“Usual Garden Inn Experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights recently while visiting Chattanooga on business. The hotel is situated very close to several good restaurants and bars. The Tennessee aquarium and a few museums are all within a 10 minute walk. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was a typical HGI King room, mine was in the rear and looked out at the minor league baseball field. It was very clean with no issues. Parking is $8 per day in a small lot behind the hotel, but it's very convenient. I don't think there is anywhere else to park close by that is not metered so this is the only option. Pool was currently being rehabbed and reopening in early December.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HGI-ManagerChatt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

My name is Kim Randall, the General Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn, Chattanooga Downtown. I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate your stay and how valuable your feedback is to us! I share all of our feedback with the hotel in order to build the best team possible and if there is anything else we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, I hope you feel free to let us know. I look forward to having you back as our guest and hope you won’t hesitate to contact me personally to assist you in any way I can!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

It's not the experience I would expect from a Hilton, no soaps/ shampoos in rooms, ceilings in rooms very low. Breakfast not good, dirty plates, old milk, I have to say though, staff was very accommodating and nice, that was the only positive.

• Stayed: November 2012
HGI-ManagerChatt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

My name is Kim Randall, the General Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn, Chattanooga Downtown. I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate your stay and how valuable your feedback is to us! I share all of our feedback with the hotel staff in order to build the best team possible and make every guest have a perfect stay! I am very sorry your stay was less than perfect. I hope you will give us a chance to correct the mistake and show you that our hotel is the best choice. I would like to talk personally with you about these issues. Also, I will have my Guest Service Manager contact you in hopes we can make it right. We guarantee the best service. Again I am sorry and I hope you will contact me so we can talk further about this issue. Thanks again!

I look forward to having you back as our guest and hope you won’t hesitate to contact me personally to assist you in any way I can.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary and decided to try this hotel. Best choice ever the staff was super friendly from conscierge to waitress even housekeeping they all had a smile and all offered to help with anything if needed. The room was clean and huge we got a free upgrade because of our anniversary we had a jet tub with our own patio and beautiful view. They also offered breakfast which was really good. We always admire great customer service which they excelled in! Definetely would go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yasmin R
HGI-ManagerChatt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me start off by saying this hotel had a very friendly staff, fresh-baked cookies ready, and most importantly, a clean room with a comfortable bed. Unfortunately, the two rooms that we tried had a really strong odor to them- almost a mildewy smell. When we first arrived and walked in our room, my husband and I both immediately noticed a foul smell and called the front desk. They were nice enough to meet us at our room and give us a key to a different room (on a different floor), but as soon as we walked in, we were knocked back by the same smell. Another couple in the hallway even stopped to comment how they switched rooms because they were over the pool and their room had a strong chlorine smell. Maybe that was the mystery odor?? At that point we didn't feel like asking for another room again, so we just settled in and eventually got used to it.

Overall, not a bad experience, but the odor didn't exactly lend itself to a romantic atmosphere for our anniversary get-a-way.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI-ManagerChatt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are glad you mentioned our friendly staff. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting Chattanooga. The location was excellent within walking distance of all downtown attractions and dining places. The hotel was very clean and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. When asking at the desk where to go for dinner, the young man gave us his favorite places and pulled out discount coupons for several restaurants. We enjoyed the visit to Chattanooga and would stay at the Garden Inn again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review! Everything that you have stated is absolutely correct. Whenever you decide to head back to our area please give us a call or visit the front desk and we'll give you some great ideas for restaurants and other attractions in the area. Thanks again for your support and we sure hope to see you again sooner than later.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The good news is it has a wonderful breakfast, a very cordial staff, and a nice location. Not so good was an uncomfortable mattress, tiny, lumpy pillows, and loud drunks i the halls at 1 AM. The hotel did adjust our bill due to the reported noise the next morning. Given all that, one might stay there, but one would pay too much for what he or she got.

Room Tip: Get as far from the street as you can.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI-ManagerChatt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. I invite you to contact our Guest Service Manager who would more than happy to help make the situation right. Thank you again. and sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We frequent Hilton Garden Inn and this one did not disappoint! This was our 2nd stay at this one and we will be back. The location can't be beat--walking distance to many restaurants and bars, the river-front, and the aquarium. We arrived around 4 pm and our room was not ready. Because of the delay, we were given a free upgrade, free sodas and cookies during the wait, breakfast buffet vouchers, and every time we walked through the lobby, the staff seemed to be going out of their way to make sure we were happy with our stay. As for the breakfast buffet, it was terrific! Like another traveler pointed out, the small pillows were a little weird and uncomfortable, but definitely not worth a less-than-excellent rating.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HGI-ManagerChatt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I would first like to say how sorry we are that we were not able to have the room ready by four. However, you cannot beat an upgrade. I would like to thank you for being so understanding! I would also like to say how happy I am to hear that the staff was accommodating and was able to improve your stay. I would hope to see ya’ll return to the property and I promise your next stay we will change the pillows with our micro puff pillows, they seem to be more comfortable. I am very pleased you had a great time in Chattanooga. If there are any more recommendations or anything we could have done better please feel free to call or email me. Have a great rest of the week. Look forward to seeing you again.