“Thank You Crash Pad!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
The Crash Pad: An Uncommon Hostel
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Crash Pad with a couple of friends after a day of whitewater rafting. This was my first time at a hostel, and I was very impressed. The facility was very clean, and extra amenities such as a guest laundry, computer stations, beer cooler, and outdoor pavilion made us feel like special guests, and the hospitality shown to us by John and Al was commendable. They taught us about LEED certification, and gave us recommendations on local restaurants and nightlife, as well as a great coffee shop the next morning. These guys are very cool, and the price for a super-bunk is ridiculously cheap compared to the hotels in downtown Chattanooga. If you want to try something different, I highly recommend the Crash Pad, and I wish them nothing but success with this unique concept!

Room Tip: Private rooms are available for a higher price.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Crash Pad: An Uncommon Hostel

Reviewed June 23, 2012

My teen daughters and I just returned from 2 nights at the crash pad. It is the perfect place to stay if you need a clean place to crash. (i would not recommend this place for small kids) They have 2 Macs you can use, a communal grocery shelf for use with the free breakfast, a fridge/microwave we used for our dinner leftovers and full size laundry you can use for $2. The location is awesome: a great bakery (Niedlov's) is next door, a great pub/bar is a block away (Terminal Brewhouse), the FREE electric trolley system (CARTA) is about a block and half and the new bike share program is less than a block away. You never have to use your car while you are here unless you leave downtown Chattanooga. Side note: they have short front desk hours but are very accomidating if your schedule deviates from their hours.

Room Tip: The bunks are grouped in set of 4 so you can ask to have your group together.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank largefamilymom
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Hello, I just got back from staying a whole week at the crashpad and I really want to share what an amazing place this is. I have stayed at several hostels throughout the world and one of my favorites is the Blue Hostel in Rome Italy but the crash pad takes the cake. No, it is not hystorical like the Blue Hostel as this is an old Monastery but let me just say,this is the one cleanest, friendliest hostels I have ever stayed. The staff is amazing, John, Al, Lauren , Brent, Dan and Max are just amazing,welcoming individuals who are running a business the way it should be run. Emphasis on everything that Chattanooga has to offer to the outdoor lover who at the end of the day needs a clean, warm, welcoming and extremely affordable hostel to which in my opinion should be consider more of a boutique hotel than a hostel. They all know every single place to get your fix on climbming , bicycling, hiking, exploring, drinking some great brews, (coffee or beer) and great places to eat and have a great time. Always willing to help and answer any questions. Did I mention the quaters, super clean and the super bunks are quiet, comfortable( with the pillow top) single, fan private light , and clean crisp sheets guarantying a great night sleep.Breakfast is include it and you have everything available to make sure your gut is full and off to your day.Location is great.I was able to walk to the river front several times saving gas, and parking and able to have a few more pints. I highly recommend this tremendously great hostel and its staff. Why pay for a hotel where you are a number and not a friend. Thank you crash pad and you will see me again and again.

Room Tip: make sure you take avantage of the fire place they have it is amazing with the patio.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Alex R
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My sister and our husbands stayed at The Crash Pad this weekend and absolutely loved it! We felt at home the moment we walked in. The staff and owners not only welcomed us, but were always available with information about things to do and restaurant recommendations. They are well connected to the local community and businesses. Lots of, "Tell them you are staying at The Crash Pad and you get 10 percent off or free coffee". Many of the best restaurants in the city are within walking distance.
The hostel is very clean, beds are comfy, and the outdoor space with fire pit is really lovely. We 50ish folks enjoyed the "laid back" vibe and kicking back at The Crash Pad. The affordability is icing on the cake. With all the outdoor activities in the area, we plan to return with our 9 sons and takeover the 1st floor. Thanks Guys.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynnee62
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon this hostel when visiting Chattanooga. We had been looking at inexpensive hotels in the area, and I am SO glad we found the Crash Pad to stay instead - we loved everything about our stay here.

It is a really modern building with high end fixtures (custom woodworking, concrete counters, etc). We stayed in one of the private rooms, which had a nice big window, our own private sink, a fan for some white noise, comfy bed - everything we needed and could have wanted. The shared bathroom for showering and using the toilet was really nice and clean. There is a great outdoor space for hanging out and grilling, etc. It's so nice that there was a wedding there the day we left. Also, the location was great. There were delicious restaurants within walking distance (highly recommend Alleia!) and free transit also within walking distance to the waterfront area.

The owners/managers were super nice and helpful, seemed like really fun guys. I feel like they spared no expense when designing and building this hostel. We've stayed at numerous hostels in Europe and Latin America, and this was by FAR the nicest, cleanest one we've stayed in. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We loved having a private room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank julesofthenile
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The Crash Pad is a wonderful place to stay. My husband and I were in town over the New Year to climb. We went to bed early on New Year's Eve, (to climb hard the next day!) while staying in the bunks and all the guests were quiet and respectful. The design of the common space makes the bunk area very quiet.

We moved to a private room for the rest of our stay (because one opened up, not because we were dissatisfied with the bunks). These rooms are spacious and ours had a nice view of the beautiful patio/pavilion area.

The owners and staff are extremely welcoming and enthusiastic, asking every morning (and evening) how our stay was going. Being able to cook in the full kitchen was great, and we met a lot of nice people in the common area. The hostel is in a fun neighborhood, walkable to several bars/restaurants.

We definitely recommend a stay at the Crash Pad, and we will be back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TavelerT
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed in a private room with a friend, and found the room very clean and comfortable - the sink in the room was a bonus. The bathrooms were also very clean, the water in the shower hot, and I really appreciated that they used cloth towels instead of paper towels at the sinks.

The food provided for breakfast was plenty adequate - bagels, peanut butter, apple butter, eggs (that you cook yourself), and local coffee. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The hostel is cheaper than a lot of the hotels in the area, but more modern and clean. I look forward to staying there again and I'm glad to see they're doing well.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends