Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Ok HGI”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Best thing about the hotel is location, though, the Courtyard is slightly better situated for the restaurants and parking (in a deck). Pretty amazing what they get per night in this part of downtown compared to other areas of Chattanooga. I paid over $200 which is more than downtown Chicago right now. This HGI has a little different feel to it than others I've stayed in. Starting with the corridors, a funky carpet tile layout adorns the hallways. Lighting is cool fluorescent. That coupled with the dark carpet tile gives it a very uninviting feel as you head to your room. Rooms themselves are standard HGI, though, this one seemed as if it needed a re-freshening. I wasn't crazy about it overall and would look to stay elsewhere for the money next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BigDaveB10
HGI-ManagerChatt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for completing a review on our property. We appreciate your feedback very much. I want to personally apologize for your experiences that you had while staying with us. I have great memories of playing in the hotel pool when I was growing up and I hate that we were unable to make a memorable experience for you and your family. I am sharing your response with all members of management and we will be getting these issues corrected. We have now fixed our pool and it is back in full service. Again, I do apologize for this experience. I would like to invite you back to our hotel the next time you are in Chattanooga. I can assure you our hotel will be different the next time you visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The good stuff first 1) very close to Discovery Center, Aquarium, IMAX, and other fun Chattanooga attractions. We walked all over downtown. 2) our room was clean. 3) our room was dark with the lights off (hotels generally have way too much ambient light). The bad stuff- 1) the whirlpool was broken and the pool was freezing. We chose this hotel for 2 reasons- the location and the pool/whirlpool. My 7 year old couldn't stay in the pool long because of the temperature and the whirlpool was cold. That meant a lot of restless activity in the room when we should have been working out that energy in the pool. Parents, that means big STRESS, right?! Finally, the male waitstaff in the dining room had deplorable service skills. He spoke to one customer about his ex-wife throughout our breakfast there. The female waitstaff bussed tables, replenished drinks and greeted guests. Even though she wasn't covering our table, I made sure she got our tip.
We've stayed here 3 times total and the first two visits were lovely, but I'm afraid this will be our last. This is just too much money to have so many disappointing events in one stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HGI-ManagerChatt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Nashville, TN
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. Very impressed with the staff - everywhere you turned someone was asking if everything was OK and to see if you needed anything. Very clean. Pretty lobby and breakfast area. Breakfast is about $10.00/person, but a VERY good value for all that you get, and the convenience of not leaving the property. Great location, within walking distance to restaurants and river front area. Right across street from baseball stadium and walking distance to the aquarium.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Springville, Alabama
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was one of the best trips I've ever had in Chattanooga and I've been visiting every year for 15 years. The people that work here made this trip so much better than the hotel alone ever could. It was our 2nd anniversary and we would had our 11 month old with us. Rebecca upgraded our room to a king whirlpool when I called to request a crib for the baby. Kurt gave us great suggestions for places to eat and was able to provide discounts to many of the local restaurants. The one day we had rain the front desk provided an umbrella for us to use for the day. The room was lovely with the whirlpool and balcony, so relaxing each evening after walking all day. Everything downtown is within walking distance and Lookout Mountain/Ruby Falls are just a short drive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I always can expect excellent customer service, friendly staff, and a quiet clean room. The breakfast is a little expensive at $13.00 a person, unless you get a hand-made custom-ingredient omelet and sample the free cookies and confections that the staff leaves around the lobby to temp you!

Room Tip: The "Center" rooms nearer the elevators have balconies. On the East side you can watch th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Room and bathroom were very clean. The pool was nice. I had my 7 month old with me and it was good exercise for her after a day of being drug around sightseeing. The staff was super friendly. I wish I would have got one lady's name (she was putting towels at the pool) because she deserves a kudos. Just because of her kindness.
Was disappointed breakfast was not included. But when I went to just grab a coffee & muffin I wasn't charged. Back to the great staff! We only spent 2 nights and hope to go back to Chattanooga. Will probably stay here when we do.

• Stayed March 2013
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown four times now over the last two years (most recently last week in February 2013). It's exactly where we want to be and close to everything. You pay more than staying out a couple of exits from downtown, but it's worth it to be able to just walk back to the hotel after dinner. This hotel is consistently excellent, staff is always friendly -- especially the breakfast crew! It is one of the best hot breakfasts I've had anywhere. Lots to choose from and they'll cook you an omlette just how you like it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words about our stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit.