room. Total trash.
Room is worth nothing more than 99 cents a night. If you like living like trash this is a place for you

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Architectreviewer
soon h, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga/near Hamilton P, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

I want to thank you for first of all choosing to stay with us and taking the time to fill out a review. I'm sorry for your unsatisfactory stay. I apologize that you did not find our property up to your standards. I am expressing your concerns about the linens with our housekeeping department. We are renovating the property by different items and the next item that we are replacing are our linens.

Again I apologize about your unsatisfactory stay. I do hope that the next time you are traveling to Chattanooga that you will give us another chance. If you have any other concerns please feel to contact me personally.

Soon Han