WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
NASHVILLE
“Caring, attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

I was traveling through North Georgia with my little dog when she suffered a freak accident. We rushed to the regional pet emergency hospital in Chattanooga, and I checked into the Hilton Garden for 3 days, until my dog passed away. The staff was wonderful, caring, and kind. Very nice hotel....I wish I had been in the mood to enjoy it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

Celebrated our 5th Anniversary in Chattanooga, and as always the Hilton Garden Inn did not dissappoint us. The service was great, the room was clean and nicely decorated, and we had a balcony. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown attractions and restaurants. GREAT stay!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
North Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

What a great hotel, right downtown, walking distance to the ball park, to the free downtown trolley (goes everywhere, including the Choo Choo), to all sorts of nice restaurants. Very friendly staff. My only quibble was the $7 parking fee, but it IS a downtown hotel and parking was indeed at a premium. I would return here for sure.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

Exactly what I expect from a Garden Inn…..nice rooms (nothing special), decent breakfast, and good service…. Now if you're expecting to have a bellhop at your beckon call, or valet parking well then this Garden Inn is probably not for you......but for a reasonably priced basic hotel it was just fine......

Other: The location is great…next to the Children’s Discovery Museum and right in front of the baseball stadium, a block or 2 from the TN Aquarium, the river, and only 1 block from multiple dining options and even a movie theater……you can just about walk everywhere you want to go.......excellent stay….

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chattanooga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

We have stayed here several times over the past few years ( for Riverbend). We have found everything to be clean and in good shape. The only thing that is a little screwy is the parking. The parking lot is run by a different company and each time I have tried to use the lot my room key refused to open the gate. If you leave to drive somewhere you might not have a spot when you return. This would only occur if the Lookouts are home or during Riverbend. I always have found everything to be clean and believe me I look around. I feel a room should be clean if you are paying big bucks.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
South East United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

We stayed at Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Memorial Day weekend for one night. Location was convenient for all locations downtown including the aquarium--and other locations could be accessed easily by Chattanooga's free electric shuttles. Parking was $7.00--which included the day you checked in plus next day--which was reasonable as parking was $4.00 daily.

The major complaint I had was the room was not cleaned very well. When we got to our room and used the bathroom facilities I noticed the bathroom had a strong urine odor--but it appeared clean. Much later that night when we got back to the room and it was time for showers--I noticed there were previous guests hairs in the tub/shower and on the vanity counter top. Sink was white and had been cleaned, but countertops were a mingled brown color and when I ran a white towel over them there was hairs and dirt that came from someone other than our family. Bed was clean with white linens--but a dirty bathroom really gets to me. I am sure all the room are not like this--it is probably this particular house/room keeper on this floor. We were in room 203. Management needs to check behind housekeeping occcasionally.

I probably would not stay in this particular hotel again, due to the fact I don't think this was a one time missed cleaning. From the smell, it was if it had not been cleaned well in long time.

We stayed in a king junior suite and the price with tax was $199--for $200 I expect a very clean room.

The next night we stayed in a 70 plus year old quaint hotel on Lookout Mountain and the bathroom was much cleaner.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank carolina-group
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

This hotel was a perfect location for myself and family (2 kids--1.5 and almost 5). The staff went over and above to make sure our stay was great. We never heard "no." The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the indoor pool was fun for the kids. The morning breakfast was not cheap (about $10 per adult I think), but the kids were free. It was hot and cold food. The omelettes were delicious. Next door to the children's museum, down the street from the aquarium and I-Max. We want to go back!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family