“Great Location!”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 31, 2006

We stayed here over New Year's weekend. It is truly a great location and convenient to everything downtown plus free, fast internet service. Once we parked, we didn't have to drive anywhere. It was clean and quiet. We ate at the Big River Grill & Brewing Works which I highly recommend. The staff were very friendly and the food was good. We tried to eat at the Bluewater Grill but noone would wait on us-I don't recommend this restaurant. We enjoyed walking around downtown and felt very safe. I had the best cup of coffee at the Greyfrier coffee shop-they had free WiFi if you're into that sort of thing. We enjoyed a beer at the Hair of the Dog Pub. I have to tell you that we did the Riverboat dinner cruise on New Year's Eve and it was not what I expected. To me, if you look up the word hokey in the dictionary, it would be this cruise. I couldn't wait for it to be over-and they played "Rocky Top" for the last song-OMG. The band was horrible. I could go on and on about what an unusual experience the Riverboat cruise was-if you want a taste of Appalachia then try it. I think that when we go back to Chattanooga, we'll take the kids-it's really more of a family place.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank CNS
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown

Reviewed October 29, 2006

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on October 28 and loved it. All staff members were very friendly, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was tasty. The hotel is in a great location, and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go (Aquarium, Imax, the longest pedestrian bridge). If I visit Chattanooga again, I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank JP414
Reviewed October 7, 2006

I spent 4 days with my wife and 4 year old daugher. It was our 10 year anniversary. The hotel was clean and very nice with a good breakfast. Children's Discovery Museum, Aquarium, IMAX, Movie Theater and many restaurants in walking distance of hotel. We use the car only day to see Rock City.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank jjrichlands
Reviewed July 7, 2006

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 2 nights with our children (ages 2 & 6) for a weekend trip. I booked this trip based on the reviews from tripadvisor. Personally, I like to see pictures of hotels prior to booking but could not find a picture of this one, so I snapped a shot for future users.
Hotel was very nice. Staff was exceptional. Breakfast bar was above average... we ordered from the grill both mornings & were very pleased. Hotel is within walking distance to all the attractions & is next door to the Children's Discovery Museum (great place for the kids).
We chose a package deal which included the room plus tickets to the aquarium, IMAX, & Children's Discovery Museum. I had originally chosen a suite but in rebooking did not realize that the room rate for the package did not include a suite, so I was disappointed in the room size upon arriving. Check in was less than smooth because I had been charged the package rate for both nights, although the reservation specialist had assured me that she would annotate my reservation stating that I was to be charged 1 night @ the package rate & my additional night should be the regular rate. Although it did take some time to clear up this issue, the check in staff was very friendly & was constantly thanking me for my patience. I was offered complimentary bottled water & breakfast for everyone (which was already included in my plan).
The day of checkout I received my invoice which still had 2 nights at the package rate ($100+ in excess). I had to go to the front desk yet again to resolve the matter. I ended up receiving the night at a "dispute rate" because the front desk staff said that I was so patient & understanding throughout the process.
Overall, the hotel was very nice & staff was very friendly but I did spend about an hour (or more) clearing up the rate error. I would stay here again but I would book a suite & I wouldn't recommend the package deals (front desk staff stated that it was room rate + cost of tickets, so no real savings).

• Stayed: June 2006
15  Thank Stephd871
Reviewed June 25, 2006

I've stayed here many times. Great rooms, service, area & view! walk to lots of the downtown attractions!

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank gamommy
Reviewed May 21, 2006

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. We found it easily enough with the directions of the website and although it has only a couple of parking spaces directly outside the hotel, there is parking right across the street in a public parking which the hotel has use of, it costs just $5 per day and the hotel will give you a ticket to display in your car.

We had a nice sized room with 2 twin beds – plenty of toileteries and towels. The hotel was in a good location for getting around to places – there is an electric shuttle bus 2 minutes walk away which takes you downtown to the Chattanooga Choo Choo with lots of stops along the way. There were good restaurants within easy walking distance, we were there for 2 nights and both nights ate at Big River which the hotel gave us a discount coupon for the first night. The staff in the hotel were all very helpful and friendly, especially Gina on the front desk. Check in was a little slow, Gina was working on her own and had to deal with telephone calls but she was so friendly we didn’t mind! Our rate included full breakfast and there was plenty to help yourself from and even more friendly staff. Internet access was available in the room using a cable connection but a wireless connection was available in the downstairs lounge.

The hotel had a coin laundry which we used and you could buy detergent from the pantry shop in the hotel although it was a little expensive compared to other laundries I have used in hotels. The washer and dryer both cost $1.75 each and detergent was $3 but it was handy to do. There was also a gym and a swimming pool with a spa. We couldn’t get the spa to work and a staff member came and sorted it out for us and was very cheerful in doing so.

We had a look at the Choo Choo hotel whilst we were visiting the Chattanooga attraction and like some other reviews, I wouldn’t want to stay there. It smelt very musty, the dining room looked old and tired and it just wasn’t attractive at all. I would advise you to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn instead and spend just half an hour of your time visiting the attraction. I would be happy to give you more information if you want to email me.

13  Thank Anji Page
Reviewed April 16, 2006

Wonderful location, nice staff... only bad thing was fire alarm going off at 6am :-)

• Stayed: April 2006