“Great stay.”

Ranked #35 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Chicago, Illinois
“Great stay.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We loved staying in this hotel.

Highlights :

It's located just outside of the city.
The room was huge!
The mattress was perfect.
Everything was incredibly clean. Bathroom fixtures looked like new, remotes for the two big screen TVs were brand new.
The free breakfast was great quality food and a good start to the day. (bacon, eggs, biscuits an gravy.)
Great price.

We'll stay here next time we're in the area, for sure.

• Stayed March 2013
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear caffeinatedjess,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are always happy to know we have met our guests expectations. Thank you for all the nice comments. We hope to see you again soon! Perhaps next time you stay it will be warm enough for you to check out our wonderful full size outdoor pool and magnificent poolside suites! Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
Jonesboro, Georgia, Usa
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I checked in late that evening. Checkin was smooth & the front desk clerk was very professional. I got a great night's rest & then headed on further into Tennessee on business. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Tom G,
We are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel! Your review is the exact experience we want every guest staying with us to have when departing our hotel property. Thank you kindly for your kind words and for taking the time out of your day to post your experience with us on TripAdvisor. Should your travels bring you back to the Chattanooga area we hope you will choose the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed March 9, 2013

When we arrived, we found there weren't many other guests, so it was relatively quiet during our stay.

The breakfast area was huge - there were plenty of tables, even if there had been more guests. This is a rarity in a lot of hotels. The breakfast was good, and there was plenty of variety. They had either scrambled eggs or egg "patties," sausage, and biscuits and gravy, along with doughnuts, muffins, and bagels and bread for toast. Also, there was cereal and oatmeal, juices, and coffee and tea, and a pancake maker that was a bit fussy during our stay. The woman who stocked the breakfast area the first two mornings was very pleasant and made sure we had everything we needed. On the third morning, the woman did a good job, but wasn't as friendly as the first one.

The rooms are very reasonably sized and appear recently remodeled. We had a king sized bed with a very firm mattress, a desk and desk chair, and a chair and ottoman in the corner. Housekeeping does a decent job with keeping the rooms clean. My biggest concern when staying in a hotel is cleanliness, and they did a good job.

There were a couple of cons - for one, noise traveled BADLY. We were near the ice machine, which someone used constantly one of the nights - the noise went on for about 15 minutes. There was also intermittent use at other times. There was no closed captioning on the TV, and it was impossible to hear anything over all the racket from the ice machine. Another time, people were talking loudly in the hallway late at night, and could be heard clearly in our room, even though we kept the fan in the heating/cooling system on constantly to drown out noise.

The only real problem we had during our stay was with the bathtub. The only thing I could figure was that our "bathtub" was actually a soaking tub - it had a rounded bottom! There was no place in the bathtub that was flat. This made for some interesting showers. I found myself holding onto the bar on the wall so that I didn't slip and fall. There was also no mat in the bathtub and it wasn't textured, so it was slippery, as well as being sloped. This is dangerous - if we were older or not in good physical shape, I'd imagine we could have easily fallen. It was extremely disconcerting as it was.

Guests were frequently smoking right outside the rear entrance, which is extremely unpleasant. It would be nice if that was prohibited in proximity to the entrances.

Overall, the experience wasn't bad... I would stay here again. I think I might try to get a room that's not right in the main hallway, and also not right next to the ice machine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites.

It was our pleasure to provide you the comfort you deserve after a long day on the road. We greatly appreciate your business and I am very pleased that you had a wonderful stay. At the same time, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the issues you experienced with the bathtub. When we do not meet or exceed your expectations we greatly appreciate our guests letting us know. We continue to make improvements everyday, and it is feedback from guests that help us to do so.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel; and the next time your travels bring you to or through the Scenic City I hope you will include us in your overnight travel plans again!
ohio
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with this hotel. The rooms were ultra clean. Bathrooms were spotless. TV worked great. Beds were very comfortable. Best of the Bests. Hotel staff members were friendly and helpful. We will make a point to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank travelhappyOhio
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear travelhappyOhio,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy the fantastic amenities at our hotel and experience the perks of the extra "Plus" at the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites and truly experience the Best of the Best! Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Mayfield, Kentucky
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm a road warrior and decided to stay here because of the ratings they have earned. I'm a new fan for this property and will stay here every time I'm in this area. I just can't say enough good about it in a short rating. This property is very clean and well managed. The young lady that checked me in was the best I've encountered in a while at making sure I was informed of all their amenities. Very pleasant experience here. They have 41" TV's and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms are well lit and spacious. The breakfast area is huge and plenty of choices to eat. It just doesn't get any better for the price point you pay here. I've seen properties at twice the rate that doesn't measure up to this hotel. Did I mention this property was clean? No blacking the bottom of the tub when you step into the shower. I've marked this property as a favorite and will not stay anywhere else when Chattanooga.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Hal M
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Hal M,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Chattanooga! We loved reading your review and would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are honored to be your hotel of choice from now on and look forward to your return. Thanks again for being our guest and we wish you safe travels!

Best Regards,
Alicia L.
Social Media Manager
Tampa Bay, FL
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at this Best Western just on a overnight get away. The guy who checked me in was really nice and seemed to like his job. The rooms were clean, nice and comfortable. The decor is excellent. The only thing that I had a complaint about was the breakfast, really bad. Need to work on this, but there was a Waffle House close by that was great so breakfast isn't all that important

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Amerilenne E,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and decor, and for pointing out what an excellent staff we have! I will be sure to pass along your kind words. I am sorry that breakfast fell below your standards. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. I greatly appreciate your feedback as this is the best resource for improving guest services. Thanks once again for choosing the Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Room was beautiful and very spacious. Nice comfy bed and balcony with table and chairs. Staff very polite and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised and will definitly stay there again if I am back in that area. Reasonably priced as well!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor which overlooked the pool