My wife and I spent three nights at the HGI downtown Chattanooga while visiting family and sightseeing. You could not ask for a better place in a better location. The room was clean and comfortable, complete with a bed that allows you to adjust firmness (it's hidden under a flap on each side of the king bed, just so you know).
The front desk staff was very helpful whenever we needed help or directions, even sending someone up our first night when we had trouble working the thermostat. (It was our fault, it just takes a few extra seconds for it to kick in). We didn't arrive until 10 p.m., so i was impressed with the level of help available at that hour. The front desk clerk was also helpful when were lost heading to the hotel and had our reservation and key ready when we hit the door.
We did not eat breakfast at the property (it is not included, like it is at Hilton's Hampton properties). But, we did have cocktails at the lobby bar each evening before heading out for dinner and a fun mystery theater dinner which we also recommend. The bar and support staff were very helpful in providing directions, and even recommended a cool, hip place to have breakfast on the way out of town (it's called Aretha Frankensteins, ask them about it)
The business center was very well equipped with two computers, a printer and a copier. I did run into a little difficulty with the printer, but the staff fixed it in a jif.
The pool and whirlpool were also very relaxing after a day of walking around town to the aquarium and other points of interest.
The hotel is at directly at the bottom of the hill from the minor league baseball stadium. The team (the Lookouts) were not in town while we were there, but that could also be an easily accessible option for fun without having to move your car.
The price is slightly higher than other locations, but you are downtown and this is a business hotel, so you get the level of service you pay for.
The next time you need (or want) to be in Chattanooga, you can't do better overall than the HGI downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga, Tennessee hotel is conveniently located on the city's state-of-the-art complimentary electric shuttle route; take a ride from the riverfront to the Chattanooga Choo Choo and Warehouse Row for some afternoon shopping.Deluxe accommodations, friendly service and a relaxed southern atmosphere await guests at our Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Chattanooga. Certain to please the busy executive or leisure Tennessee traveler are the Hilton Garden Inn's array of special amenities including complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi Internet access, in-room hospitality center with a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, dual-line phones with voicemail and data ports, large work desk, ergonomic chairs, and complimentary HBO(R). Hotel guests can also enjoy a complimentary USA Today(R) each weekday morning, our indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, our premiere fitness center and a 24-hour complimentary business center with secure remote PrinterOn(R) printing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Chattanooga