1st time in Chattanooga for my family. Tried to check in early, room unavailable, but Kurt gladly offered to take our take all of our luggage behind the desk while we strolled around the river (to some of his suggestions) until our room was available.
As other reviewers have said, property in nice shape (we loved the patio area for morning coffee and evening cocktails), rooms nice, no complaints. But what sets this place apart from the rest is the staff.
First, I'll say that Danielle the bartender was nice to chat with and provided superb service. But even more of a bright spot... I have NEVER been exposed to a better front desk team than Kurt/Colby/Logan. Each of their personalities are different, and they each offer unique perspectives and services. Combined, they are simply unbelievable. Trust me... I am Hilton Diamond and I've traveled everywhere. These guys rock, you will feel confident and comfortable in their care.
Besides being super friendly, always accommodating, and always interested and pleasantly conversant... they offered directions, opinions on their favorite places to go, provided discounts to local attractions, late check out, heck we even shared an order of Papa Johns with Colby, and he offered a slice of his pizza that we had never tried before. We were so blown away by their actions and their attitudes, not only did we express ourselves to these fine gentlemen, and also submit "catch me at my best" cards for each of them, but we beckoned Kim the Manager to rave about them.
Seriously. As I stated to Kim... I would come back to this hotel JUST for the staff!!! Hope you can keep these folks on staff as they would be great ambassadors for the property for years to come. HGI ought to send them around the country to show other properties what Customer Service is all about. Wow!
In the spirit of continuous improvement, I'd offer only 2 very minor suggestions. The dial-your-firmness beds... booo. Was on softest setting and still too hard for us. Wish HGI would just get rid of them entirely, very gimmicky, not just at your property. And second, our room had moderate smell of cholorine, as it was situated directly above the pool. May want to consider a purifier for these rooms, perhaps?
Outstanding job to the staff, and to Management as well. A+
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga, Tennessee hotel is conveniently located on the city's state-of-the-art complimentary electric shuttle route; take a ride from the riverfront to the Chattanooga Choo Choo and Warehouse Row for some afternoon shopping.Deluxe accommodations, friendly service and a relaxed southern atmosphere await guests at our Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Chattanooga. Certain to please the busy executive or leisure Tennessee traveler are the Hilton Garden Inn's array of special amenities including complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi Internet access, in-room hospitality center with a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, dual-line phones with voicemail and data ports, large work desk, ergonomic chairs, and complimentary HBO(R). Hotel guests can also enjoy a complimentary USA Today(R) each weekday morning, our indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, our premiere fitness center and a 24-hour complimentary business center with secure remote PrinterOn(R) printing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Chattanooga