“Excellent Stay at Downtown Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Relaxed by the pool, enjoyed the jacuzzi, no loud noises when sleeping. Easy walking distance to the boardwalk, good location near all downtown activities. All request quickly filled. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vivian S
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I love the boardwalk, rent a bike and explore it. I have seen deer, and bald eagles while on it. It surprises me the amount of wild life so close to downtown. This city is an outdoor lover’s paradise. The mountains, valise, rivers and state parks make this a great place to spend some time. Then come back and relax in the hot tub. Great for kids of all ages. Come back soon, we will take good care of you when you do.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The staff are as friendly as all others' posts state. The hotel is very clean and literally in the middle of everything. We drove the car very little because everything was within a five minute walk. From eateries, to a movie theater to little shops there's plenty to do without going far.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Thank you for kind words, I am very fond of this hotel myself. The staff and location make it hard to beat. That is what keeps people coming back. When you find the perfect spot you stop looking. This is the perfect downtown hotel and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Recently stayed with family - balcony, right in the middle of the fun downtown attractions in town. Walk to everything. In an hour we covered the Walnut Street Bridge, glass bridge to the Hunter museums, and back to the hotel for a ballgame at AT&T Park, which is across the street. Love this area, and this hotel is really in the best spot. We went to the aquarium and had a great time. The breakfast was already over when we finally got going, but the staff was so sweet to the boys, got them some milk and cereal and bananas. Top of the line, kind and helpful. We will return!

Room Tip: Relax and enjoy - it's all good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Try to make it across the bridge next time, if you have some extra time. There is a merry-go-round in the park with fountains as well. A great place for kids to have fun and then a wonderful ice-cream shop. If you end up with a bunch of energy though, the river walk doesn't end with the glass bridge at the museum. It goes 10 miles to the dam. A fantastic walk or bike ride. I love seeing all the wildlife on the river. It sounds like you had a lot of fun we hope you come back soon. Tell your friends.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel, as usual with HGI, was excellent. I thought the rates were a bit high for this particular brand, but I understand the location of the hotel within the downtown area must have necessitated the higher rates. Still, I most likely would find a less expensive hotel the next time around.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mark Z, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am glad to hear you have such high expectations of the HGI, and that we continue to meet them. We are an outstanding brand of Hilton and our prices are very completive. I urge you to look at our prices and the prices of our competitors. You will see that we are priced very close but that we offer amazing service to go with our great prices. We are not the most expensive, but we will treat you like we are.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Although rate was 180 per night, Hotel condition, location and cleanliness was great. It was in Downtown Chattanooga, blocks from Aquarium and 6 miles from Rock City and Ruby falls. Indoor pool and hot tub were great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. It is a very good hotel. The location is hard to beat, with everything so close in downtown you don't have to move your car unless you want to leave downtown. Rock City is great place to spend the day with the kids, as well as the parks across the river. Just a great family friendly town. Come again soon and tell your friends.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel! We checked in early with no problems, the rooms was clean and exactly as expected. The rooms seem very soundproof which is important when traveling with small children. The king size bed was comfortable, but we personally are not fans of termpurpedic-type beds, so we weren't especially thrilled, but to each his own. We were especially happy with the breakfast. The serving staff was fantastic, courteous, and helpful, and the food was delicious! We would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am glad you had such a good time. I love our breakfast too. I like to get an omelet and a waffle with pecans. The staff is great and helpful. It makes for a great way to start the day. The next time try our queen beds you may like them more for they are an actual mattress. I hope you took the kids to the merry-go-round across the river; they will like it almost as much as our pool. We look forward to having you back; tell your friends what a great time you had.

Thanks, Mark Zielke Front Desk Manager.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

1st time in Chattanooga for my family. Tried to check in early, room unavailable, but Kurt gladly offered to take our take all of our luggage behind the desk while we strolled around the river (to some of his suggestions) until our room was available.

As other reviewers have said, property in nice shape (we loved the patio area for morning coffee and evening cocktails), rooms nice, no complaints. But what sets this place apart from the rest is the staff.

First, I'll say that Danielle the bartender was nice to chat with and provided superb service. But even more of a bright spot... I have NEVER been exposed to a better front desk team than Kurt/Colby/Logan. Each of their personalities are different, and they each offer unique perspectives and services. Combined, they are simply unbelievable. Trust me... I am Hilton Diamond and I've traveled everywhere. These guys rock, you will feel confident and comfortable in their care.

Besides being super friendly, always accommodating, and always interested and pleasantly conversant... they offered directions, opinions on their favorite places to go, provided discounts to local attractions, late check out, heck we even shared an order of Papa Johns with Colby, and he offered a slice of his pizza that we had never tried before. We were so blown away by their actions and their attitudes, not only did we express ourselves to these fine gentlemen, and also submit "catch me at my best" cards for each of them, but we beckoned Kim the Manager to rave about them.

Seriously. As I stated to Kim... I would come back to this hotel JUST for the staff!!! Hope you can keep these folks on staff as they would be great ambassadors for the property for years to come. HGI ought to send them around the country to show other properties what Customer Service is all about. Wow!

In the spirit of continuous improvement, I'd offer only 2 very minor suggestions. The dial-your-firmness beds... booo. Was on softest setting and still too hard for us. Wish HGI would just get rid of them entirely, very gimmicky, not just at your property. And second, our room had moderate smell of cholorine, as it was situated directly above the pool. May want to consider a purifier for these rooms, perhaps?

Outstanding job to the staff, and to Management as well. A+

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. It feels so good to hear the things you said about the staff. The Hilton is lucky to have such great, caring staff members and I always love to hear guests talking about them. We do not see you as customers but as guests, and there is a big difference. The way the staff treats people makes such a difference in a stay. We make all the difference and it makes me glad to get noticed for it. Thanks for taking the time to tell people about the wonderful staff. Come back soon.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager