Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
GreenLeadersSilver level
chattan
“FAJ”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was our 3rd time at this Hilton and we will love it. Lori was a blessing helping me coordinate our reservations for 4 rooms and we just love the guys at the desk, Ben and PJ. They make us feel at home and are so helpful!

Rooms are great, (love the suites). We Will be back!

Room Tip: Have not stayed in a bad room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HGI-ManagerChatt, Guest Service Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
My name is Zach Hollis, the Guest Service Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn, Chattanooga Downtown. I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate your stay and how valuable your feedback is to us! I share all of our feedback with the hotel in order to build the best team possible and if there is anything else we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, I hope you feel free to let us know. I look forward to having you back as our guest and hope you won’t hesitate to contact me personally to assist you in any way I can!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Oneonta, Alabama
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We took our kids to rock city to see the Christmas lights and stayed here. It was a great trip. We requested a room with a balcony and we had a laarge room and a street view balcony. The staff were super friendly and the night desk clerk even made raman noodles for the kids late Saturday night. The indoor pool and hot tub was also a nice plus. We really had a great trip. P.J was super.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HGI-ManagerChatt, Guest Service Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
My name is Zach Hollis, the Guest Service Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn, Chattanooga Downtown. I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate your stay and how valuable your feedback is to us! I am sorry we did not provide enough amenities in the room during your stay. I spoke with our Housekeeping Executive and we will have this issue resolved for any future stay. I share all of our feedback with the hotel in order to build the best team possible and if there is anything else we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, I hope you feel free to let us know. I look forward to having you back as our guest and hope you won’t hesitate to contact me personally to assist you in any way I can.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Nice location in the heart of downtown. Friendly, helpful staff. Very good breakfast. Was disappointed did not get an up-grade considering my diamond status, especially since the hotel was only 60% full. Management needs to loosen up with the up-grades, especially with diamond members. Room a bit small, but very clean. The pool is smaller than my bathtub at home! Overall a decent stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank temple1120
HGI-ManagerChatt, Guest Service Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
My name is Zach Hollis, the Guest Service Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn, Chattanooga Downtown. I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate your stay and how valuable your feedback is to us! I am sorry we were not able to fulfill this request. When you choose to stay with us again, I will do everything I can to provide an upgrade. I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty. I look forward to having you back as our guest and hope you won’t hesitate to contact me personally to assist you in any way I can.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff was very friendly and the room was comfortable. Unfortunately they are very deceptive about what is an additional charge.
When we checked in they gave us a parking permit and told us to make sure we had it on our dashboard. Then they invited us to join them inthe morning for a breakfast Buffett. The Buffett was no more that what we would typically get for a free breakfast at other hotels. No one said that it was 10 per person, no signs nothing. Just presented a bill at our table once we had sat down with some food. Ok fine, so we had to pay for our food. We stopped at the desk to check out and asked to make sure out breakfast had been added to our bill. The next day we received a call from the hotel that they didn't have our credit card to charge our breakfast or our parking! NO ONE had said that there was a charge for parking. We thought the permit they face us was part of our room. They were very deceptive about the additional charges, like they were trained to be that way. I will not be staying at another Hilton after this. Marriott treats their guest more openly and upfront about things. You know before hand if something is an additional price.

• Stayed December 2012
HGI-ManagerChatt, Guest Service Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
My name is Zach Hollis, the Guest Service Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn, Chattanooga Downtown. I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate your stay and how valuable your feedback is to us! I share all of our feedback with the hotel staff in order to build the best team possible and make every guest have a perfect stay! I am very sorry your stay was less then perfect. I am sorry about the Buffet and Parking charge. The parking charge is located on all online websites, however it is the job of the front desk to convey the additonal charges. I hope you will give us a chance to correct the mistake and show you that our hotel is the best choice. Again I am sorry and I hope you will contact me so we can talk further about this issue. Thanks again!
Holland, PA
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights recently while visiting Chattanooga on business. The hotel is situated very close to several good restaurants and bars. The Tennessee aquarium and a few museums are all within a 10 minute walk. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was a typical HGI King room, mine was in the rear and looked out at the minor league baseball field. It was very clean with no issues. Parking is $8 per day in a small lot behind the hotel, but it's very convenient. I don't think there is anywhere else to park close by that is not metered so this is the only option. Pool was currently being rehabbed and reopening in early December.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HGI-ManagerChatt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
My name is Kim Randall, the General Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn, Chattanooga Downtown. I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate your stay and how valuable your feedback is to us! I share all of our feedback with the hotel in order to build the best team possible and if there is anything else we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, I hope you feel free to let us know. I look forward to having you back as our guest and hope you won’t hesitate to contact me personally to assist you in any way I can!
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It's not the experience I would expect from a Hilton, no soaps/ shampoos in rooms, ceilings in rooms very low. Breakfast not good, dirty plates, old milk, I have to say though, staff was very accommodating and nice, that was the only positive.

• Stayed November 2012
HGI-ManagerChatt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
My name is Kim Randall, the General Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn, Chattanooga Downtown. I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate your stay and how valuable your feedback is to us! I share all of our feedback with the hotel staff in order to build the best team possible and make every guest have a perfect stay! I am very sorry your stay was less than perfect. I hope you will give us a chance to correct the mistake and show you that our hotel is the best choice. I would like to talk personally with you about these issues. Also, I will have my Guest Service Manager contact you in hopes we can make it right. We guarantee the best service. Again I am sorry and I hope you will contact me so we can talk further about this issue. Thanks again!

Dallas
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary and decided to try this hotel. Best choice ever the staff was super friendly from conscierge to waitress even housekeeping they all had a smile and all offered to help with anything if needed. The room was clean and huge we got a free upgrade because of our anniversary we had a jet tub with our own patio and beautiful view. They also offered breakfast which was really good. We always admire great customer service which they excelled in! Definetely would go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yasmin R
HGI-ManagerChatt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012