“Great hotel near aquarium and kid museum”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #10 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rockville, Maryland
“Great hotel near aquarium and kid museum”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Great location. We walked to the children's museum next door and a couple blocks to the waterfront and aquarium. The baseball field is right next door too but for us that mostly meant we had to keep the black out curtains closed. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was friendly. My only complaint is the breakfast bar is an additional fee which stinks when all you want to do is grab a banana or bagel.

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Englewood Cliffs, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2014

With the exception of ONE horribly rude employee who YELLED at me when I returned to the hotel without my key (I'm serious--she yelled at me in front of my daughter and extended family), it was a fabulous experience. the breakfast is the best breakfast at any hotel! Wonderful. Clean, quiet. Great pool. WONDERFUL young man at the front desk. Will return. Hope they fire that rude employee.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Lexington Ky
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We booked a little family weekend for myself, husband and 3 children. I decided to stay based on location and reviews. I was very happy! It was a GREAT location for the aquarium, places to eat and quick distance to Lookout Mountain. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Linda served us both mornings, and she was wonderful. Side note, get the breakfast - it was great and kids eat free!! My only complaint was the uncomfortable King bed. The air controls just really don't do much for comfort.

Stayed July 2014
Nashville, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I spend a lot of time at this hotel, and I can honestly say that it trumps any other hotel stay I've had. The staff is friendly, attentive, and joyful. The bartenders, Raphael and Danielle, made great drinks and made me feel welcomed. The front desk, Kurt, Colby, Logan, and Danielle were helpful in every respect. They were always willing to suggest a restaurant, site to see, or place to bike, and if they were ever too busy to chat, I never knew it. The dining room staff, Joseph, Linda, and Candy were a joy to see every morning. They always had friendly conversation and the service was excellent. I couldn't suggest a better place to stay, and next time I'm in Chattanooga, I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Marietta, GA
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I'm not even sure where to begin with all of the good things I have to say. There are a few categories I want to comment on: location, staff, cleanliness, breakfast, and maybe something else I'll think of as I type.

Location: If you are wanting access to the many attractions that Chattanooga has to offer, this is an incredible place to stay. Just about everything is within walking distance. We have two very small children (3.5yo boy and almost 2yo girl) and they were able to walk with us rather than be carried by us or stroller... we were that close to everything. The Creative Discovery Museum is directly next to the hotel. No streets, parking lots, or anything to cross.

Staff: I've never met a more helpful staff in a hotel. Seriously. Every single staff member we encountered was upbeat, positive, and helpful. My 3.5 yo boy wanted to see the vacuum on two different carts being transported by two different staff members and both stopped, let him look around, pointed out things to him and then went on their way. It was awesome. I couldn't make up my mind about breakfast... no problem at all... gave me as much time as I needed/wanted and wasn't bothersome in the meantime - again two different staff members (I believe it was Candi and another gentleman I can't recall his name).

Cleanliness/Accommodations: The hotel was very clean and easy to handle our two little ones. Our room had a pull-out couch for the boy and we brought a pack n play for the girl and it was spacious enough to fit both. I was pleasantly comfortable in the bed (although I always wish for firmer pillows in hotels, but that's across the board - not specific to this hotel) and slept like a champ. The pool and work out area appeared to be clean, but we didn't have an opportunity to use either this trip. Maybe next time.

Breakfast: Perfect for both adventurous and picky eaters. You can order just about anything it seemed. I'd vote for the french toast. We loved eating outside for breakfast. It was gorgeous and so well kept!

That's really all I can think of off the top of my head. By and large, if you are traveling to Chattanooga with small children, this hotel is an incredible place to stay. I would recommend taking them up on their Downtown Fun package as it will fill your days and wear out the little bitties so that everyone can get some sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had a great time at the hotel. The location was fantastic! We walked to everything that we did that weekend--aquarium, shopping, restaurants, Bluff View Arts district, North Shore, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had a great time at Garden Inn Hotel in Chattanooga, TN, the hotel staff is very nice and the facility is always clean and attractive, I would recommend it very much! I had a great time at Garden Inn Hotel in Chattanooga, TN, the hotel staff is very nice and the facility is always clean and attractive, I would recommend it very much!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends