“Late night check in”

Ranked #34 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Late night check in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Would have given a five but slow check in and desk clerk not friendly at all. Room very nice and comfortable bed. As quiet as any room I've been in. Breakfast alot better than most. Would stay here agin.

1 Thank suewdf
Alicia L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear suewdf,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of your room, especially after a long trip and a late night check in. I am sure you were ready to relax and I am glad that we were able to offer a comfortable bed for you to do so!

Please accept my sincere apologies if you were left to feel disappointed with the efficiency of check in and the friendliness of the front desk clerk. In short, it is our ultimate goal to exceed our guests’ expectations and to ensure satisfaction, and I am sorry that we fell short.

I hope that you will give us an opportunity to provide you with a superior experience at the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Alliston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Where do I start!
The hotel is conveniently located at exit 1 on I-75. Hotel appears to have been recently renotated, everything was bright and clean. The receptionist was cheery, and very helpful.
The room was nicely decorated, this Hotel is a plus for a reason, the bathroom was spotless, the tub did not have any of that black gungy stuff around the edges. The BED was delightful. Best nights sleep I had on the whole trip. The mattress seemed to cuddle around you, just what you would imagine sleeping on a cloud would be like. The inroom directory had prices for various items in the room, ie: towels, hair dryer, but nothing was mentioned about a mattress, when I enquired at the receptionist desk in the morning, she did not know where it could be purchased.
Breakfast area very large with lots of tables. Lots of excellent choices on the free buffet, and the beverage area was away from the eating area, so individuals wanting to travel with a drink, where not infering with the guests trying to get breakfast. Loved the pancake maker, neater than the old fashion waffle maker.
Nothing is ever perfect, and I have several concers. The handicap entrance, at the West side of the building had several stairs, also inside at that entrance there was a protution in the floor covered with the carpeting, I would have fallen had I not had my cane to steady me.
If ever in the area, I would stay again.

Dear AllistonGrandma,

On behalf of our team, we are very pleased to read of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites! Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for complimenting our team for their helpfulness, our wonderful maid staff for keeping the rooms spotless, and our dynamic breakfast team who puts together a marvelous spread!

I am pleased to read that you "slept on a cloud!" Many guests have boosted about our comfortable mattresses. I have inquired where one can be purchased and I will contact you directly once I track down the answer!

I thank you for also offering some suggestions for improvements. We welcome all feedback from our valued guests! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our maintenance team.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and business. Next time you are traveling on I-75 please stop in and visit with us!
Minneapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

From the first step in the door a lack of hospitality. No desk person arrived and almost ten minutes passed before the arrival and which time four people were waiting. No apology for no one being present. Room was clean enough. Beds were comfortable Breakfast was mediocre at best with stale, left over tasting sweet rolls on a Saturday morning. Only one person on duty at checkout resulting in a wait. A definite lack of hospitality.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScottStPaul
Alicia L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear ScottStPaul,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

I apologize that there was not a front desk employee there upon your arrival. After a long day of traveling I understand that this would be frustrating. Your impressions of our hotel are not like many that have stayed with us, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future. Our team strives daily to exceed expectations and we are terribly sorry that you were left to feel disappointed.

With that said, I am very happy to read your positive comments about our comfortable beds as well as the cleanliness of your room. Thanks once again for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I helped arrange the stay at this Best Western for my daughter's team. They made me a hero !!
The girls and chaperones/coaches loved the spacious, spotlessly clean rooms. The breakfast buffet had something for everyone-no one left hungry !!! The staff was friendly and professional.
I wanted a clean, safe, nice hotel for the girls and Best Western got the job done !!! The arrangements were easy and the customized key cards were a huge hit. We will be staying here
for our next Chattanooga competition and I am also recommending it for my son's summer lacrosse tournament. Very pleased we chose this hotel !!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Floridafunfamily,
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. We are absolutely thrilled to know that the staff was outstanding! We always try to go the extra mile with each one of our guests, and I am glad that our efforts were appreciated. We are glad to welcome you back in the near future for another great experience! See you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We loved staying in this hotel.

