“Staff sets this place apart!”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #10 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
East Coast
“Staff sets this place apart!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

1st time in Chattanooga for my family. Tried to check in early, room unavailable, but Kurt gladly offered to take our take all of our luggage behind the desk while we strolled around the river (to some of his suggestions) until our room was available.

As other reviewers have said, property in nice shape (we loved the patio area for morning coffee and evening cocktails), rooms nice, no complaints. But what sets this place apart from the rest is the staff.

First, I'll say that Danielle the bartender was nice to chat with and provided superb service. But even more of a bright spot... I have NEVER been exposed to a better front desk team than Kurt/Colby/Logan. Each of their personalities are different, and they each offer unique perspectives and services. Combined, they are simply unbelievable. Trust me... I am Hilton Diamond and I've traveled everywhere. These guys rock, you will feel confident and comfortable in their care.

Besides being super friendly, always accommodating, and always interested and pleasantly conversant... they offered directions, opinions on their favorite places to go, provided discounts to local attractions, late check out, heck we even shared an order of Papa Johns with Colby, and he offered a slice of his pizza that we had never tried before. We were so blown away by their actions and their attitudes, not only did we express ourselves to these fine gentlemen, and also submit "catch me at my best" cards for each of them, but we beckoned Kim the Manager to rave about them.

Seriously. As I stated to Kim... I would come back to this hotel JUST for the staff!!! Hope you can keep these folks on staff as they would be great ambassadors for the property for years to come. HGI ought to send them around the country to show other properties what Customer Service is all about. Wow!

In the spirit of continuous improvement, I'd offer only 2 very minor suggestions. The dial-your-firmness beds... booo. Was on softest setting and still too hard for us. Wish HGI would just get rid of them entirely, very gimmicky, not just at your property. And second, our room had moderate smell of cholorine, as it was situated directly above the pool. May want to consider a purifier for these rooms, perhaps?

Outstanding job to the staff, and to Management as well. A+

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. It feels so good to hear the things you said about the staff. The Hilton is lucky to have such great, caring staff members and I always love to hear guests talking about them. We do not see you as customers but as guests, and there is a big difference. The way the staff treats people makes such a difference in a stay. We make all the difference and it makes me glad to get noticed for it. Thanks for taking the time to tell people about the wonderful staff. Come back soon.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Conover, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice Hotel, rooms clean, beds little hard for my liking, Kids enjoyed indoor pool, breakfast was outstanding each morning-great having cooked to order items, great friendly staff; convenient location to aquarium, ballpark, discovery museum, and restaurants; construction on next block kept free shuttle from stopping close to hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Sounds like you had a great time. The pool always makes the trip for the kids (I know it always did for me when I was younger). We have a great staff that is always happy to help. I am sorry you didn't like the bed. Next time try the king bed they have an adjustable firmness so you can make it as soft as you like. The city is set up nicely so that we are at the center, to make it easy to get around and see everything without moving your car. Come again soon.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager.
Columbia, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Friendly staff, clean rooms and hotel, breakfast staff excellent! The fitness center had a good selection of weights and equipment, but two of the treadmills did not work. The pool had too much chlorine, but given the amount of kids in it - that was probably a good idea. My eyes stung for awhile after leaving the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and staff here. We do have a great hotel and I am glad you came to enjoy it. The breakfast is a good deal and made that much better by the servers there. I love the omelets and blueberry waffles.
Hope you tell all your friends what a nice stay you had. Thanks for your review of us.

Collierville, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Logan at the front desk helped my teenage daughter and I tremendously. We were scheduled to tour the University of Tennessee the next morning. He gave us valuable insite, directions and tips for the town and the university. Joseph in the dining room was very helpful. He gave us breakfast suggestions and helpful hints regarding the local attractions. Based on his recommendation, we visited Look Out Mountain during our stay and enjoyed it immensely! Everyone there made us feel at home! You have an AWESOME team!!!

1 Thank Sondra W
Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. The team we have at this hotel is what makes it such a special place. They make all the difference in the stay. Friendly, helpful, and eager to help. I am proud to have such a great team. We all look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Thank you for your kind words.

Raleigh, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have never been treated so well at a hotel, large or small! We truly felt welcome and appreciated at this hotel. Every single staff member went out of their way to ensure we had what we needed for our stay. We spent one night with our 6 1/2 year old and 3 month old and will definitely be back when we go through Chattanooga again next summer.

1 Thank Emily B
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manger. You are welcome and appreciated at our hotel and I am glad to hear that you were treated as such. This city is great for families, and a wonderful place to stay. I appreciate you kind words and time. Hope to see you soon.

Wishing you and your family a great summer.

Rockford, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had a fabulous stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Chattanooga. My family went in for a relaxing weekend of fun. We rested well at the HGI. We enjoyed the breakfast and pool while there. Great place for families.

1 Thank Dawn H
Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. We are a great place for families. And a great place for the adult to unwind. The pool gets the kids everytime, and the hot tub is next to the pool so you watch the kids while relaxing. Then just a short jump to the sights, less than 3 blocks gets you where you want to go. Tell your friends and we look forward to your return.

Thanks,

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the way back from Atlanta with my sister and two nephews. It was clean, the staff was nice and the location was great! Really close to a lot of attractions and restaurants downtown and was an easy exit for us to head to Rock City/Ruby Falls the next day. I would definitely stay here on my next trip to Chattanooga.

1 Thank windycityjp
Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am delighted to hear of your great stay. There is a lot to like about our location and our city. I hope you made it to the river park it is a great way to spend the day here. There is the merri-go-round and next to it ice cream, soda shops, and shopping. We look forward to seeeing you soon.

Thanks,