Highlights :

It's located just outside of the city.
The room was huge!
The mattress was perfect.
Everything was incredibly clean. Bathroom fixtures looked like new, remotes for the two big screen TVs were brand new.
The free breakfast was great quality food and a good start to the day. (bacon, eggs, biscuits an gravy.)
Great price.

We'll stay here next time we're in the area, for sure.

• Stayed March 2013
Alicia L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear caffeinatedjess,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are always happy to know we have met our guests expectations. Thank you for all the nice comments. We hope to see you again soon! Perhaps next time you stay it will be warm enough for you to check out our wonderful full size outdoor pool and magnificent poolside suites! Safe travels!
Jonesboro, Georgia, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I checked in late that evening. Checkin was smooth & the front desk clerk was very professional. I got a great night's rest & then headed on further into Tennessee on business. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alicia L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Tom G,
We are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel! Your review is the exact experience we want every guest staying with us to have when departing our hotel property. Thank you kindly for your kind words and for taking the time out of your day to post your experience with us on TripAdvisor. Should your travels bring you back to the Chattanooga area we hope you will choose the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

When we arrived, we found there weren't many other guests, so it was relatively quiet during our stay.

The breakfast area was huge - there were plenty of tables, even if there had been more guests. This is a rarity in a lot of hotels. The breakfast was good, and there was plenty of variety. They had either scrambled eggs or egg "patties," sausage, and biscuits and gravy, along with doughnuts, muffins, and bagels and bread for toast. Also, there was cereal and oatmeal, juices, and coffee and tea, and a pancake maker that was a bit fussy during our stay. The woman who stocked the breakfast area the first two mornings was very pleasant and made sure we had everything we needed. On the third morning, the woman did a good job, but wasn't as friendly as the first one.

The rooms are very reasonably sized and appear recently remodeled. We had a king sized bed with a very firm mattress, a desk and desk chair, and a chair and ottoman in the corner. Housekeeping does a decent job with keeping the rooms clean. My biggest concern when staying in a hotel is cleanliness, and they did a good job.

There were a couple of cons - for one, noise traveled BADLY. We were near the ice machine, which someone used constantly one of the nights - the noise went on for about 15 minutes. There was also intermittent use at other times. There was no closed captioning on the TV, and it was impossible to hear anything over all the racket from the ice machine. Another time, people were talking loudly in the hallway late at night, and could be heard clearly in our room, even though we kept the fan in the heating/cooling system on constantly to drown out noise.

The only real problem we had during our stay was with the bathtub. The only thing I could figure was that our "bathtub" was actually a soaking tub - it had a rounded bottom! There was no place in the bathtub that was flat. This made for some interesting showers. I found myself holding onto the bar on the wall so that I didn't slip and fall. There was also no mat in the bathtub and it wasn't textured, so it was slippery, as well as being sloped. This is dangerous - if we were older or not in good physical shape, I'd imagine we could have easily fallen. It was extremely disconcerting as it was.

Guests were frequently smoking right outside the rear entrance, which is extremely unpleasant. It would be nice if that was prohibited in proximity to the entrances.

Overall, the experience wasn't bad... I would stay here again. I think I might try to get a room that's not right in the main hallway, and also not right next to the ice machine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites.

It was our pleasure to provide you the comfort you deserve after a long day on the road. We greatly appreciate your business and I am very pleased that you had a wonderful stay. At the same time, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the issues you experienced with the bathtub. When we do not meet or exceed your expectations we greatly appreciate our guests letting us know. We continue to make improvements everyday, and it is feedback from guests that help us to do so.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel; and the next time your travels bring you to or through the Scenic City I hope you will include us in your overnight travel plans again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga - East Ridge
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga
#10 of 96 in Chattanooga

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Arbour Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!